Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

What's the worst thing that could happen:

Nothing at all - I'm sure the Tesla engineers told him it was a good idea.

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

Are they migrating to a different cloud or entirely onto their own infrastructure?

No, it's a distributed computing thing - they are going to host it on a decentralized network made up of the computers in Tesla cars.

• Haha 1

Meanwhile, Brisket and I would be fighting over Sela Ward, and with that kind of money, we could probably buy some armored vehicles to up the stakes.  Bamachick's line would start and end with Harry Styles.

Throw in Pedro Pascal, Timothy Olyphant, Jonathan Bailey and Kit Harrington and I could die a happy woman.
  • Like 2

I never understood the dating math gatekeeping thing and the flak people like Leo DiCaprio gets. You are old and want to date a 20-something because you value aesthetic and cosmetic beauty? Why do we judge that? It's on him to put up with the immaturity and personality and relationship games to the extent they exist, which is likely. It's a form of reverse age-ism, as long as everyone are consensual adults.

Uhhhhh

He was friends with his last girlfriend’s parents and had known her since she was a child and started dating her once she became legal and dumped her once she hit 25.

Over the last three decades he’s dated multiple women who were between 18-20 and has broken up with ALL of them before they turned 25.

It’s a gross perverse predatory pathology. It’s not ageism - it’s gross.
  • Hook 'Em 8

6 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Divorcing your wife and mother of your children, paying the biggest settlement in history, only to then start dating a 53 year old who has multiple kids with multiple exes is a really weak sauce midlife crisis for the (former) richest man in the world.  I award Bezos’s midlife crisis no points, and may God have mercy on his soul.

Oh shit, and apparently they’re engaged now, too.  Dude.  Congrats to Tony Gonzalez’s kid on the pending increase in his inheritance, I guess.

I’ve met her a couple times IRL. She’s a well camouflaged pro. Bezos strikes me as a guy that never had the early life experiences to suss that out.

Mercy on his soul indeed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So, much like continuing to try to make X.com happen, I assume we’re about to get another stuck in 1999 moment from Elon as he argues Napster was right all along and you should totally have the right to steal music.   Because freedom of speech. 

1) I know you’re joking.
2) that is absolutely what is going to happen.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

No, it's a distributed computing thing - they are going to host it on a decentralized network made up of the computers in Tesla cars.

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Glass Throw Up GIF by Silicon Valley

In thinking about it, I bet somebody has told him that 60% of the computing power in Teslas goes unused.  Just sitting there doing nothing.

7 hours ago, pacman said:

Sulla's proscriptions were and are the prime example of dictatorial authority and mob rule. He kept his power safe by posting his enemies names in the street, and mobs would go murder them or drag them in to have all their property taken and be exiled. 

So weird how elmo keeps aligning himself with authoritarians and has zero idea of the history of what he's talking about.

Elmos management style certainly is similar to Sulla's though, just without the murder

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So weird how elmo keeps aligning himself with authoritarians and has zero idea of the history of what he's talking about.

Elmos management style certainly is similar to Sulla's though, just without the murder

Sulla would have had Musk murdered so he could seize his assets.  

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

In thinking about it, I bet somebody has told him that 60% of the computing power in Teslas goes unused.  Just sitting there doing nothing.

And you know without a doubt that if this is the case Tesla owners cars processing power will be used without their knowledge.  What's the worst thing that could happen, right?  Having the onboard CPU freeze at 100% handling Twitter analytics instead of processing self driving duties won't harm anyone, right?

15 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And you know without a doubt that if this is the case Tesla owners cars processing power will be used without their knowledge.  What's the worst thing that could happen, right?  Having the onboard CPU freeze at 100% handling Twitter analytics instead of processing self driving duties won't harm anyone, right?

[laughs in right to repair]

It's a pretty bleak future when you don't even own all the fucking compute power that you had to take a payment plan on to buy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yeah, I only worked in the industry for 12 years.  Whatever man.  You do you.

There are plenty of studies available that support the idea of piracy actually being a net positive for artists because it's one of the major things that drives engagement and reach, especially amongst young people who are the demographic most likely to engage in piracy, simply due to lack of funds. In all fairness, there are plenty that espouse the other side, that the negatives outweigh the positives, so it's kind of up to personal interpretation.

HBO executives have come out and publicly stated that some level of piracy demonstrably helps drive consumer interest. Netflix execs were on board as well until very recently when the greed set in and they started cracking down on password sharing.

There is also plenty of evidence to support the idea that piracy acts as a competitive check on media markets, which is inherently a good thing. 

Obviously, there is also a balance in play because, of course, if everyone is pirating everything then no one gets paid as they should.

To be clear, I don't pirate music. I don't really buy albums anymore, but I have paid for Spotify for years and use it pretty much exclusively to consume music. I gleefully pirate all TV shows and movies I watch and I would encourage anyone with the know how to do the same, considering how anti-consumer the streaming media industry is.

• Hook 'Em 5

23 hours ago, Celery Man said:

actually i started dating my wife when I was.... 30 and she was 24 (I had to do the .5x+7 math to make sure I felt alright about it) and just shit like having to continue to purchase the same non-stick pan as she learns all of the different ways to ruin nonstick pans that I figured out by the time I was in my mid-twenites, god fucking dammit. There's so much shit like that where you have to go back around the stupid carousel on stuff you learn through experience as a young adult.

Exact same timeline for me. I met my now ex-wife on my 30th birthday, and she was 24. She started cheating on me when I was 50, so do with that info what you will. 

• Rage+1 1

Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live

I haven't checked his twitter, but I'm sure he has a rant up already up or will.

https://www.denverpost.com/2023/06/14/boulder-twitter-eviction-unpaid-rent/

A Boulder landlord succeeded in obtaining an order to evict Twitter over unpaid rent, according to recent court documents.

A judge for Boulder County’s district court permitted law enforcement to evict the tenant on May 31, directing the tech giant to evacuate its suites at 3401 Bluff St. in Boulder and return them to the owner and landlord, Lot 2 SBO LLC.  On May 12, Lot 2 SBO — a Delaware limited liability company related to Chicago’s The John Buck Company — filed a complaint against Twitter, alleging unpaid rent.

Twitter and the landlord signed a lease for four building suites in February 2020, but the corporation failed to pay its rent, according to court documents. The landlord issued a default notice to Twitter, which went ignored. Through the end of March, Lot 2 SBO instead used a letter of credit deposited by Twitter for $968,000 to pay the rent, “which serves as security for Tenant’s performance under the Lease.”

Twitter was then required to replenish the letter of credit back to its original amount, which the landlord requested on April 4, the complaint details. On April 28, the landlord asked Twitter to either fulfill that demand or return the property to Lot 2 SBO.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Justifying abhorrent behavior by claiming *it’s actually good* for the victims is surprisingly on topic for this thread.

Yea that was bad. He gleefully steals from artists. Weird flex and boast.

In other news:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2023/jun/13/spacex-starlink-hire-child-college-graduate?

Kairan Quazi is years away from being able to watch an R-rated movie at the theater by himself or buy a drink at the bar, but he’s about to get a college degree and start a job at SpaceX.

Other than that, the 14-year-old insists he’s had a fairly normal academic journey.

Virginia fifth-grader’s textbook correction gets hat tip from publisher

Quazi’s story has gone viral after California media outlets reported on his preparing to graduate from Santa Clara University on 17 June.

The Bay Area native will not only become the youngest graduate in the school’s 172-year history, but is also about to join a short list of people who have graduated from college in their childhoods.

Edited by HonkeyVape
  • Fuck You 1

Exact same timeline for me. I met my now ex-wife on my 30th birthday, and she was 24. She started cheating on me when I was 50, so do with that info what you will. 

When you were 50….that you know of.

What, too soon? I mean…I really, really dislike her and put nothing beneath her. Well, nothing except, you know, other dudes she’s riding. Bitch.
  • Rage+1 3

8 hours ago, Pancho said:

Christ, every third tweet on the home feed is a promoted ad. I’ve probably hit the “not interested in this ad” about 150 times the last few days. It’s never been this bad.

And it's the dumbest, low rent products.  Like shit you can get on Amazon for $8.99, but they sell direct for $19.99.

9 hours ago, Pancho said:

Christ, every third tweet on the home feed is a promoted ad. I’ve probably hit the “not interested in this ad” about 150 times the last few days. It’s never been this bad.

I've started flat blocking the companies that are promoted. Most of them are garbage anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?