Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Disagree. The point is that the very same actions that his fanbois are gleefully masturbating over, they would slam if a woman took them.

I don't disagree with that.  On a micro level, certain people would feel very differently if it were a woman.  And that goes both ways, incidentally--while some Musk fanbois would definitely be slamming a woman, some women would be just as fervently defending her.  I think you saw that dynamic with Elizabeth Holmes initially, until she completely overplayed her hand and it was revealed that she was, in fact, a criminal.

Regardless--I was speaking on a macro level.  I think on a macro level, a woman would receive pretty similar feedback that Musk is receiving.  Both would have their fans, but they would be significantly outweighed by their detractors.

I will concede, however, that if it were a woman, you'd hear a lot of gendered language from the detractors.

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That is actually an excellent point.  Anyone with a lick of sense and even a tenuous understanding of reality knows damn well that if a woman pulled 10% of the wackadoo shit that Elmo has pulled since acquiring Twitter, she'd be condemned as an irrational hormonal bitch, that's a woman for you etc.

I mean, when you realize how deeply woven misogyny is into the sort of cult that is the cult of Elmo, that sort of take is a given.

Fanbois, what say you?  So quiet these days.....

Everything weak men say about women is just projection. How many women get angry and carry out mass shootings because some guy doesn't like them?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Nah, that's not personality disorder stuff, it's just high-functioning autistic shit.  Personality disorders would burn the place down whereas I think Elon actually has some degree of self-awareness.

He really is a visionary with concepts, it's the execution that's so horrendously awful.

Anyone is capable of reading or watching sci fi and going "hey wouldn't it be cool if ____ were real?" That's all he does. It's not wunderkind visionary shit.  He's just had the money to actually try some of it out.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Anyone is capable of reading or watching sci fi and going "hey wouldn't it be cool if ____ were real?" That's all he does. It's not wunderkind visionary shit.  He's just had the money to actually try some of it out.

This has been my position on this clown for years. It isn't visionary to say "hey it would be cool to go into outer space".

39 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Everything weak men say about women is just projection. How many women get angry and carry out mass shootings because some guy doesn't like them?

Women are more focused.  They just shoot the one guy who pissed them off.

That's why I keep all our guns in a safe, and have not shared the location of the key with my wife.  Because - and I'm sure this comes as a surprise to you - I occasionally really piss of my wife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Tesla has fallen over 50% in the last year and its STILL more valuable than Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, and Mercedes combined together. Very out of touch with reality even now imo.

I seriously don't understand "valuations" in this context. I've seen maybe a dozen Teslas on the road this past year. Where is the money coming from to fly cock rockets to space and spend $44B on a toy to be head shitposter?

9 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Tesla has fallen over 50% in the last year and its STILL more valuable than Toyota, Honda, GM, Ford, and Mercedes combined together. Very out of touch with reality even now imo.

Just now, 'stache said:

I seriously don't understand "valuations" in this context. I've seen maybe a dozen Teslas on the road this past year. Where is the money coming from to fly cock rockets to space and spend $44B on a toy to be head shitposter?

Once the automakers stop buying a lot of carbon credits from Tesla because they are producing large numbers of their own EVs, that'll be the end of them.

And I am seeing a shitload more EV commercials on YouTube, etc., and it's not because of my viewing habits - I'm not watching EV videos or anything.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Once the automakers stop buying a lot of carbon credits from Tesla because they are producing large numbers of their own EVs, that'll be the end of them.

And I am seeing a shitload more EV commercials on YouTube, etc., and it's not because of my viewing habits - I'm not watching EV videos or anything.

My favorite podcasts the last several weeks have been bombarded with Cadillac EV commercials.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Outside of help from the US government with Space X / Tesla the thought was Teslas auto driving, charging network, and energy storage business was decades ahead of their competitors. Tesla is not just a car company they are taking over every industry! Along with Elon being the greatest visionary the world has seen in forever and FOMO by investors.

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Speaking of projection...

The incident occurred the evening of Dec. 13, when authorities in the Los Angeles suburb of South Pasadena responded to a report of an assault with a deadly weapon involving a vehicle. The alleged victim told officers that another driver confronted him, accusing him of following their car on the freeway, according to a statement Tuesday from the South Pasadena Police Department.
As the other driver was leaving, he struck the alleged victim with his vehicle, according to the statement, which said the incident was captured on video by both parties. The person who said they were struck, described only as a 29-year-old male from Connecticut, didn’t identify the suspect or indicate whether the altercation “was anything more than coincidental.”

Text:

Spoiler
Police are investigating an incident in which a person believed to be a member of Elon Musk’s security team allegedly hit a man with his vehicle, the latest information about a confrontation that the billionaire has said represented a threat to his family’s safety.
The incident occurred the evening of Dec. 13, when authorities in the Los Angeles suburb of South Pasadena responded to a report of an assault with a deadly weapon involving a vehicle. The alleged victim told officers that another driver confronted him, accusing him of following their car on the freeway, according to a statement Tuesday from the South Pasadena Police Department.
As the other driver was leaving, he struck the alleged victim with his vehicle, according to the statement, which said the incident was captured on video by both parties. The person who said they were struck, described only as a 29-year-old male from Connecticut, didn’t identify the suspect or indicate whether the altercation “was anything more than coincidental.”

Police learned two days later that the suspect was believed to be a member of Musk’s security team. The Tesla Inc. chief executive officer was not present during the incident, authorities said. Detectives are attempting to reach Musk and his security team to take statements.
Musk last week tweeted about an incident around the same time, saying a “crazy stalker” blocked a car belonging to him and climbed onto the hood. The billionaire, who now owns Twitter Inc., linked the situation to a Twitter account that tracks the location of his private jet, saying in the same post that he was taking legal action against its operator. The account was suspended, though there’s no apparent link between it and the incident in South Pasadena.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Really? I'd say half the cars on the road in LA are Teslas (obviously that's an exaggeration, but they're everywhere.)

Elon is searching for a CEO?

I'll do it.  Dead serious.  Toss me in the mix, I'll give you 18 hour days, 7 days a week, for the next year.  My compensation?  $100 million.  Pay me $20 million up front, and the other 80% in escrow, to be paid to me at the end of one year so long as I do not voluntarily leave Twitter in that period.  Oh, and to renew me for another year, identical terms, with a 20% escalator ($120 million for my services for year 2).

Only a fool would work for Elmo and not get the cash up front.  And Elmo, you want a savvy CEO, not a fool, right?

• Hook 'Em 2

woah

https://www.thedailybeast.com/south-pasadena-cops-cast-doubt-on-elon-musks-claim-of-stalker-following-his-son?source=articles&via=rss

Cops Give Conflicting Info on Musk’s Claim That ‘Crazy Stalker’ Followed His Son

In a press release on Tuesday, the South Pasadena Police Department outlined a different set of facts, declaring at first that “detectives do not believe Mr. Musk or any member of his family were present during the confrontation,” which Deputy City Manager Domenica Megerdichian confirmed in a phone call with The Daily Beast. Soon after, the department released an updated press release, which simply stated that Musk wasn’t present during the incident. In a subsequent call with The Daily Beast, Megerdichian said investigators are still trying to confirm additional details.

Spoiler

Cops Give Conflicting Info on Musk’s Claim That ‘Crazy Stalker’ Followed His Son

DISCREPANCIES

Musk claimed last week that a “crazy stalker” followed a car carrying his son before blocking the vehicle and climbing onto the hood.

Updated Dec. 20, 2022 1:16PM ET Published Dec. 20, 2022 12:07PM ET 
exclusive
GettyImages-1395062611_qkbnkg

Theo Wargo

Law enforcement in South Pasadena, California, offered conflicting information on Tuesday about Elon Musk’s claim that a “crazy stalker” followed a car carrying his son last week. The billionaire claimed the person had “blocked [the] car from moving & climbed onto [the] hood,” and he used the alleged incident as justification for banning a Twitter account that tracked his private jet. Musk further claimed he would take legal action against the 20-year-old college student who operated it.

In a press release on Tuesday, the South Pasadena Police Department outlined a different set of facts, declaring at first that “detectives do not believe Mr. Musk or any member of his family were present during the confrontation,” which Deputy City Manager Domenica Megerdichian confirmed in a phone call with The Daily Beast. Soon after, the department released an updated press release, which simply stated that Musk wasn’t present during the incident. In a subsequent call with The Daily Beast, Megerdichian said investigators are still trying to confirm additional details.

According to the press release, on Dec. 13 an officer arrived at the scene on Mission Street following a reported “assault with a deadly weapon involving a vehicle.”

Upon arrival, the “victim”—a 29-year-old man from Connecticut—explained that he had exited the highway and “stopped to use his telephone in a parking lot” when “another vehicle pulled directly in front of him, blocking his path.”

At that point, the victim alleged, “the driver of the vehicle exited and approached the victim, accusing him of following him on the freeway...As the suspect was leaving the parking lot, he struck the victim with his vehicle.”

The press release said that authorities later learned that the alleged “suspect involved in this case is believed to be a member of Elon Musk’s security team.”

Officials said they are continuing to examine evidence related to the incident and are seeking to reach “Musk and his security team for statements.”

The Washington Post previously identified the other party in the altercation as Brandon Collado, an UberEats driver who had an “interest” in the mother of two of Musk’s children, the musician Grimes. Collado told the Post he was in the musician’s neighborhood driving for UberEats when Musk’s security guard confronted him at the gas station “without reason.” He also told the outlet that Grimes was sending him coded messages through Instagram, that Musk was tracking his location, and that the billionaire was blocking him from receiving UberEats orders.

Los Angeles police detective Marc Madero told the Post that Musk’s team contacted the police following the gas station incident to investigate whether Collado was the same person suspected of stalking Grimes previously. He said they had not made a determination.

Musk seized on the “crazy stalker” narrative as he moved to ban a long-time source of frustration, the @ElonJet account—even though the alleged encounter did not appear to take place near an airport, and there was no other apparent link to the jet tracker.

The billionaire doubled down after the initial @ElonJet ban, booting the college student’s personal account, too. He then suspended multiple prominent journalists who had linked to information about the tracker. Twitter also suspended the account belonging to Linette Lopez, an Insider columnist who has spent years critically covering his businesses. As of Tuesday afternoon, her account was still offline.

image.thumb.png.fbc35888bb8cf72164a180cb28c33ddb.png

image.thumb.png.19dca6482b339c3f74dceb282ad5b8f5.png

Spoiler

Elon Musk may think Lucid Motors could be on the verge of death as a company, but its latest tri-motor version of its Air sedan sure says otherwise from a speed standpoint. In a recent video you can view below, the team at Hagerty put the Lucid Air Sapphire up against the Tesla Model S Plaid and Bugatti Chiron in a drag race. As if that wasn’t enough, Sapphire took on a Ducati motorcycle head to head as well.

After months of rumors about Lucid Motors developing a tri-motor version of its Air sedan, the American EV automaker officially debuted it during Monterey Car Week this past summer, kicking off a new Sapphire performance brand that should continue with its second EV model, the Gravity SUV.

The Lucid Air Sapphire delivers 1,200 horsepower – nearly 200 hp more than the Tesla Model S Plaid for comparison, empowering its makers to hail the new tri-motor EV as “the most powerful sedan in the world.” Here are some additional specs.

• 0-60 mph in under 2 seconds (from a standstill)
  • 0-100 mph in under 4 seconds
  • Quarter mile in under 9 seconds
  • Top speed over 200 mph

Lucid has promised us our own spin with the Air Sapphire in 2023, but the team at Hagerty appears to already have gotten its hands on a prototype that is identical to the version that will go into production. Naturally, they put the Lucid Air Sapphire head to head with the Tesla Model S Plaid (who wouldn’t), but took it a step further by adding two additional ponies to the race.

Here’s how it went.

While the Lucid Air Sapphire didn’t quite hit the sub-9 second quarter mile as advertised above, it came damn close and on regular asphalt nonetheless. Regardless, it was more than enough speed to dominate both the Tesla Model S Plaid and the Bugatti Chiron.

While the Lucid Air Sapphire and Bugatti Chiron Pur Sport both reached top speeds of of 156 mph, the former still beat out the latter and the Tesla Model S Plaid by 0.2 seconds. Plaid only reached 152 mph top speed, but still held its own against the Bugatti. Still, none could match the Air Sapphire.

The closest competitor was the Ducati Panigale V4 SP2, which actually reached a top speed higher than the Air Sapphire (157 mph), but was still no match for the tri-motor EV’s acceleration. It, too, joined the Model S Plaid and Chiron with a quarter mile time of 9.3 seconds.

Yes, the Lucid Air Sapphire has proven its speediness over the Tesla Model S Plaid, but it still has one foe to race before it can truly be named the fastest on the planet – the Rimac Nevera. That could prove a bit more difficult to win, but perhaps we can get both on the track in 2023 and decide once and for all. In the meantime, you can watch the Lucid Air Sapphire tear down the track in the video below.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

the tesla bloodbath continues. it's so beautiful.

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

He’s lost $100B in net worth this year on Tesla stock alone. 

2 hours ago, G650 said:

Glorious.

I can imagine this is how Elon felt after his "TO THE MOON" tweet, watching hedge fund managers get short squeezed by the retail trader GameStop run.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Really? I'd say half the cars on the road in LA are Teslas (obviously that's an exaggeration, but they're everywhere.)

same in Denver, so much so that i asked about it, seemed like every fourth or fifth car was a Tesla or some other EV... apparently there was a substantial rebate program by the city a few years ago, big enough that it got a pretty significant number of residents to buy. 

image.thumb.png.f44bde4f3518f485c472cc5d6f3df84a.png

10 minutes ago, mchookem said:

same in Denver, so much so that i asked about it, seemed like every fourth or fifth car was a Tesla or some other EV... apparently there was a substantial rebate program by the city a few years ago, big enough that it got a pretty significant number of residents to buy. 

I'd guess they're relatively popular anywhere solar panels are. Plenty of 'em here in Fort Collins, too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, mchookem said:

You piqued my interest. I wonder if this is what that person was referencing?

$2,500 state credit for EVs for a total of $10k in incentives when including the federal tax credit. (State credit goes down to $2k beginning Jan. 1. 

It was probably pretty easy to mistake an EV credit in general for a Tesla credit until recently because the competition wasn't great. 

https://evco.colorado.gov

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Tesla has a succession plan in place now (at least per BOD members back in Nov) but have not named that person. Probably because it would tank the shit out of their stock.

Why would Catturd2 being selected as CEO of Tesla tank the stock?

And holy shit that tweet above by Bradley Moss.   Musk is just getting clowned left and right every time he thinks he has a gotcha on somebody.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, NoName said:

woah

https://www.thedailybeast.com/south-pasadena-cops-cast-doubt-on-elon-musks-claim-of-stalker-following-his-son?source=articles&via=rss

He lied on Twitter about how his first son died, so why wouldn’t he lie on Twitter about another son being stalked?

• Hook 'Em 4

Tesla was a California success story until recently.  The rift really came at the start of covid and until then there was an undeniable “it” factor to the company.  It’s irreparably damaged by its association with Elmo.  He will be pushed out eventually due to his poor judgment and the other economic headwinds such as the CAFE credits.

I just hope he doesn’t buttfuck the Austin economic environment in the process.  A lot of ripples caused by his moves in central Texas.

• Hook 'Em 4

There's a really interesting dynamic I've noticed as I've signed up for Post.  It's been really easy for me to rebuild my #lawtwitter set of follows.  But a lot of my other follows on things like sports haven't yet moved over.

I just think that it's real interesting that lawyers seem to be such a disproportionate group.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

There's a really interesting dynamic I've noticed as I've signed up for Post.  It's been really easy for me to rebuild my #lawtwitter set of follows.  But a lot of my other follows on things like sports haven't yet moved over.

I just think that it's real interesting that lawyers seem to be such a disproportionate group.

Ultimately I think we probably see some fragmentation of that ecosystem that was solely on Twitter for the near term

• Like 3

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?