Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, HillCountryBevo said:

My GF mom works at UT faculty. I was talking about possibility of Sark going to bama last night. She just told me that her mom got an email that CDC, Hartzel, and Eltife are meeting this afternoon. Hold on to your butts

His agent wouldn't be worth a damn if he doesn't get Sark a bigger pay increase out of this. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Think there is a good chance Bama gets turned down by a lot of top choices and those top choices get nice raises.  Going to Bama to follow Saban seems like an insane proposition when they are not as well positioned NIL-wise as other schools, the 12 team playoff while easier to get in will be harder to win and the expectations and reactions to not meeting them are Auburn level nutso (if you are young you simply don't remember how fucking crazy this fan base gets with their coach when they are not winning, we are bad...they are psycho).  Name the last coach to leave Alabama in failure and do something else meaningful head coaching-wise?

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

We got Sark at a discount because of his history but now that he's produced he's going to get fucking paid.

Yep.  He was in line for a big raise for a Big 12 title and CFP appearance. Nothing to do with Saban.

Sure, he might get a little more on top of the raise, but the was always going to get a huge bump and extension even before the Saban news. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Oh you're gonna get Dabo, but it gets much worse. We are going to force him to take Cade Klubnik with him 

My wife got mad at me last night when I said she should be hoping that Bama takes the Dabo headache off Clemson's hands.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

The coeds make a visit to that campus worthwhile. The talent I saw walking around there in September was damn impressive. 

A southern school with light admission requirements has a shitload of hot chicks?  I learn new things every day on this site.

• Haha 6

I have to think that all AD's, who are worth anything, have a working list for every coach at the school as to who is the immediate interim coach if something happens to the Head coach, and another list of who they want to talk to as a full time replacement if needed. 
I'd love to see the list leaked related to replacing $t Nick
And 'Bama has to do this somewhat on the downlow as it will look really bad to publicly be turned down by 1 or more coaches.

(hell look what happened when Luke Fickell turned down MSU, they made stretch hire in Mel Tucker, extended the stretch by his contract extension after year 2, and got caught with their dick in their hand when they had to fire him) - wait...wut?

15 minutes ago, HillCountryBevo said:

My GF mom works at UT faculty. I was talking about possibility of Sark going to bama last night. She just told me that her mom got an email that CDC, Hartzel, and Eltife are meeting this afternoon. Hold on to your butts

This was happening regardless of the Saban retirement.  They are working on an extension/raise for Sark.

16 minutes ago, HillCountryBevo said:

This is 1000% accurate.  I'll be at the meeting too.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HillCountryBevo said:

Thank you, Simone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Man, I love Saban. What he built was ridiculous and he's always been who he was. Happy to say that I actually attended the "I'm not going to, so quit asking" game in person. 

I noticed this year that he looked old. There's something about being around 68-72 years old. Sometime in that span you age 10 years in one year. Saban had his this past year or two.

Happy College Football GIF by ESPN

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Thank you, Simone.

I do love the idea that some random UT faculty member in the School of (whatever) got an email that the AD, President and Chairman of the Board of Regents are meeting today. I'm sure everyone in the School of Social Work or the Department of Art History are waiting with baited breath to find out how that meeting goes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Quinn just announced he's coming back. He waited this long, I don't think he announces if he didn't hear something from Sark.

"Now that he knows Sark is off to Bama with Manning, of course he's staying."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Don Johnson said:

Lanning out.  Sark out.  Kiffin probably not in the picture.  Dabo lost his luster.

If they don't get Norvell or Deboer, there's a big dropoff in name recognition.

I know just the guy

image.png.9671146703b525af48bca0538ba4fa72.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Don Johnson said:

Lanning out.  Sark out.  Kiffin probably not in the picture.  Dabo lost his luster.

If they don't get Norvell or Deboer, there's a big dropoff in name recognition.

Unless they go NFL..

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

Deboer seems like they're best option that will probably say yes.  He's losing his covid old man team so it's a really good time for him to make a move.

Deboer has also won everywhere he's been. Didn't he have some insane winning percentage at his NAIA school?

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, C-Man said:

My wife got mad at me last night when I said she should be hoping that Bama takes the Dabo headache off Clemson's hands.

I honestly thought he "got it" after the Luke and Rumph hires. Those were home runs. Then he does nothing in the portal, when some positions are in serious need. 

26 minutes ago, The Dog said:

We got Sark at a discount because of his history but now that he's produced he's going to get fucking paid.

I know right, Texas did that totally backwards, you're supposed to overpay for a coach's history and then after he doesn't produce he gets fucking paid. Again. 

/A&M

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire