Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Give it a few days. They will transition seamlessly from "free speech" to "See! This is what it feels like to have your speech silenced. Serves you right!"

They already have.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/liberal-networks-previously-unbothered-twitter-censorship-cry-foul-musk-suspending-journalists

Major media networks such as CNN and MSNBC aired segments and published headlines sounding the alarm about censorship on Twitter after several liberal journalists were suspended this week.

Twitter’s new owner Elon Musk, who has described himself as being a free-speech absolutist, was met with backlash across the political dial over the suspensions. 

But it was liberal media organizations, who have previously downplayed or outright ignored censorship on the platform under previous leadership, that provided the most scathing rebuke of Musk’s move to temporarily remove a select number of reporters from the platform. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think that to Elon doxxing means anything that rustles his jimmies.

The…. what was it, HBO a documentary? And “Feels Good Man” that followed the journey of Pepe the Frog were interesting looks at the evolution of the internet as a kinda separate and alternate reality to where we are now, where it is absolutely not separate and it has caused reality to become irrelevant. The idea of doxxing was borne out of that first iteration of the internet, where mixing the worlds was a violation. It’s still a thing, people like us here discussing this have a reasonable expectation that others won’t and shouldn’t dig up our personal information and bring internet fights into the real world. But…. flight information or a journalist doing fairly run of the mill reporting is not doxxing. Just because you are on the internet doesn’t mean that you are protected from the world.

• Hook 'Em 1

First I've ever heard of nostr or tribel

Jack Dorsey donated roughly 14 BTC, worth about $245,000, to further fund development of Nostr (short for Notes and Other Stuff Transmitted by Relays).
After it was reported that Jack Dorsey will donate $1 million annually to encrypted messaging app Signal, Koty Auditore took to Twitter to urge Dorsey to fund Nostr, following a blog post where Dorsey published his views on the need for a native internet protocol for social media.
Dorsey replied to the tweet two hours later, saying he was “figuring out how to do that.” Roughly 24 hours after that, he deployed funds to developer fiatjaf.
Nostr is an open protocol that aims to create a censorship-resistant global social network. The protocol doesn’t rely on a trusted central server; instead, all users run a client. Using this client, users publish content by writing a post, signing it with their private key and sending it to other servers which then relay that content along. The relays are simple: Their only job is to accept posts and forward them along to relay participants.

Interesting that Elron and Dorsey are crossing streams again. Also wow 14 BTC is worth only $250k? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Haven't been keeping up with it lately...there was a time in the very recent past when 4 or 5 btc would be worth 250k or more. 
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Wow. That is TREMENDOUSLY dumb. Even I didn't expect that to happen holy moly

1 hour ago, G650 said:

It's just so amazing how literally everything he does is absurdly poorly thought out. Like it has to be intentional, you couldn't even herp derp your way to this level of incompetence.

It’s fun watching him meltdown but fucking A, it’s going to take a useful platform down.

Amd he continues to surprise me at how fucking stupid he is.

He whines like a child about cancel culture but is trying to cancel a shitload of people and links to other services.

So who is going to buy Twitter when he offers it for $5 billion?

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

And you may ask yourself, "Why should I allow links to other sites?"
And you may ask yourself, "Where does that link go to?"
And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

image.thumb.png.6b4618556bfe2544b13c6cb1b2611c83.png

He should have kept that to himself for a little while longer instead of trying to do the job of Twitter's legal department for them for free... 

50 minutes ago, Chopper said:

And you may ask yourself, "Why should I allow links to other sites?"
And you may ask yourself, "Where does that link go to?"
And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"

image.thumb.png.6b4618556bfe2544b13c6cb1b2611c83.png

Penalty can be a fine of up to 20% of Twitter's revenue.

Elon: 20% of zero is....zero.....

big-brain-point-finger-at-forehead.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

so my only exposure to Twitter is basically embedded tweets in surly, never had one myself... but i'm curious how the rest of the world is reacting to Elon making everything about US grievances and slapfights?

i mean wasn't Twitter absolutely vital to the Arab Spring movement, not to mention how much it's being used to keep the world updated on what's happening in Ukraine, and the protests in Iran...

he's gotten so petty and down in the weeds and made it all about him and US political bullshit... i'm just imagining the rest of the world is like this and wishing he would just STFU

200 (3).gif

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?