Harvdog

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m a member of the Florida gator Reddit page. They’re all unanimous in saying this guy is very slow, wildly overrated and not much of a loss at all. Is that mostly sour grapes or is there a consensus out there that he’s overhyped? 

Sour grapes. He is, factually, very fast.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m a member of the Florida gator Reddit page. They’re all unanimous in saying this guy is very slow, wildly overrated and not much of a loss at all. Is that mostly sour grapes or is there a consensus out there that he’s overhyped? 

They sound very soonerish. I bet they were saying very different things about him when he was committed to Florida.

16 minutes ago, Helobious said:

If you watch his film at all, you would know that he's very very fast. He was timed 2 years ago at 10.52, which is similar to Worthy's HS times. He's gotten bulkier since then, but most of his speed is still evident and will only remanifest as he continues to get used to his body.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Helobious said:

IMG_1811.thumb.png.c30f29d668812ec022cc60a9a2d81a96.png

49 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It was wind-aided but I believe he has a faster high school 100 meter time than Jamaal Charles. So I'd say "very slow" is probably an inaccurate description. One of our track buffs can correct me on Charles's high school times if I'm wrong but that won't really affect the point.

Edited by Huckleberry

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It was wind-aided but I believe he has a faster high school 100 meter time than Jamaal Charles. So I'd say "very slow" is probably an inaccurate description. One of our track buffs can correct me on Charles's high school times if I'm wrong but that won't really affect the point.

Yeah it doesn't really matter because when your speed is comparable to Worthy or Charles, you're plenty fucking fast.

Edited by kevwun

36 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know what JC was in high school but as a 19 year old freshman at UT he was a 10.25 guy.

https://worldathletics.org/athletes/united-states/jamaal-charles-14234614