Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

15 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Wake me up when he tries to violently overthrow the government 

Don't rule that out.

Seriously.  Not because he cares, or is politically passionate, but because such an act -- life-sacrificing violence against the entire State -- is the kind of extreme act of cultish devotion that makes a malignant sociopathic narcissist like Elmo cream in his jeans.  "They love me so much they will march into the Capitol and murder the VP for ME!  NOBODY ELSE is loved like that!  I am the most adored person EVER, they'll DIE for me!"

Narcissist cult leaders need their cult to do more and more extreme things to feed the needy beast inside.  It's kind of like people who go deeper and deeper down the hole of sexual perversion.  At some point, normal kink isn't enough.  Then extreme kink isn't enough.  Then NowThis.  Then illegal, insane kink isn't enough.   There is no end to it, there is no bottom.  

If you think that these sociopathic pure narcissists would not happily sacrifice all human life for one orgiastic moment of the purest devotion/adoration of themselves, you aren't paying attention.  Narcissists with power are an existential threat.  It's just a question of how far that threat spreads, and how long it lasts.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/21/2022 at 10:22 AM, NoName said:

The Elon thinks they will be breakeven next year blows my mind, literally.

He doesn't believe that. He knows the numbers. He's made a career out of promises that have no chance of reality. Its all about getting people to believe, regardless of the chances that it will actually happen. 

https://www.torquenews.com/1075/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-predicting-tesla-motors-profitability-2013

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-autonomous-factbox/elon-musk-on-teslas-self-driving-capabilities-idUSKCN1RY0QY

He's been a carnival barker for years, and judging by the price of TSLA over that time, he was a hugely successful carnival barker. It made him the richest person on the planet. But once the bloom comes off the rose, its hard to get back. There is that famous market anecdote “In the short run, the market is a voting machine. In the long run, it is a weighing machine.” Sooner or later, TSLA's stock price will come back to the pack in relation to the other auto manufacturers, you're starting to see it now. And with his Twitter  dipshittery  accelerating that process, he's probably gonna lose a lot more money before this is said and done. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

This is actually a pretty good idea. Maybe his first since taking over. 

showing that yet again he doesn't understand that tweets != video.

view count is only going to lead to people posting more outrageous stuff to try and get reactions/RTs.

that said, really interested to see what kind of numbers Three Year Letterman gets moving forward.

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

this is just so oddly satisfying to watch.

Hopefully it was really important to you to divide our society further, Elmo.

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 10.03.10 AM.png

for him and quite a few folks who have mysteriously disappeared from this thread, pwning some folks is worth any price

Edited by Captainant

25 minutes ago, G650 said:

There are some pretty high horsepower folks invested in Tesla, I can't see them sitting by for but so much longer.

What is that board like? Why the hell aren't they on him? I assume he has some setup where he is in full control no matter what?

Not that this helped today, because frankly Tesla is overpriced, but for the lulz:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/twitter-post-claiming-tesla-recalling-152732135.html

A post by a fake Elon Musk account about a major Tesla recall has once again led to questions about the health of Twitter.

A viral post that looked as if it belonged to the real billionaire announced that all Tesla cars would be taken off the road because of a warning they were dangerous.

“Tesla has just been informed by the [National Highway Traffic Safety Administration] that our cars pose an ‘imminent threat’ to all drivers and are demanding an immediate recall of all vehicles w[ith] auto pilot,” it read. “We are going to fight this to the end, but I’m being forced to announce the immediate recall of our entire fleet.”

The tweet received thousands of retweets and interactions, including from many users who appeared to have been initially misled by it.

The post looked as if it had been shared by Mr Musk’s real account, and had the blue tick that indicates a person’s identity has been verified. But it was actually shared by Ethan Klein, the YouTuber, who has an old verified checkmark from before Mr Musk took over Twitter.

Mr Klein was already banned by Twitter in November, when he was one of a number of users who impersonated Mr Musk in protest against his ownership of the site and new rules about verification and parody. That suspension was lifted on Wednesday, and only hours later Mr Klein once again posted an impersonation of Elon Musk.

This time around, Twitter locked the account until Mr Klein deleted the content that broke Twitter’s rules, such as the profile image and name. Mr Klein shared an image of those rules alongside a mocking comment about Mr Musk’s espoused commitment to free speech.

The only explicit indications that the tweet was fake were in the name of the account – which included the word “parody” – and a Community Note that was appended on the end of it.

However, neither of those were visible until a user clicked into the tweet. Mr Klein had included the words “CEO Tesla Motors” after the name Elon Musk, which meant that the words “parody” were cut off by character limits, and those community notes are not visible until a tweet is viewed on its own.

Ever since Mr Musk took over Twitter, a range of celebrities have looked to undermine his management of the company by impersonating Mr Musk and posting other tweets. Questions have also been asked about verification, after Mr Musk allowed any user to buy a blue checkmark and make their account appear official, which was quickly exploited by a range of users to send posts impersonating other notable figures and companies.

• Haha 7

Is the "auto-driving" feature on a Tesla any different than the driver assist features on other high end vehicles?  My wife's ICE SUV will keep you in a lane, adjust speed, start and stop, and generally control the vehicle without you having to touch anything.  Is this what all the fuss has been about with Tesla?  And if so, is it just a case of them having put it into vehicles first, even though just about every vehicle that sells for over $70k or so now has that same feature?  If so, how does Tesla maintain any semblance of a "future-looking" brand?

Is the "auto-driving" feature on a Tesla any different than the driver assist features on other high end vehicles?  My wife's ICE SUV will keep you in a lane, adjust speed, start and stop, and generally control the vehicle without you having to touch anything.  Is this what all the fuss has been about with Tesla?  And if so, is it just a case of them having put it into vehicles first, even though just about every vehicle that sells for over $70k or so now has that same feature?  If so, how does Tesla maintain any semblance of a "future-looking" brand?

When you’re on the highway, it’ll completely steer for you. It was disabled on non highways. It’s been several years since I drove a friends Model 3 but it worked really well. I can’t remember if it changed lanes on its own also.

You could also summon the car when in a parking lot and it would come pick you up curbside. It worked as expected, kinda half ass since the car limped along at .5 MPH and took forever to back out of a parking spot.

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

On the one hand, he's publicly declaring there is a bot problem on twitter and that his poll couldn't be trusted. 

On the other hand, he's claiming that this poll, also by him, also on his platform, should mean something.

Well rocketboi, the public also spoke and said they wanted @SnoopDogg running this shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/elon-musk-says-he-will-not-sell-more-tesla-stock-another-two-years-2022-12-22/#:~:text=Dec 22 (Reuters) - Tesla,ticket items will be lower.

Translation, Elon is definitely going to be selling a shitload of stock soon.

Edited by Grade of D as in David
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Musk had a Twitter space today for Tesla investors.  It did not go well.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1606058459568279552.html

Spoiler
Elon Musk just told Tesla investors that his personal Twitter account is "critical" to $TSLA stock price 🤔📉 

He's now complaining that Tesla is a much harder business to operate than Twitter (which he claims to be going like "a plane without controls with its engines on fire crashing into the ground" after he assumed leadership) 

He says Tesla is going to be 10x harder for him to run than Twitter… not sure that's going to help investor sentiment — given his disaster @ Twitter 

He keeps flip flopping, trying to simultaneously claim he's not at Tesla because of the mess that he got Twitter into — while claiming Twitter is an easier problem to solve.

"I've been surprised by (the Fed's) rate increases"

He says Tesla's current collapse is due to the Fed — says his Twitter antics are an insignificant concern to their target customers. 

A lifetime Musk super-fan is currently confronting Elon for his remarks about transgender children – confronting him for his horrific attack on lgbtq+ people $tsla. Tells him she sold her model 3.

Elon is not happy. 

Elon tells the investor he will not stop attacking people like her transgender daughter. 

Elon is back-peddling, says he doesn't necessarily hate transgenders. Says he will not censor his own views on them. 

The host is currently trying to get "change the topic of the conversion" — started getting very messy, with several people trying to talk over each other. Elon is now trying to move on from the topic of if he hates trans people 

Twitter CEO said "it is very easy to buy Twitter bots… it's very cheap" — weird to admit, when you're basing all your major life decisions on Twitter polls? 

Twitter CEO claims there's "a warehouse somewhere with 10,000 phones" — and that there are workers "with 100 phones" who are "trolling" his polls 

Tesla CEO: "stormy waters are ahead" 

Elon just admited he's had to "intervene" and take over the Autopilot system on his own Tesla on a number of occasions. 

That… does not seem safe. 

Elon's closing comment was that progress in the past has been slower than the progress in the future. 

…um, OK? 
Well, it's been nice knowing y'all.

Screenshot this entire thread, so if I get axed — you'll know why. Streisand effect, baby 🤙 

If I do get booted, you can reach me on my Insta re: media enquiries, etc (DMs open) – would be awfully interesting for the Free Speech Karen to suppress negative news from the public… about a company he has a vested, fiduciary duty to shareholders

…wait, posting that IS allowed right? I know he censored links to competitors at some point… is that still in effect? 

Elon's people apparently have now removed me from Twitter search results. This may be my last tweet. #FreeSpeech 

things are… not going well after that investor call he did over Spaces tonight 
crit·i·cal
3. (of a situation or problem) having the potential to become disastrous; at a point of crisis.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Holy shit the Hindenburg is looking on in horror at the sheer scope of this disaster.

Well you see, it's the Fed's fault that more companies are rolling out EVs, that going forward the major automakers will be buying less CAFE credits from Tesla, that some feel Tesla should not be worth a ridiculous amount more than the major automakers given that Tesla sold less than 5% of cars this past quarter, that Elon had to sell shares to prop up Twitter.  And his moves at Twitter have probably cost them a substantial chunk of revenue going forward, meaning...he'll have to sell more shares of Tesla. It's just not fair, it's the Fed's fault!

And holy fuck that Space conversation, Musk claiming his twitter account was important, the same account that pushes bullshit conspiracy theories, that lied about his dead kid, and if the cops are right, lied about his live kid being stalked.

There are some grad students somewhere documenting all of this for whatever papers/books they publish, because it's hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Well you see, it's the Fed's fault that more companies are rolling out EVs, that going forward the major automakers will be buying less CAFE credits from Tesla, that some feel Tesla should not be worth a ridiculous amount more than the major automakers given that Tesla sold less than 5% of cars this past quarter, that Elon had to sell shares to prop up Twitter.  And his moves at Twitter have probably cost them a substantial chunk of revenue going forward, meaning...he'll have to sell more shares of Tesla. It's just not fair, it's the Fed's fault!

And holy fuck that Space conversation, Musk claiming his twitter account was important, the same account that pushes bullshit conspiracy theories, that lied about his dead kid, and if the cops are right, lied about his live kid being stalked.

There are some grad students somewhere documenting all of this for whatever papers/books they publish, because it's hilarious.

Fewer

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

Point and laugh at the monkey everyone. From a bit before closing bell. Past 6 months. TSLA in blue, Ford & GM in yellow & orange. 

Fkm4NSNXwAA_oQD?format=jpg&name=medium

Here's hoping that by NYE it's below 100 just for the lulz. All the way to the moon 50, baby! 

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Is this guy Raisini just a troll? I'd love to believe he knows something. 

Would be hilarious if he's right because the conspiracy nuts would lose their minds, but I don't think the FBI is going to arrest Elmo. I think it's more a civil than criminal matter - I will not be surprised if the FSD stuff is shut down by the NTSB, and that could easily send Tesla down another 20% or more.

49 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Would be hilarious if he's right because the conspiracy nuts would lose their minds, but I don't think the FBI is going to arrest Elmo. I think it's more a civil than criminal matter - I will not be surprised if the FSD stuff is shut down by the NTSB, and that could easily send Tesla down another 20% or more.

They're still overvalued by at least a factor of 10.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?