FAFO movies/tv

Celery Man

I watched First Blood the other week, and then watched season 1 of Reacher. And I’ve realized that right now what I want to watch is movies/tv where people fuck around and then find out. That probably encompasses most of the action genre, but i think maybe specifically hunter becoming the hunted type stuff - someone minding their own business and getting fucked with and soon enough the people fucking around are finding out bigly. What are some recs?

I just watched “Becky”, which is more of a thriller and kinda fits the bill. Enjoyable mindless “little girl annihilates white supremacists” kind of thing, which I like. I googled a bit and found “Man on Fire” - the Denzel movie is garbage.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

jeez man, the Denzel version is the epitome of fuck around and find out. 

yeah, young Dakota is annoying as fuck... but Denzel does a master clinic on enraged psycho killer on a purposeful mission... first on blind revenge, and then on blind hope that he can save her.

• Hook 'Em 5

Yeah but it’s a 1) bad movie that 2) takes itself seriously. Two hours of slow motion pseudo art shots insinuating character development and half an hour of finding out, and then a super weird tag ending.

Just now, BabaYaga said:

john-wick-baba-yaga.gif

Massive failure to have neglected to mention this up top, it is #1 in the genre.

• Prepare your anus 1

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

Yeah but it’s a 1) bad movie that 2) takes itself seriously. Two hours of slow motion pseudo art shots insinuating character development and half an hour of finding out, and then a super weird tag ending.

are you unfamiliar with tony scott?

• Haha 1

Lotsa great movies category.  Like most of my favorite movies fall into this category.

”Man on Fire” is the hands down #1.  Watching those guys all be tortured makes me happy.  Blow up a kidnapper out of his butthole?  Yes.

The debate is for #2 and my vote is Predator.  Alien brings all that tech to the jungle and starts a fight.  Loses.

I recently watched The Equalizer 3 which is in the same "FAFO" genre as Man on Fire and both star Washington. I was halfway into the movie when I realized Dakota Fanning was in it as well.

Its a Man on Fire reunion where Denzel fucks up the Italian mafia for fucking around.

Posted (edited)

I love John Wick. Retired, just trying to grieve over his wife's passing and they. killed. his. dog. and. stole. his. car.

Oh, and Drive was mentioned--great movie there.

Some off-the-wall not completely tongue-in-cheek selections for your consideration (I make no claims that all of these would make the greatest movies list):

Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) (with Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth, and Charlize Theron) where a young lass, persecuted for her beauty learns how to wield a dagger and fight back against lookism.

Big Jake (1971) (John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara, Richard Boone). Guy trying to make a living as a rancher and goes after grandkid rustlers.

Boondock Saints (Willem Dafoe, Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus, Billy Connolly) Sometimes when you live in a neighborhood without an HOA it's always a fight to keep it clean.

Cruella (2021) (Emma Stone, Emma Thompson, Mark Strong, Joel Fry, Paul Walter Hauser, John McCrea) Precocious artist wants to live her life designing beautiful garments but an evil-minded crone has other plans until young Estella realizes her potential for mayhem and vengeance.

The Odyssey (1997 TV miniseries) (Armand Assante, Isabella Rossellini, Bernadette Peters, Greta Scacchi, Eric Roberts, Christopher Lee, Vanessa Williams et al) Veteran wants to go home after the war and the real world whole lotta strange events won't stop hasslin' him so he has to keep fighting.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Left out some stuff

Do all the Buford Pusser/Walking Talk/Roadhouse rich guy runs a town but FAFOs with the new badass in town count? 

Also, for the six degrees of Kevin Bacon, Death Sentence (underrated flick), and, I guess, Wild Things?

Edited by A-Tex Devil

Man on Fire is garbage?!? WTF. That’s Denzel’s best movie and Dakota gives one of the best child performances out there. I’ll fight anyone.

Celery Man really drew me offsides.

My contribution:

My favorite FOFO
Hunter Hunter (does it get more FOFO than this?)

Also great FOFO
Ready or Not
Bloody Hell
You’re Next
Nobody
Brawl in Cellblock 95
Revenge
The Man From Nowhere