Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

The 911 in various guises wins all kinds of races to this day. Not drag races, though, it’s not what you’re for. And they’re glorious. 

Oh sure, it's fast, and handles amazingly. But boxer engines are obsolete even within the realm of internal combustion engines; and electric motors nowadays beat the pants off all of those.

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Oh sure, it's fast, and handles amazingly. But boxer engines are obsolete even within the realm of internal combustion engines; and electric motors nowadays beat the pants off all of those.

Nothing wrong with a horizontally opposed engine, it’s all about packaging. In aviation use they are the standard and it’s what works for a rear engine layout.  They have great balance and weight distribution. 

An electric motor is always going to deliver the power instantly but batteries still aren’t where good old guzzoline is for storing energy. The Porsche will run the same 9 second quarter all day and only needs to stop for refueling and it’s back at it. 

Hybrid is the best of both which is why that’s the top level of motorsport’s power plant of choice. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Nothing wrong with a horizontally opposed engine, it’s all about packaging. In aviation use they are the standard and it’s what works for a rear engine layout.  They have great balance and weight distribution. 

Look, I'm in my 21st year of turbocharged boxer engine ownership. I already know all the advantages. But inline and V's are more efficient; all else being equal, they get more power.

And you can't compare what works in aviation to what works on the ground; they are different applications that value different things. You'll never see batteries work in planes; they're too heavy, and weight is a critical consideration. By the same metric, hydrogen fuel cells become much more practical in aviation than they are in cars.

Edited by Rimbo

So, Elon said some things in today's presser about the first truck deliveries:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/11/the-tesla-cybertruck-finally-goes-on-sale-starting-at-60990/

Musk claimed the Cybertruck is better than any other truck but also more of a sports car than any other sports car, made of a "special Tesla designed steel alloy" that he claimed will never rust and which cannot be stamped but which can also be produced in volume.

Mindful of the window-breaking debacle during the truck's debut in 2019, Tesla designer Franz von Holzhausen came on stage to throw baseballs at its windows. Unlike last time (when presenters used metal balls), the allegedly bulletproof glass did not shatter. Musk implied that in a crash with another vehicle, the Cybertruck—which weighs 6,603–6,843 lbs (2,995–3,104 kg)—will destroy the other vehicle.

The Tesla CEO also reiterated that the truck's body panels are bulletproof, citing "late civilization vibes," although the wheels and tires are very much not bulletproof but quite necessary if the truck is required to move from place to place.

"If you can fit any cargo in the trunk or the bed, you can basically move it around," Musk said, citing a payload capacity of a ton, the ability to tow 11,000 lbs, and the fact that 8 x 4 sheets of plywood will fit in the bed, although the bed actually measures 6 feet by 4 feet.

Musk's presentation made it sound like Tesla has developed a lot of new technology for the Cybertruck, which will come as a surprise to the OEMs that have already delivered vehicles with four-corner air suspension, 48 V ancillary systems, and torque-vectoring drive units. But other currently hot automotive features like active antiroll bars and rear wheel steering were not mentioned.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Has anybody mentioned there was a Digital God moment last night. As in,

"You can ask Digital God." Elon Musk, 11/29/2023

image.thumb.png.51267147ee417ceace982b24d65eaa83.png

Are you there, Digital God? It's me, Elon.

Huh. Digital God? Didn't see that on the old bingo card.

Seems to me Elon ought to grab his laptop and do like some of you guys do and watch some pron so he can finally experience Digital Rapture.

That's likely the only thing that's going to save him at this point and something he and his fanbois have in common.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, Elon said some things in today's presser about the first truck deliveries:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/11/the-tesla-cybertruck-finally-goes-on-sale-starting-at-60990/

It is extremely funny that in the test video they are using different guns but they all fire handgun cartridges.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Negged on principle. SNS

Explain how this is different than the other half a dozen Elon looks like a lesbian bartender posts? It looks like Elon with slightly baggier cheeks. And nobody should ever defend Roseanne ffs ( for fucks sake), also I don't know what SNS means in this context.

• Like 1

My cousin and his wife used to work at Bell helicopter in Fort Worth before she got poached by Hyundai to work on their levitating car and he works for Virgin Galactic as a structural design engineer in California for their astronauts and flights. Neither will touch Tesla or SpaceX. Elon has so permanently fucked up his rep they don’t want to touch it. These are the people Texas should bend over backwards to keep here in our state but they’d rather have em fuck off

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

if season 2 of The Walking Dead was airing now they’d totally end up in a cyber truck, logic be damned.

Someone’s going to roll out a really killer electric minivan and it’s going to be the thing that Tesla should have actually made.

Who the fuck wants to drive a minivan?  Those aren't cool at all.  Only loser surburban dads and soccer moms drive those.  My fans would never stoop to the level of driving a van.

-Elon, probably

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

57 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Someone’s going to roll out a really killer electric minivan and it’s going to be the thing that Tesla should have actually made.

Nice little electric delivery vans have a built-in market for larger cities either for hauling kids/stuff for parents, or for deliveries.  It's not rocket science (well it is for Elon because he's not an engineer or whatever).

An electric Sprinter/Transit/ProMaster type van should be a priority for automakers if they were smart.

Every Amazon van, plumber, cable TV, etc type van should transition to electric as soon as possible.

Whoever can produce a viable all electric school bus first would also rake it in. I'm sure large school districts would love to cut their diesel fuel and maintenance costs for their fleets of busses.

Keep a few diesel busses around for long distance sports trips, but most school busses don't need a huge range for their daily routes.

11 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

An electric Sprinter/Transit/ProMaster type van should be a priority for automakers if they were smart.

Every Amazon van, plumber, cable TV, etc type van should transition to electric as soon as possible.

Whoever can produce a viable all electric school bus first would also rake it in. I'm sure large school districts would love to cut their diesel fuel and maintenance costs for their fleets of busses.

Keep a few diesel busses around for long distance sports trips, but most school busses don't need a huge range for their daily routes.

image.thumb.jpeg.0f1747164488d8e4446207c86f7bb227.jpeg

We see these on the road now. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

They are already a thing:

https://www.icbus.com/electric?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiApaarBhB7EiwAYiMwqlkPchpQnf2eD63chyvrFEpuTKHHq1Z6fKuaRVhDFQcI1GUbyVp_DRoCA5UQAvD_BwE

https://www.blue-bird.com/buses/electric-school-buses

https://thomasbuiltbuses.com/electric-school-buses/electric-bus/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a43795823/electric-school-buses-latest-details/

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It is extremely funny that in the test video they are using different guns but they all fire handgun cartridges.

i can't WAIT to see these idiots who think it's bulletproof test it and end up with a bigass hole in their drivers door.

if anyone sees that before please make sure you share it here...

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

That fully electric delivery truck partnership with Amazon is a huge cash infusion for Rivian, and will let them work out gremlins for the consumer models

Was. The Exclusivity Deal with Amazon for these vans just ended. You can now buy one if you want, but they are still prioritizing fleet deals so probably a few years before average consumers/one-off buyers like local plumbers/van life aficionados can actually get one. 

the drag race against a 911 is so weird. who is buying one of these things to go drag race in the first place?

underdeliver, jack up the price and hope nobody remembers: the TSLA story

zoqjsg2jfk3c1.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

didn't they blame inflation on the cost going up?

...but every other EV in their lineup's price has gone down since the Cybertruck was initially announced?

---

de3i12sw8m3c1.png

got to love the spare tire placement taking a ton of room out of out of your cargo space.

rtfj6cr12n3c1.png

he probably thinks this is a good thing:

ppsjf4bmal3c1.png

---

i keep seeing people say they would have been better off selling a small truck on the Model Y platform.

yeah, probably.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Cybertruck:

• Marketed as an armageddon truck
  • Can't do armageddon things
  • Can't do truck things
  • Is not a truck
  • Is not attractive to traditional truck buyers
  • Looks like a minivan
  • Can't really do minivan things

Cybervan:

• Marketed to women as the ultimate vuitton bag to throw down in the carpool line
    • wait till you see the look on jessica's fat fucking face
  • Marketed to men as the first minivan that is basically a laser pistol
    • if robocop drove his family around on the weekends, this would be the car
    • with this new technology rest assured that your wife can finally park the car
    • she'll never forget to tell you it needs an oil change for 6 months again
  • Looks like a minivan from Star Trek
  • Does all of the minivan things exceptionally well
  • Name needs to be workshopping, it is not for sex crimes
    • .... yet?
Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

33 minutes ago, NoName said:

i keep seeing people say they would have been better off selling a small truck on the Model Y platform.

yeah, probably.

That would have been brilliant, and would have kept costs down while releasing a vehicle on a mature platform. Instead, they release a sketchy-looking truck with a bed that measures 6 feet by 4 feet.

And holy fucking shit, they aren't kidding about the spare tire - if you drop $1,250 to get a spare tire, it sits in the fucking truck bed.

https://shop.tesla.com/product/cybertruck-spare-tire-_-tool-kit

And this is what you look like if you buy the optional spare tire and need to change a tire, and yes the $1,250 for the optional spare tire also gets you a pair of gloves.

1998888-00-A_3_2000.png

I also didn't know that Tesla doesn't ship any models with a spare tire.  Fuck that.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Do you think drive-bys are done with hunting rifles?

I think it’s all stupid as fuck and that if someone is wanting to kill me they will shoot at the window or at the very least their spray and pray won’t be precisely targeted at a door panel.

I think it’s especially stupid as fuck, and designed for drooling fanboys who care about “late-civilizational vibes” than function. I think that it should insult your intelligence to fire a Glock 9mm at the door and then follow up with an HK that shoots the EXACT same 9mm Luger cartridge, just more rapidly, as if they’re showing us something different.

• Hook 'Em 2

the whole idea of a late civilizational truck that relies on a fucking powergrid is so goddamn stupid

I made the "walking dead" comment because I remember my wife calling me an asshole when I wouldn't shut the fuck up about the annoying hyundai product placement in season 2 or 3 or whatever it was. I think it was a turbo hyundai truck thing (and there was a clip where one of the characters recalled a prank on their high school principal's beloved hyundai - the idea of a hyundai that was beloved in the 1980s is ridiculous) which is not the... absolute stupidest zombie car (that would be a cybertruck) but it is definitely not that 4 wheel crew cab f150 that would for sure be the correct choice for zombie utility and ease of repair.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, NoName said:

oh my god i forgot about the fact that we are getting ready to see a ton of deaths in cybertruck-related accidents.

the design of the front vs a pedestrian or motorcycle is going to (sadly) kill a ton of people in any accident.

Accident? I guarantee you some incel has plans that are fully intentional.

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Geez, I missed this gem from the free speech absolutionist. 

"Fuck Bob Iger. I can't be bribed with money."

later...

"The New York Times only had to pay me a thousand dollars a month and their content wouldn't have been throttled on twitter."

• Like 1