Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

8 hours ago, mdmost said:

sounds about right w/r/t a response

Musk is unphased. He Tweeted in reply to reports of Meta’s plans “zuck my tongue” – seemingly a reference to a controversial incident in which the Dalai Lama told a child to “suck my tongue”.

Linda Yaccarino, Twitter’s newly appointed chief executive who has been brought in to soothe advertiser concerns, defiantly responded: “Game on!”

it says all you need to know about how much he has screwed up the platform that i would rather use the Zuckerberg/Meta tool than Twitter.

Edited by NoName

Gee, can you imagine such a thing?  An unpublicized mode for an auto to operate on public roads?  

https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/20/23767041/tesla-hacker-elon-mode-hands-free-full-self-driving-autopilot

Tesla CEO Elon Musk might have his very own supersecret driver mode that enables hands-free driving in Tesla vehicles.

The hidden feature, aptly named “Elon Mode,” was discovered by a Tesla software hacker known online as @greentheonly. The anonymous hacker has dug deep into the vehicle code for years and uncovered things like how Tesla can lock you out of using your power seats or the center camera in the Model 3 before it was officially activated.

After finding and enabling Elon Mode, greentheonly ventured out to test the system and posted some rough footage of the endeavor. They did not share the literal “Elon Mode” setting on the screen but maintain that it’s real.

The hacker found that the car didn’t require any attention from them while using Tesla’s Full Self-Driving (FSD) software. FSD is Tesla’s vision-based advanced driver-assist system that’s in beta but is currently available to anyone who paid as much as $15,000 for the option. The software was the subject of an internally leaked report last month that indicated FSD has had thousands of customer complaintsof sudden braking and abrupt acceleration.

Tesla’s Autopilot system, the automaker’s first-generation driver-assist system for highways, requires you to nudge the steering wheel to confirm you’re being attentive during use. Owners often complain about the frequency of the system’s checks, leading some to call it “nagging.” FSD users are also subject to the frequent nudging, and at times, it seems to require enough force that could inadvertently shut off the system.

Spoiler

In addition to the existing hands-on-steering confirmation, vehicles that have a center interior camera (above the rearview mirror) will observe drivers to make sure they’re looking forward — but that’s also pretty finicky. For instance, I’ve found that I’m unable to wear a baseball cap without the system constantly nagging me to “please pay attention to the road,” seemingly unable to tell that my eyes are looking forward. It even disabled at some point and said I would lose my FSD privileges if I did it four more times.

But for greentheonly’s near 600-mile test on Elon Mode, they found no such nagging. The test was conducted in what the hacker claims was a company-owned vehicle, based on their comment that they “could not get a non-Tesla car” to try in Elon Mode. In the video, it seems greentheonly is driving an early Model X, which notably, could be old enough to not have an interior camera at all. It’s not clear if this model has the camera or how greentheonly got access to the car.

Among the notes greentheonly provides in the Twitter thread, the hacker states that the system still seems to change lanes randomly and ends up driving slow on the highway. Whether this version of FSD will be available to regular owners is unknown. In December, Musk hintedthat nag-free driving is coming.

Greentheonly adds that Tesla’s software is more secure than ever compared to 2017, when the hacker first started inspecting it. Despite their ability to consistently get around Tesla’s security, greentheonly tweets that the level of care Tesla puts in its software is rare to see compared to other cars they’ve touched, and it’s a “nice puzzle that keeps getting better.”

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2023 at 7:20 PM, Spottieottiedopaliscious said:

Absolutely. 

Would you like other guys pointing out Hotez deficiencies?

It was actually more about Hotez but whatever? Why stick around? All the constructive back and forth? My posts are limited. 

What’s up mullet

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Was reading more about the charger situation with EVs, now that Ford, GM and Rivian have all made announcements of their agreement to adopt the Tesla standard, and I have to admit it's a pretty savvy move to hedge against the future in which Tesla will not be the market leader or as high-margin profitable.

While looking altruistic and green (e.g. we just want EV's to succeed, so use our superior charger a la open sourcing the EV technology in years past) he gets these large legacy automobiles to standardize on the Tesla network. Right now the Tesla network is right now a positive differentiator but in logically looking out to the future, only having access to Tesla’s network will be a negative lock-in. By making the Tesla charger the North American standard, Musk is paving the way for a nice “gas station” business controlling a big chunk of superchargers that, by virtue of being first, are in prime locations.

5 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Elon thinks economic data is fake because vibes. Also, becoming apparent that tech/telecom workers seem to think everyone works in tech/telecom and therefore everyone's seeing massive layoffs.

FzJ52zvXgAI-dRX?format=jpg&name=900x900

Guessing Tesla gonna report a shitty Q2.

“But this really FEELS true” is a good summary of our current zeitgeist.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Elon thinks economic data is fake because vibes. Also, becoming apparent that tech/telecom workers seem to think everyone works in tech/telecom and therefore everyone's seeing massive layoffs.

"I've laid off thousands from Titter (tee hee) and it's worth a fraction of what I shelled out for it. Not even a dent."

This needs to happen:

https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/21/23769263/mark-zuckerberg-elon-musk-fight-cage-match-worldstar

Here we go.

After Elon Musk recently tweeted that he would be “up for a cage fight” with Zuckerberg, the Meta CEO shot back by posting a screenshot of Musk’s tweet with the caption “send me location.”

I’ve confirmed that Zuckerberg’s post on his Instagram account is, in fact, not a joke, which means the ball is now in Musk’s court. “The story speaks for itself,” Meta spokesperson Iska Saric told me.

The backstory here: since I recently reported more details about Meta’s forthcoming Twitter competitor, Musk has been taunting Zuckerberg on Twitter with zingers like “Zuck my 👅.” During an internal all-hands meeting at Meta last week, chief product officer Chris Cox told employees the company thinks creators want a version of Twitter that is “sanely run,” drawing cheers. “I’ve always thought that Twitter should have a billion people using it,” Zuckerberg said during a recent podcast interview with Lex Fridman. 

In terms of tech billionaire CEOs literally fighting, Musk versus Zuckerberg would be as good as it gets. Musk, 51, has the upper hand on Zuckerberg in terms of sheer physical size, and he has talked aboutbeing in “real hard-core street fights” when he was growing up in South Africa. Meanwhile, Zuckerberg, 39, is an aspirational MMA fighter who is already winning Jiu-Jitsu tournaments. He also claims to have recently completed the grueling “Murph Challenge” workout in just under 40 minutes.

Regardless of who would win, I think we can all agree that a Musk-versus-Zuckerberg match would be one of the most entertaining fights of all time. It needs to happen. Don’t back down now, Musk.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Clintonaldo said:

Didn't Elon brag about getting in bloody street fights in SA?

The slave master foreman of his dad's emerald mine would order low performing slaves workers to let lil' Elon kick their ass when he got home from Saint Aryan Preparatory School.  Other duties as assigned.

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, F250 said:

Zuckerberg has been training for about a year. I'm pretty sure he would take out Elon.

mark-zuckerberg-zuckerberg.gif

There are few things funnier to me than one of the world's richest men, with all of his resources, still not being able to shake being shocked in a locker as a kid and being picked on and choosing now to train in MMA.

One of those things would be Zuck kicking the ever loving shit out of Elon Musk.

It's just kind of sad. We really need to normalize mental health issues in this country so people can talk about it.

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There are few things funnier to me than one of the world's richest men, with all of his resources, still not being able to shake being shocked in a locker as a kid and being picked on and choosing now to train in MMA.

One of those things would be Zuck kicking the ever loving shit out of Elon Musk.

It's just kind of sad. We really need to normalize mental health issues in this country so people can talk about it.

for what it's worth i think he started doing BJJ specifically then jumped into more MMA style training.

either way a guy with a couple of years of BJJ training at a legit gym (Dave Camarillo/Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu) under his belt should smoke the guy whose physical activity consists of dancing by himself at raves.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NoName said:

for what it's worth i think he started doing BJJ specifically then jumped into more MMA style training.

either way a guy with a couple of years of BJJ training at a legit gym (Dave Camarillo/Guerrilla Jiu-Jitsu) under his belt should smoke the guy who is both much older than he is and whose physical activity consists of dancing by himself at raves.

Guys, I think we found a species as rare as the mythical yeti, and in the wild no less: The Zucker-Stan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

It would be awesome if they fight and some primal instinct takes over with the winner beating the loser to death. I honestly don’t care which one gets killed but I need this. 

At a bare minimum  they should adopt the #TeabagChallenge

Tea Bagging GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, NoName said:

naw, fuck that guy...i just read an article about him getting choked out at that BJJ tournament he was in

but when it's zuck vs elon it's an easy choice.

Yeah, my money is on Zuck in a death match. Doesn't mean I like the guy.

It's kinda like when aggy plays ou. I am just watching for the schadenfreude. I don't care who wins, it's the losers tears that I am seeking.

Edited by F250
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 6/21/2023 at 8:50 PM, Storm the Field said:

fuck him but he's right. something is fucky. the promised recession will always come yeah. But not now. Corporations are making really weird personnel decisions right now, probably because wash rinse repeat no longer works

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?