Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

If he wins reelection he'll be president until February 2029. Five years from now. I don't think that's.... realistic. And yes I understand all of the advantages of incumbency, etc. It's just a tough spot to be in right now.

It may not feel realistic, but if you go to the Social Security website they have a life expectancy calculator based on gender and birthdate.  For the two likely candidates, they are both "expected" to live beyond another 4 year term:

Joe Biden:  8.2 years

Donald Trump:  10.2 years

Yes, this is purely statistical and doesn't reflect the health (or lack thereof) of either man.  Just some food for thought.

Next time the Right brings up the "Biden controls the Justice Department" talking point, bring this up.

That report was a political hit job.

That being said, I wish Biden had just said directly and concisely last night: "I should not have had classified documents stored in my residence. It was a mistake on my part and I take responsibility for that."

Edited by yoladu

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It may not feel realistic, but if you go to the Social Security website they have a life expectancy calculator based on gender and birthdate.  For the two likely candidates, they are both "expected" to live beyond another 4 year term:

Yes, this is purely statistical and doesn't reflect the health (or lack thereof) of either man.  Just some food for thought.

Yeah, but I didn't mean dropping dead in office. I meant more being able to handle the duties of the job. He has aged a lot between 78 and 81. 86 just isn't going to be feasible, IMO.

But, whatareyougonnado.

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I always like this website. Put in Male 81 and see the distribution of deaths after it.

https://flowingdata.com/2015/09/23/years-you-have-left-to-live-probably/#:~:text=As expected%2C the probability that,zero relatively quickly after that.

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The DOJ’s comments on the report will get overlooked easily bc it doesnt fit the narrative 

IMG_2258.thumb.jpeg.974f17a85a093a1e05fcb144b64a3eb9.jpeg
IMG_2260.thumb.jpeg.c19998cbbb2e825298a28c264f5075ce.jpeg

This political train wreck could not be more on point for Democrats.

Good job, everyone. Well done.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

keep going, I'm almost there

I'm doing a research project on the civil religious memories of deceased US presidents, and I wonder if Trump's death will outshine John Tyler's in the public imagination.

Wheeling Daily Intelligencer (VA soon to be WV) 1/24/1862

John-Tyler-Death.jpg.6ecf2263820f2a39748a58fec1b5cb75.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The DOJ’s comments on the report will get overlooked easily bc it doesnt fit the narrative 

IMG_2258.thumb.jpeg.974f17a85a093a1e05fcb144b64a3eb9.jpeg
IMG_2260.thumb.jpeg.c19998cbbb2e825298a28c264f5075ce.jpeg

Jesus Christ. The MAGATs and GOP'ers in my networks have seized on this so-called "red meat." What a disaster. Bill Barr never would've let something like this happen. When will Democrats learn that "doing the 'right' thing all the time" rarely pays off in the world of US politics. One side is relentless and ruthless. The other is populated by total pussies.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I'm doing a research project on the civil religious memories of deceased US presidents, and I wonder if Trump's death will outshine John Tyler's in the public imagination.

Wheeling Daily Intelligencer (VA soon to be WV) 1/24/1862

John-Tyler-Death.jpg.6ecf2263820f2a39748a58fec1b5cb75.jpg

only president not buried under a US flag

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Jesus Christ. The MAGATs and GOP'ers in my networks have seized on this so-called "red meat." What a disaster. Bill Barr never would've let something like this happen. When will Democrats learn that "doing the 'right' thing all the time" rarely pays off in the world of US politics. One side is relentless and ruthless. The other is populated by total pussies.

The only thing to remember is that anyone who could be swayed by this report likely has no idea it exists.

A paragraph in a Special Counsel report and a Thursday evening press conference right before Super Bowl weekend is not something on the radar of most Americans, especially 9 months out from the election.

"Biden is too old" may certainly play a role in this election, but it won't be due to the events on this week.

• Hook 'Em 4

It will also be easily countered, especially after Trump is a convicted felon. 

"Oh, are you referring to where Biden was exonerated? That's funny, considering his opponent is a convicted felon and was found liable for sexual assault."

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The only thing to remember is that anyone who could be swayed by this report likely has no idea it exists.

A paragraph in a Special Counsel report and a Thursday evening press conference right before Super Bowl weekend is not something on the radar of most Americans, especially 9 months out from the election.

"Biden is too old" may certainly play a role in this election, but it won't be due to the events on this week.

Until the NY Times and the rest of the mainstream media give it the old Hillary's emails treatment.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

51 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I have to wonder, did Garland and his team read the damn thing before it was released?

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

57 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Bill Barr never would've let something like this happen.

Correct. Garland should have done a press conference giving his own view of the SC's findings and then sat on the report for a week or so until people saw something else shiny and moved on.

• Hook 'Em 3

There are hundreds, maybe even one thousand Americans who can name the Egyptian president. The man is making a clear point about countries that need humanitarian solutions and just had a major bill blocked because of ongoing Mexico border issues. If anything he has too many thoughts going on in his head.

1 minute ago, The Royal We said:

Correct. Garland should have done a press conference giving his own view of the SC's findings and then sat on the report for a week or so until people saw something else shiny and moved on.

Taylor Swift will be the shiny object in 3 days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The Royal We said:

Or redacted all the shit that the MAGATs have pounced on like Barr did. It would've eliminated the need for the disastrous WH presser that was thrown together last night.

36 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Nobody will remember that press conference come Monday with the Super Bowl coming up.

Meanwhile, just put Joe on ice till the general and watch Trump light himself on fire.

That's great and all, but he's going to have to campaign and debate. 

This will not go away. It was already a main talking point that registers with people. Not it is “written” by someone and it will be used again and again and every time Biden does one of his typical gaffes.

Republicans know how to message.

Democrats know how to step on their own dicks. Over and over.

Fuck CNN is even making a huge issue of this.

Trump drives ratings and that is what is going to matter. Journalism is dead.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Fuck CNN is even making a huge issue of this.

No shit they are. "Do the comments in Biden's exoneration completely nullify all of Trump's legal issues? We'll discuss, next." 

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You can't hide him for nine months. That's a great way to lose. 

it worked for Joe in 2020 and worked for Katie Hobbs.

I thought Joe not traveling in 2020 would be his campaign downfall.  

Trump not debating seems to be working like a charm.

Seems a bit like conventional campaign wisdom is not so wise.

I also thought Hillary was a lock in 16. so I am not a great election prognosticator.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Conditions were slightly different then, in the middle of a pandemic. 

acknowledged.

Trump would likely do the above referenced, "light himself on fire" if not given the counter point of Joe campaigning in the late summer/fall.  Certainly an isolation strategy would be a HUGE risk.

Frankly I could see, "He's beneath me" as a strategy.   Joe would get heat for it from the media who need the clicks.

Edited by Incredulity

32 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Have him out and about with the public but do not, under any circumstances, let the man debate.

I mean, that's true of both of them. Against any other candidate he would be a liability but against Donald Trump it's a layup. I have little doubt Biden would be considered a decisive winner in public polls and in media analysis just as he was in 2020, but debates have been definitively proven to not matter at all anyway. They are poo flinging contests.

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

IMPO the debates were losses for Trump.  Precisely because he wouldn't shut up at all and the, "will you shut up, man" was pretty perfect.

They were considered losses by Trump by huge margins in public polling in both 2020 and 2016. My contention is that means fuck all.

Just went to Jim's for lunch. Table of about eight old men next to me. Is it sad that my first thought was about how they are going to do nothing but talk politics and bitch about Biden?

Actually they just kind of chit-chatted with each other in groups of two or three about nothing in particular until one guy decided to talk to the guy all the way across the table from him. They were talking about an upcoming church service, but the guy who started the conversation had to shoehorn in a couple of Joe Biden quips that of course didn't really tie in with the conversation at all. The other guy just ignored them.

Funny thing is that these guys were all in the ballpark of Biden's age but don't seem to have any qualms working in jokes about how old/senile they think he is. Oh, and Joe Biden was pronounced exactly like you think it was by this guy -- "Joe BUY-dun"

Just now, David Dennison said:

I'll believe it when I see it. 

Texas State has raised about a million dollars thusfar to host the debate later this year.  And have internally started inquiring about how to legally give it back.  There are not going to be any debates.  

It's okay, the fat guy dies in the Autumn.  

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Texas State has raised about a million dollars thusfar to host the debate later this year.  And have internally started inquiring about how to legally give it back.  There are not going to be any debates.  

It's okay, the fat guy dies in the Autumn.  

If there are no debates, I think that helps Joe Biden.

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

”oh they said he’s senile and forgetful and a drooling poop diaper baby and yet, he was coherent and knowledgeable and didn’t die on stage”

I've never found Trump to be coherent or knowledgeable.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again