Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

I was looking for the famous meme very-serious-person Elon Musk created and posted a few years back labeled "Can't we all just get along?" to paste here at this particular moment in time, but searching twitter has become impossible to navigate. Damned luck.

And yes there's always an exception. So @ Mullet whatever should feel obliged to set himself alight and jump from the highest building within a 5 mile radius from his present location.

we're at a SIXTH price cut in the US this year now. that's normal, right?!

• TESLA CUTS PRICE OF MODEL Y LONG-RANGE AWD 9.1% TO $49,990
  • TESLA CUTS PRICE OF MODEL Y PERFORMANCE BY 8.5% TO $53,990
  • TESLA CUTS PRICE OF MODEL 3 REAR-WHEEL DRIVE 7% TO $39,990
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, royiv said:

Elon has definitely demonstrated to me that I want him to have access to my banking information.

Customer: @elonmusk my bank account balance shows -$9999.99 even though that's  not what it should be

Elon: Curious

Customer: Are you going to do something about that?  I can't pay my bills or buy food.

Elon: Indeed

Customer #2: My bank account balance is showing -$9999.99 as well, and all my savings are gone.

Elon: Many people's bank account balances are too high imo.  Most don't understand this.

Catturd2: Hey Elon, my bank account balance shows -$9999.99 as well and that's wrong

Elon: Working on a fix.  Should roll it out in a few days...on 4/20

Elon: 🤣💯

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, NoName said:

The price cuts are boosting their sales, so maybe there were a  bunch of people looking to buy Teslas and just waiting for a price drop.  The earnings stuff comes out tonight.

37 minutes ago, NoName said:

But...inflation! How long ago was it that "inflation" was the national media topic of the day week month year?

I still want to know who financed the majority of the tslas on the road today and how price the nosedive in tsla used car value is pummeling their bottom line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The price cuts are boosting their sales, so maybe there were a  bunch of people looking to buy Teslas and just waiting for a price drop.  The earnings stuff comes out tonight.

price cuts happen, for sure. but SIX in 109 days seems excessive.

• Hook 'Em 1

Only one reason for that and it’s to move inventory that is piling up.  It’s not too clear space for next year’s models, and it’s destroying the aura of exclusivity that used to attach o the vehicle (however undeserved).  It’s really going to hurt the pricing power going forward and is likely the effect of the traditional car companies getting rolling with EVs.  Some big names are short TSLA, I don’t play that game but have felt it’s way overpriced as a company for a long time.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

He's been planning this year for years/decades, since his original run at making X.com work (as a financial services).

He wants it to be the "everything app" that people use for banking, social media, direct contact with other people/companies, shopping, etc. because that's exactly what we all want - Elon being in charge of our DMs, email, banking, shopping, etc.

He's mentioned taking twitter in that direction

Yes he wants it to be like WeChat.

Elon loves the CCP model. If you think about it he’s already rolling out his own version of a social credit system. Just pay for bigger reach on app. Don’t pay, you’re restricted. 

Just another perfect day for crazy dumbass motherfucker Elton Husk.

In his recent interview with Fox News host Tucker Carlson, the billionaire tycoon spoke about how the “urge to have sex and procreate” has been “subverted” by birth control and abortion, leading to population decline.

“In the past we could rely upon, you know, simple limbic system rewards in order to procreate,” the Tesla CEO told Carlson on Tuesday. “But once you have birth control and abortions and whatnot, now you can still satisfy limbic instinct, but not procreate.”

The SpaceX founder felt that society hasn’t “yet evolved” to deal with the effects of contraception, because forms of birth control are “all fairly recent, in the last 50 years”.

“I’m sort of worried that hey, civilisation, if we don’t make enough people to at least sustain our numbers, perhaps increase a little bit, then civilisation’s going to crumble,” Musk said. “The old question of, will civilisation end with a bang or a whimper?”

He added: “Well, it’s currently trying to end with a whimper in adult diapers, which is depressing as hell.”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/elon-musk-mocked-telling-tucker-181700965.html

20 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Just another perfect day for crazy dumbass motherfucker Elton Husk.

He doesn't understand child mortality rates in the past, as well as the labor issue of those on farms in the pre-mechanized agricultural days, where they not only needed a lot of extra hands that kids provided but those kids were in effect paying for themselves.  Shocking.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Now he’s gonna sue MSFT

Wow, would like to see this fight, but he's literally the reason why Microsoft is dumping twitter, because, you know, advertisers don't want to be associated with white supremacists openly being white supremacists and conspiracy nuts spreading misinformation with no stops in sight.  And doing it with blue checkmarks.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/elon-musk-threatens-to-sue-microsoft-after-it-drops-twitter-from-ad-platform

Microsoft is dropping Twitter from one of its advertising platforms—and Elon Musk isn’t happy. 

Microsoft quietly announced the removal of Twitter support from the company’s Smart Campaigns advertising platform, according(Opens in a new window) to Mashable. This means Microsoft advertising clients won’t be able access their Twitter accounts or create and publish tweets through Smart Campaigns starting on April 25.   

Redmond didn't explain why it’s winding down the support. But Twitter reportedly wants to charge companies from $42,000 to as much as $210,000 per month for access to the company’s API, which can allow third-party apps to interface with the social media service. 

So it looks like Microsoft has joined others in declining to pay the new API access fee. In response, Musk is threatening legal action. The reason? Twitter’s CEO is alleging Microsoft mined Twitter’s data, such as user tweets, to help train Microsoft's AI-powered programs. Now he’s demanding compensation.

https://help.ads.microsoft.com/apex/index/3/en/60085

• Starting on April 25, 2023, Smart Campaigns with Multi-platform will no longer support Twitter. 
  • As of April 25, 2023, you'll be unable to:
    • Access your Twitter account through our social management tool
    • Create and manage drafts or Tweets
    • View past Tweets and engagement
    • Schedule Tweets
  • Other social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn will continue to be available.

I'm wondering if he realizes the size of MS's legal team, and I'd almost bet that Microsoft had permission (but from the old management).

• Haha 4

On 4/18/2023 at 3:58 PM, atomheartbevo said:

It's amusing to me because he's in his 50s and the world's richest, second richest, third richest man and the woman he is obsessed with is Grimes and he now hates trans people because she left him for one and crushed his ego, and he spent $44 billion to basically seek validation from incels, bots, and Qanon types.

It's amusing/confusing to me, because with that kind of money, I'd be on a private island with an interesting variety of people and not give a fuck what people are saying on the internet.  Or I'd be touring the world's resorts.  I wouldn't be sleeping on a couch in a shitty office obsessing over how to label the CBC or NPR on social media.  I wouldn't have needed to reach that level of money either - after the first hundred million, I'm fucking out of sight to the rest of the world.

instead, i'd be sleeping for 30 minutes every 6 hours in a cube in the middle of the production line for my oxy-methane rocket engines to drive the tripling of output necessary to throw away hundreds of perfectly good engines on test flights to save humanity from extinction

like musk did last year

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wow, would like to see this fight, but he's literally the reason why Microsoft is dumping twitter, because, you know, advertisers don't want to be associated with white supremacists openly being white supremacists and conspiracy nuts spreading misinformation with no stops in sight.  And doing it with blue checkmarks.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/elon-musk-threatens-to-sue-microsoft-after-it-drops-twitter-from-ad-platform

https://help.ads.microsoft.com/apex/index/3/en/60085

I'm wondering if he realizes the size of MS's legal team, and I'd almost bet that Microsoft had permission (but from the old management).

when both parties have massive federal business, they get equal treatment, which means one party can't motion the other to death for years

i'm wondering if you remember the windows95 wars and the IE litigation which broke open the ubiquity of the intertrons

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Maybe they had permission. Maybe they didn't need it. Public information is public. Websites can also take steps to stop crawling. But even if worst case scenario from MS POV, Elno sues and wins, what are the damages he'd be able to prove? I can't imagine it'd be more than a blip on the radar. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He doesn't understand why Western nations do not have men cranking out 10 kids among 3-4 women apiece.

Maybe he should concentrate on helping the catholic church reconquer lost souls, or boosting Catholics standard of living, or allowing more of them to enter the US so they can procreate in a 1st world country. NO CR.

• Haha 1

what a great way to win back your advertisers

1) go on media blitz to explain why twitter is great no and how shit it was before

2) go on Tucker Carlson (!!!) and say a bunch of wild stuff, like TruthGPT and the whole procreating thing.

3) threaten to sue Microsoft

4) ban journalist for posting about a hacked account (link)

5) ???

6) profit

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2

Tesla.  Where they not only will sell you a car, but car insurance as well.

Then use the data from your vehicle to alter your insurance rates.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/tesla-insurance-charges-you-more-if-you-drive-at-night

Tesla owners have complained about the high cost of insurance for years. Elevated rates have been attributed to "higher-than-average" claims, combined with what might as well be a parts and service monopoly. Eventually, Tesla even created its own insurance product that uses real-time data to adjust the monthly cost of its insurance premiums on-the-fly.

Many Tesla owners have switched to the service in the 12 states where Tesla insurance is now offered. But as owners quickly discovered, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. One of the biggest pain points for owners has been night driving, as Tesla Insurance heavily weighs the time of driving against an owner's premium.

Tesla-Safety-Score-Weight-1.jpg?auto=web

The price that policyholders pay for Tesla insurance is through a gamified magic number called a "Safety Score." Using real-time data from in-car telematics, Tesla can record behavior like hard braking, aggressive turning, unsafe following, excessive speeding, and hard braking—all of which are used to directly calculate a vehicle's premium based on driving behavior. That means someone with a lead foot or who often brakes late will pay more for their insurance monthly than someone who maintains a safe following distance and obeys the speed limit. It's like one of those optional OBDII dongles offered by your traditional insurance company, only baked directly into the car.

Spoiler

One important factor that affects a driver's Safety Score is how often the vehicle is driven between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. In fact, Tesla says that it can weigh as much as 15.2% on the overall score.

"Plan your trips to avoid driving between the hours of 10 pm and 4 am to help reduce the likelihood of a dangerous driving environment," reads Tesla's Safety Score support article.

The use of nighttime driving affecting the cost of the insurance premium has been fairly polarizing to drivers who subscribe to Tesla Insurance. While some are happy to have their rates personalized, many others are complaining all over Reddit about how heavily it affects their rates for just a small amount of driving. It's not a new thing, either, as drivers have been upset about the impact of late-night driving for months. Some have even had to adjust their morning commute by a matter of minutes—not even entering their vehicle inside the window of time spelled out by Tesla to avoid the impact on their Safety Score.

Tesla-Safety-Score-Weight.jpg?auto=webp&

According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Fatality and Injury Reporting System Tool, there were an estimated 4,335,820 property-only vehicle crashes in 2021. Of those, around 68% occurred during the daytime. A similar percentage—66%—that involved injuries also occurred during the daytime.

Where data becomes skewed is with fatal accidents. Traffic fatalities hit a 16-year high in 2021, an uptick of 10% from the previous year. NHTSA reports that of the 39,508 fatal motor vehicle crashes in 2021, which killed 42,915 people, 54% of the incidents occurred at nighttime.

Tesla also recently enabled variable time-of-use rates at its Supercharging stations. This enables the automaker to charge more or less for electricity delivered to cars depending on the time of day when they plug in. Coincidentally, this makes it cheapest for Tesla owners to charge when it would be most expensive to drive with Tesla Insurance.

Tesla-Deerfield-Beach.jpg?auto=webp&opti

One Supercharger in Florida, for example, is 64% cheaper to charge during the hours that affect Tesla's Insurance product the most:

4 am to 8 am: $0.35 per kWh
8 am to 12 am: $0.39 per kWh
12 am to 4 am: $0.14 per kWh

It's worth noting that this probably isn't a gimmick to encourage customers to drive their vehicles late at night to get a charge, especially since most EV owners are at home. Instead, it's likely that the pricing is a product of time-of-use and is meant to encourage owners to only use Supercharging stations when needed, for as long as needed to prevent congestion. Or, perhaps, the pricing directly reflects electricity supply costs.

As for insurance, it's unlikely that Tesla will drop the metric. The automaker tweaked how night driving affects a driver's Safety Score in multiple iterations of its insurance formula, though it has not shown any indication of removing it despite rampant displeasure from customers online. But to Tesla's credit, NHTSA data does back up the increased number of fatalities that occur at night, and perhaps its fleet data shows even more refined details that aren't available to public eyes.

• Rage+1 1

Tesla’s stock price tumbles amid price cuts. Shares in the electric carmaker are down over 7 percent in premarket trading after it reported that first-quarter profit fell 24 percent year on year. The culprit was a price-cutting campaign to defend market share against surging competitors, though Elon Musk noted that Tesla’s price margins remained among the highest in the industry.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

Tesla’s stock price tumbles amid price cuts. Shares in the electric carmaker are down over 7 percent in premarket trading after it reported that first-quarter profit fell 24 percent year on year. The culprit was a price-cutting campaign to defend market share against surging competitors, though Elon Musk noted that Tesla’s price margins remained among the highest in the industry.

and their production volume and build quality remain the lowest in the industry

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 8:18 AM, Hefeweizen said:

Only one reason for that and it’s to move inventory that is piling up.  It’s not too clear space for next year’s models, and it’s destroying the aura of exclusivity that used to attach o the vehicle (however undeserved).  It’s really going to hurt the pricing power going forward and is likely the effect of the traditional car companies getting rolling with EVs.  Some big names are short TSLA, I don’t play that game but have felt it’s way overpriced as a company for a long time.

Man, driving around Austin, it's ridiculous. I constantly think of this line from Between Two Ferns:

image.thumb.png.739314f6f94ed5f51594992598c956a2.png

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The price that policyholders pay for Tesla insurance is through a gamified magic number called a "Safety Score." Using real-time data from in-car telematics, Tesla can record behavior like hard braking, aggressive turning, unsafe following, excessive speeding, and hard braking—all of which are used to directly calculate a vehicle's premium based on driving behavior. That means someone with a lead foot or who often brakes late will pay more for their insurance monthly than someone who maintains a safe following distance and obeys the speed limit. It's like one of those optional OBDII dongles offered by your traditional insurance company, only baked directly into the car.

Hi... we made a car that is super duper fast... but, uh, that's gonna cost you.

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

How’s the business on paper, though? Is it booming?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Tesla.  Where they not only will sell you a car, but car insurance as well.

Then use the data from your vehicle to alter your insurance rates.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/tesla-insurance-charges-you-more-if-you-drive-at-night

Tesla-Safety-Score-Weight-1.jpg?auto=web

Reveal hidden contents

One important factor that affects a driver's Safety Score is how often the vehicle is driven between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. In fact, Tesla says that it can weigh as much as 15.2% on the overall score.

"Plan your trips to avoid driving between the hours of 10 pm and 4 am to help reduce the likelihood of a dangerous driving environment," reads Tesla's Safety Score support article.

The use of nighttime driving affecting the cost of the insurance premium has been fairly polarizing to drivers who subscribe to Tesla Insurance. While some are happy to have their rates personalized, many others are complaining all over Reddit about how heavily it affects their rates for just a small amount of driving. It's not a new thing, either, as drivers have been upset about the impact of late-night driving for months. Some have even had to adjust their morning commute by a matter of minutes—not even entering their vehicle inside the window of time spelled out by Tesla to avoid the impact on their Safety Score.

Tesla-Safety-Score-Weight.jpg?auto=webp&

According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Fatality and Injury Reporting System Tool, there were an estimated 4,335,820 property-only vehicle crashes in 2021. Of those, around 68% occurred during the daytime. A similar percentage—66%—that involved injuries also occurred during the daytime.

Where data becomes skewed is with fatal accidents. Traffic fatalities hit a 16-year high in 2021, an uptick of 10% from the previous year. NHTSA reports that of the 39,508 fatal motor vehicle crashes in 2021, which killed 42,915 people, 54% of the incidents occurred at nighttime.

Tesla also recently enabled variable time-of-use rates at its Supercharging stations. This enables the automaker to charge more or less for electricity delivered to cars depending on the time of day when they plug in. Coincidentally, this makes it cheapest for Tesla owners to charge when it would be most expensive to drive with Tesla Insurance.

Tesla-Deerfield-Beach.jpg?auto=webp&opti

One Supercharger in Florida, for example, is 64% cheaper to charge during the hours that affect Tesla's Insurance product the most:

4 am to 8 am: $0.35 per kWh
8 am to 12 am: $0.39 per kWh
12 am to 4 am: $0.14 per kWh

It's worth noting that this probably isn't a gimmick to encourage customers to drive their vehicles late at night to get a charge, especially since most EV owners are at home. Instead, it's likely that the pricing is a product of time-of-use and is meant to encourage owners to only use Supercharging stations when needed, for as long as needed to prevent congestion. Or, perhaps, the pricing directly reflects electricity supply costs.

As for insurance, it's unlikely that Tesla will drop the metric. The automaker tweaked how night driving affects a driver's Safety Score in multiple iterations of its insurance formula, though it has not shown any indication of removing it despite rampant displeasure from customers online. But to Tesla's credit, NHTSA data does back up the increased number of fatalities that occur at night, and perhaps its fleet data shows even more refined details that aren't available to public eyes.

Anyone that signs up for Insurance that is based on letting the company monitor your driving (this isn't limited to just Tesla) - you get what you asked for. I feel no pity for them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

How’s the business on paper, though? Is it booming?

Not anymore. It looks like Tesla is moving from a luxury with elastic demand to a volume play a la Honda: 

One day after cutting prices on its cars for the sixth time this year, Tesla reported that all those discounts made a big dent in its Q1 profits, which were down 24% compared to the same period last year. But with competition in the electric vehicle market heating up, the company said it was sticking with its plan to sell more cars for less. It expects to move 1.8 million cars this year, up from 1.3 million in 2022.

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

With the money he spent on twitter, he could have bought one of the smaller automakers and worked on converting their entire lineups to EVs.

Yeah, but then he couldn't save humanity and protect free speech by expanding his main business.  Where is the fun in that?

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Yeah, but then he couldn't save humanity and protect free speech by expanding his main business.  Where is the fun in that?

He successfully use Twitter to pump and dump crypto and tsla stock. In his mind that meant he was a Twitter genius and knew how to run the company. Turns out he was wrong and should have just kept with the tweet grift especially after the SEC proved they had no real desire to punish him.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

He successfully use Twitter to pump and dump crypto and tsla stock. In his mind that meant he was a Twitter genius and knew how to run the company. Turns out he was wrong and should have just kept with the tweet grift especially after the SEC proved they had no real desire to punish him.

He was (is?) the worlds richest man and he had an outsized infatuation with the trolling Twitter provided and it was his favorite hobby. He spent $20bn (as of yet, maybe the full $44bn will be lost) to tickle himself. Don’t get me wrong I think he wants to make money and make Twitter financially a success, but I also don’t think he will lose sleep if it doesn’t, as long as he can keep trolling NPR and far left.

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Tesla batteries are a structural part of the car and if a tesla is in even a fender bender there's no way to know whether the battery was scratched, let alone dented, either of which would make a lithium battery unsafe and cause an EV to be junked and declared a total loss. That's a big part of what makes insuring EVs like tsla's more expensive, like 2x the price of a CE or a EV where the battery is non-structural. Best time to avoid fender benders or other collisions is when there are no other vehicles on the road. No doubt that's why they're charging more for insurance coverage during all the hours of the day (4 am to 9:59 pm) when there's many more vehicles on the roads and there's a greater likelihood for accidents.

Might want to take another pass at that one. They charge more for late night driving, not less.

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?