• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

https://fbschedules.com/2024-missouri-football-schedule/

Saturday
Aug. 31
Murray State Racers Football Schedule Murray State Racers Faurot Field, Columbia, MO Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 7
Buffalo Bulls Football Schedule Buffalo Bulls Faurot Field, Columbia, MO Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 14
Boston College Football Schedule Boston College Eagles Faurot Field, Columbia, MO Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 21
Vanderbilt Commodores Football Schedule Vanderbilt Commodores Faurot Field, Columbia, MO Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 28
  OFF    
Saturday
Oct. 5
Texas A&M Football Schedule at Texas A&M Aggies Kyle Field, College Station, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 12
UMass Football Schedule at UMass Minutemen McGuirk Alumni Stadium, Amherst, MA Time TBA ETTV TBA  
Saturday
Oct. 19
Auburn Football Schedule Auburn Tigers (HC) Faurot Field, Columbia, MO Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 26
Alabama Crimson Tide Football Schedule at Alabama Crimson Tide Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 2
  OFF    
Saturday
Nov. 9
Oklahoma Sooners Football Schedule Oklahoma Sooners Faurot Field, Columbia, MO Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 16
South Carolina Gamecocks Football Schedule at South Carolina Gamecocks Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 23
Mississippi State Bulldogs Football Schedule at Mississippi State Bulldogs Davis Wade Stadium, Starkville, MS Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Battle Line Rivalry
Saturday
Nov. 30
Arkansas Football Schedule Arkansas Razorbacks Faurot Field, Columbia, MO Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets

this is one really shitty schedule

UMass is the SEC bitch next year.  They play three SEC teams 

The level of insincerity of these trophy presentations is beyond belief.  

I almost expect the ESPN guy with the mic to say, "Hello sir or ma'am, how does it feel to be the Cotton Bowl Champion?  Press 1 for Great, press 2 for Pretty Good, and press 3 for I ain't got no time fo dat!"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Cajun said:

The level of insincerity of these trophy presentations is beyond belief.  

I almost expect the ESPN guy with the mic to say, "Hello sir or ma'am, how does it feel to be the Cotton Bowl Champion?  Press 1 for Great, press 2 for Pretty Good, and press 3 for I ain't got no time fo dat!"

Dayum goooood!

I have nothing against the 12 team playoff. I think they should have had a playoff long ago just like every other division in college football. But this isn't basketball. Every year there are maybe 2 to 5 teams that can actually win it. 

I think this year there are 3. Texas,  Bama,  uw. Both of these teams would have been in a 12 team playoff and that's silly. Texas is up 89-3 in the first half on the shit osu ran out there. That's why I think Michigan has no prayer. The big 10 is shit football and osu proved that tonight. 

Whatever. Monday can't get here soon enough. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I’ve got a buddy that is an Ohio State grad, and he is damn near apoplectic about their performance tonight. Cracks me up.

Those idiots have no idea how the other half lives. Two losses and don’t make the playoffs? Fire everybody.

I hope they fire Day and hire a Charlie Strong equivalent. Let them wander the desert for a lost decade. They are due.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 2

2 minutes ago, Victor Lazlo said:

I’ve got a buddy that is an Ohio State grad, and he is damn near apoplectic about their performance tonight. Cracks me up.

Those idiots have no idea how the other half lives. Two losses and don’t make the playoffs? Fire everybody.

I hope they fire Day and hire a Charlie Strong equivalent. Let them wander the desert for a lost decade. They are due.

This is where I'm at . Do it. Fire him . Join a late carousel and finally make a shit hire 

12 minutes ago, pops said:

I have nothing against the 12 team playoff. I think they should have had a playoff long ago just like every other division in college football. But this isn't basketball. Every year there are maybe 2 to 5 teams that can actually win it. 

I think this year there are 3. Texas,  Bama,  uw. Both of these teams would have been in a 12 team playoff and that's silly. Texas is up 89-3 in the first half on the shit osu ran out there. That's why I think Michigan has no prayer. The big 10 is shit football and osu proved that tonight. 

They're not The BIG SLOW TEN for nothing!  Lulz.

19 minutes ago, pops said:

We'll see how silly it is when we see the playoff play out.

I don't think we are going to see the top 2 or 3 teams win every year.

And as far as the Big 10 goes...OSU had Georgia by the balls and let them off the hook last year. We'll see what happens.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, freyguy said:

I can't remember a time before, watching a game and being completely bored as fuck as I was during this one.

Do you even ACC championship game a couple weeks ago?

Northwestern/Utah was god awful too just a few days ago

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WBT said:

if his arm wasn't going forward, how'd the ball go forward?

Bounced off his body/doesn't matter.

There wasn't a throwing motion made with the ball in his hand, so without the throwing motion with the ball in his hand going forward, the ball going forward by itself is a fumble.

There's no football rule that says the equivalent of, that when behind the line of scrimmage, that anytime a ball goes foward in any fashion (even without a throwing motion) from a player, the ball going forward must be by-defintion a pass and not a fumble.

A pass has always been defined by a throwing motion with the ball in the hand going forward, not the ball somehow happening to go forward without being held in the hand.

That ball wasn't thrown. I liken that play to Garo Yepremian's spaztacular non-throw in Super Bowl VII.  Lulz.

Edited by BachelorTrek

24 minutes ago, freyguy said:

I can't remember a time before, watching a game and being completely bored as fuck as I was during this one.

I cleaned the kitchen and made stew, coming on here every 10 minutes to check on the facts. Had the TV on, but volume was low. Instead decided to rock some Buffett, cuz Come Monday, It will be Alright.

Edited by InkaUtexas
deleted song. we all know it
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, freyguy said:

16-6...that was nail-biting excitement compared to the grass-growing competition we had to witness tonight....

You insane? And let's not forget we had to suffer through another shitshow in the FSU-UF game just the week before. 

So yeah sorry watching the meaningless Cotton Bowl was rough but minimizing how we all suffered for 8 quarters in two games that we thought was determining Texas' fate at the time? None of us deserve that low blow after all we suffered.

You could have watched the Texas Basketball game you know.

Edited by Valmy77