CFP Semifinal: Texas vs Washington - 7:45pm on ESPN

Pancho

3 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Why didn't Texas go for 2 in case Washington makes a field goal?

Of course you kick to go down 6 so you win with your next 7...but the thought did cross my mind at the time 

Edited by WBT

Imagine if the refs actually called the block in the back on the obvious block in the back and put UW in a "and long" situation.  2 penalties for 9 yards for one of the most penalized teams in college football seems legit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

How many times have we "shoulda sacked" Penis tonight?

it wasnt just us. 

in 13 games before us, he was only sacked 11 times.   thats less than 1 a game.   

and everytime we get there to touch him, we fucking run by him, past him, get juked, stop rushing, and barely touch him while not holding on

2 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Win or lose, I'm super proud of this team. They're facing one of the most pinpoint college passers I've ever seen, but they're still grinding. 

Agreed but this game could have turned out different with better first half play calling

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

It’s easy to criticize our defense but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team do what Washington has done passing tonight. This is a masterclass.

they get to hold at will as well.

• Like 1

It’s easy to criticize our defense but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team do what Washington has done passing tonight. This is a masterclass.

I mean... our DBs have been slow all season long. We haven't, until now, played a team able to really punish us for that.

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

it wasnt just us. 

in 13 games before us, he was only sacked 11 times.   thats less than 1 a game.   

and everytime we get there to touch him, we fucking run by him, past him, get juked, stop rushing, and barely touch him while not holding on

This

Credit Penix by far and away best QB we've faced

• Hook 'Em 2

Yep. And they will probably look like shit next week.  

Should’ve gone for 2 after our last td
Yeah what the fuck was that about? Being down 7 and 6 is no different right now. You coach with how the game is unfolding. You need to at least give your shit defense a cushion where a FG still has it at one possession

Just now, Nicole44 said:

1 minute drill. Go for two. Get onside kick and win with kicker. Sounds easy. Go and do it damnit! 

Why go for 2. You need 10 pts to win. You get in field goal range. Kick it. Onside. Or you hope for a big chunk td and then of course go to the onside

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Our D-Line never got to Penix, and our secondary couldn't keep up with UW receivers. I'm surprised its not a blow out honestly. 

we left 10 points on the field with the stupid fumbles

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's 2019 LSU/Joe Burrow.  Just a different shade of purple and the gold is actually gold.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I'm still taking the Burrows, Jefferson and Chase trio. did it in college, and doing it in the NFL.

• immamac unpinned this topic