Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

New theory: Elmo is a cyborg created by other billionaires to make themselves look a lot less shitty.

Jeff Bezos isn't sitting around whining to lunatics about his critics.  He's hanging out on fancy yachts, banging his girlfriend, etc.

5 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

"assassination coordinates"

He really is becoming a quasi-Howard Hughes or somesuch:

One thing Jeff Bezos isn't doing:  Sitting around being paranoid as fuck.

Elmo is clearly going off the fucking deep end.

I gotta admit, I really didn't see this angle coming - I figured he would just continue to let really shitty people on, drive more advertisers away, etc.  I did not see him becoming this paranoid this fast.

• Hook 'Em 2

Not only is he fuckin up twitter, but he's also fucking up the net worth of his TSLA investors. This blowup is fucking spectacular. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see TSLA under $100 within 6 months. I mean, its still probably 80% overvalued, but I didn't think it would ever come back to earth because of the elmo mystique.....so much for that. 

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Not only is he fuckin up twitter, but he's also fucking up the net worth of his TSLA investors. This blowup is fucking spectacular. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see TSLA under $100 within 6 months. I mean, its still probably 80% overvalued, but I didn't think it would ever come back to earth because of the elmo mystique.....so much for that. 

Let's be honest though, TSLA was wildly overinflated in value and the majority of it's valuation was speculative. Elon may be knocking down his house of cards, but it still was just a house of cards

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Let's be honest though, TSLA was wildly overinflated in value and the majority of it's valuation was speculative. Elon may be knocking down his house of cards, but it still was just a house of cards

I dont disagree the valuation was insane, but for years nobody seemed to care. 

- Since the beginning of Q1 2020 (BC - before covid) and 4/14/22 (date he announced his bid for TWTR), SPY was up 32% while TSLA was up just over 1000%, and just 7% off its all time high. 

- Since 4/14/22, SPY is down 8% and TSLA is down ~52%.

The idea that this narcissistic douchebag  buys Twitter for $44 billion and simultaneously destroys $500 million in TSLA market cap is f'n hilarious to me. TSLA may have come down some, but no way it loses 50% without this public display of dipshittery. Oh well....

Gritty-dance GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

The comedy show and the assassination coordinates thing is making me come around to the idea that he is actually breaking down in some meaningful way. 

Does he have a family? I know he has kids littered about but he made a comment at some point about the safety of his family (because of the same as always publicly available information about his jet whereabouts) that made me wonder about that. Does he have any people he talks to who don’t see him as an incel superhero?

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I dont disagree the valuation was insane, but for years nobody seemed to care. 

Tesla always had the EV credits to sell to other car makers who were producing few, if any, EVs, and it was basically free money for Tesla.

Now all of the major car makers have strong/big EV lineups in the pipeline (or already hitting the dealerships) and they don't need to buy as many, if any, of those credits from Tesla.

40 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Does he have a family? I know he has kids littered about but he made a comment at some point about the safety of his family (because of the same as always publicly available information about his jet whereabouts) that made me wonder about that. Does he have any people he talks to who don’t see him as an incel superhero?

Ryan Newman No GIF by Alexander IRL

If he had people to talk to who didn't worship him, he wouldn't have spent $44 billion to read Grimes's DMs.

The fact that he is constantly soliciting advice from, or agreeing with, incels about policy matters or whatever on twitter also point to him not having anybody who tells him "yeah, let's rethink that."

I feel kind of guilty about enjoying his breakdown.  Paranoia like that is a serious mental health issue.  Then again, he's been told how not to fuck up Twitter, and he's decided to ignore the advice.

• Hook 'Em 1

So basically when Elon wants to ban an account, he will create a rule and then suspend them.

his anger is with the US govt allowing real time tracking of planes. I can understand the potential of that system being used by a crazy person tracking a private plane but then again it could be used by a crazy person who targets someone on a United flight from LAX to Chicago. Banning accounts isn’t going to make him any safer as that info is still out there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

no, no you are wrong. he said that TWTR will bring value to TSLA shareholders! he meant it, we promise!!!!!!!!!!!

just like he said he wasn't going to sell any more then sold a few billion dollars of stock a few more times.

Well good luck getting ADS-B banned.  It’s essentially a requirement for safe, modern traffic control and conflict resolution.  It’s broadcast continually by most aircraft and a network of receivers are patched together to put on a website.  It’s not rocket surgery.  

Those birds do a lot of repositioning flights and many are chartered out to help with fixed costs, so he may not be onboard.   However we’ve seen wackos try to kidnap a governor so anything is possible.  

Personally I’d be more afraid of stalkers than kidnap/murder.  But I’m not a billionaire with a very public persona yet skin thinner than an overripe peach.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

Those birds do a lot of repositioning flights and many are chartered out to help with fixed costs, so he may not be onboard.   However we’ve seen wackos try to kidnap a governor so anything is possible.  

It certainly would seem that Elmo has been courting the "let's overthrow the government" demographic and would be in their good graces, but also let's put a big fat grain of salt on lyin' elon's claims. He's been lying pretty constantly on twitter. There's no police report or record of anything happening to him

4 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Personally I’d be more afraid of stalkers than kidnap/murder.  But I’m not a billionaire with a very public persona yet skin thinner than an overripe peach.  

I get that, but again, let's not take this billionaire at his word. He certainly didn't get his fortune by being honest

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Well good luck getting ADS-B banned.  It’s essentially a requirement for safe, modern traffic control and conflict resolution.  It’s broadcast continually by most aircraft and a network of receivers are patched together to put on a website.  It’s not rocket surgery.  

It’s most likely a fair concern if you’re a public figure. And honesty it’s not about the tracking of your current location. It’s the real tracking of your future location. “Look, Elon won’t be at the nearby airport for 90 minutes, I have time to grab breakfast before I head out to stalk him.”

regardless hiding that info from Twitter does very little to combat that threat.

6 minutes ago, Homercles said:

if the man cared at all about OpSec he would be chartering flights vs having his private plane tied to an LLC that has it's address as Space X.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I am amazed at how this genius tech guy gets clowned over and over by the average person.  Hire some security.  Take two planes.  Fly commercial.  Drive.  Take a train.  Charter a bus.  It is not like this bitch ass doesn't have options  

It's harder to play the fascist grievance politics game when you're not painting yourself as a victim. Keep in mind: there's no proof besides the words of a liar that he was even threatened. 

And now we're all running with his narrative and excusing his crackdown on journalists because there's a chance a billionaire with a sea of options doesn't like the consequences of increased public awareness to his choices. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

giphy.gif
Lighting $44B on fire. Fuckin crazy. No twitter will ultimately be a bet positive for society though

Twitter becoming a scat site is a catastrophe. While Hoopleheads definitely roam as consumers and disseminators of bs, it has featured all of the best journalism, meshed influential opinions, brought people together, and is used heavily to organize activists.

It is loathed by authoritarians and large corporations because it democratizes communications and exposes hypocrisy. Its influence ranges from Wall Street stock trending to reporting Mopac traffic patterns. Its loss will not be easy to overcome and its downfall seems inevitable.

That it is an American company that will fail is another dick punch.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It certainly would seem that Elmo has been courting the "let's overthrow the government" demographic and would be in their good graces, but also let's put a big fat grain of salt on lyin' elon's claims. He's been lying pretty constantly on twitter. There's no police report or record of anything happening to him

I get that, but again, let's not take this billionaire at his word. He certainly didn't get his fortune by being honest

When he so blatantly lied on Twitter about his dead kid during the Alex Jones discussion, that should have tipped more people off.  He didn’t need to lie about his dead kid at all to justify keeping Alex Jones off Twitter.  He didn’t even need to bring up his dead kid when pushed why he wouldn’t let Jones back on,

All Musk had to say was “Alex Jones and his associates used social media to deliberately bring additional grief as well as threats to parents whose kids were murdered, and the courts have ruled this to be the case, and he has shown no remorse and no desire to change, and I see no reason to provide future opportunities for he and his followers to harm others with Twitter.”

He could have even tossed in “as a parent of a child who passed away,  the situation is very clear to me”.

But no, Musk didn’t feel his fanbois would accept that so he had to make it completely about himself by lying and claiming his kid died in his arms.

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's harder to play the fascist grievance politics game when you're not painting yourself as a victim. Keep in mind: there's no proof besides the words of a liar that he was even threatened. 

And now we're all running with his narrative and excusing his crackdown on journalists because there's a chance a billionaire with a sea of options doesn't like the consequences of increased public awareness to his choices. 

I would find it unlikely that Elon and many other wealthy people don't receive threats.  Did someone show up at an airport to harass his family? I have no idea but it seems to be in the realm of possibility. However people randomly get accosted all the time on the roads.

I'm sure that anyone of note with a private plane dislikes the tracking aspect. But I also don't get too worked up about the problems of a decamillionaire or higher. Besides us peasants can be tracked on commercial flights as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm sure that anyone of note with a private plane dislikes the tracking aspect. But I also don't get too worked up about the problems of a decamillionaire or higher. Besides us peasants can be tracked on commercial flights as well. 

He has options to avoid being tracked.  He could use any number of aircraft that are owned or chartered by his companies.  He could use a nondescript RV/bus with a driver like many celebrities do (and they are damned nice, and hey, he can use Starlink).

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?