Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is the same shit my dumbshit Qanon sis-in-law posts, she just didn't spend $44 billion on a platform to post it.  This is exactly how you make advertisers think you are a stable genius and twitter is worth dumping a lot of money into.

What an efficient little echo chamber he bought himself. He can get on there and post stupid shit like this and people will eat it up. He gets the obvious ego stroking that he craves as a narcissist. 

Zuckerberg is a piece of shit but I'll be the first person to dump Twitter for his new version as soon as the new platform is ready. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

It seems like elon spent $44 billion to lash out at like 6 specific people by whom he feels jilted.

And you know…if he would just admit that, I’d respect him more. I mean, if I had eleventy billion dollars, I absolutely might burn $44 million of it just to tell a few select people to fuck off in epic fashion, because I could. And I’d say “you’re goddamn right that’s what I did! Made me fucking happy!”
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Zuckerberg is a piece of shit but I'll be the first person to dump Twitter for his new version as soon as the new platform is ready. 

Yep. I'm going to stick with substack, but I already had some Facebook pages going on, so it'll be easy to tap into those.  Lots of options for avoiding twitter.

Even though Musk is now an incel, in the past he tried to pass himself off as quite the playboy out doing all kinds of weird stuff and hanging out with all kinds of different people.

But here in the 2020s, the fucking Facebook robot is the one who knows how to read the room.

20 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

He didn’t have to buy the platform for that.  I’m thinking he probably came to this realization some time after his manic frenzy died down when he desperately tried to back out of the deal.  Oops.

It's certainly weird, and if he had gotten twitter for say $15-20 billion, it would have been a great way to jumpstart  his X.com foolishness.  Instead, he spent more than twice as much, and has driven a shitload of people and advertisers away.

Sure, he bought a user base of tens of millions of people and hundreds of millions of bots, but he crippled the revenue stream he could have leaned on to help get X.com off the ground (many of the major advertisers could have been tapped for providing services, products, etc., through his "X.com" crap, but now would be wary of it).

20 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Facebook cloning Twitter will (a) wreck Twitter and (b) be very on brand for Facebook.  Zuckerberg really needed another opportunity like this in between his disastrous attempts to come up with new ideas instead of just monopolizing existing social media.  He should send Elon a nice fruit basket.

Yeah, Zuckerberg is not going to get an opportunity like this again.

Sure, twitter is only the 15th largest social media platform, but this also probably won't get the attention of regulators, since they are utilizing some open platform stuff that anybody can use, as well tapping into IG/FB user bases.

5 minutes ago, Chooky said:

It seems like elon spent $44 billion to lash out at like 6 specific people by whom he feels jilted.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And you know…if he would just admit that, I’d respect him more. I mean, if I had eleventy billion dollars, I absolutely might burn $44 million of it just to tell a few select people to fuck off in epic fashion, because I could. And I’d say “you’re goddamn right that’s what I did! Made me fucking happy!”

Except he has done nothing that was epic in nature, other than show the world that he's just a middle-aged divorced dad who apparently can't get laid, and  tries to go to raves for some kind of weird validation

Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos...

4ba.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Except he has done nothing that was epic in nature, other than show the world that he's just a middle-aged divorced dad who apparently can't get laid, and  tries to go to raves for some kind of weird validation

Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos...

4ba.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

I actually saw a guy in a TESLA t-shirt this past week. He was a younger guy in his twenties or thirties. I don't know what his rationale or motivation was for wearing out TESLA gear. Like, does he like the 90's retro sci-fi type of font, or does he like electric cars or Elon Musk personally, like a fan from before twitter saturation? Maybe he is all in with the politics of free speech the way it gets promoted by Elon and his favorite accounts? I just don't know. I had previously seen dudes in Kanye 2020 gear or even saw a guy in a whole outfit dedicated to the GAB Social Network.

22 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

I actually saw a guy in a TESLA t-shirt this past week. He was a younger guy in his twenties or thirties. I don't know what his rationale or motivation was for wearing out TESLA gear. Like, does he like the 90's retro sci-fi type of font, or does he like electric cars or Elon Musk personally, like a fan from before twitter saturation? Maybe he is all in with the politics of free speech the way it gets promoted by Elon and his favorite accounts? I just don't know. I had previously seen dudes in Kanye 2020 gear or even saw a guy in a whole outfit dedicated to the GAB Social Network.

friends-porsche.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That kind of shit is literally why one has an anonymous sock account.  It's really fucking weird that he would rather promote this kind of shit under his real name.

Remember he literally has this whwre he cosplays as his 3 year old son

https://futurism.com/the-byte/elon-musk-burner-twitter-account

3 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

TSLA and Space X both pull in lots of people who are true believers in the goals of those companies. TSLA especially a few years ago.

WSJ: Can Twitter’s Odd Couple Make It Work? Elon Musk and His New CEO Are About to Find Out

https://www.wsj.com/articles/twitter-ceo-linda-yaccarino-elon-musk-odd-couple-f72fdd98?st=8jvm75rka9u0kuv

Yaccarino has agreed that Musk will keep speaking his mind on Twitter, he said last month at the Journal’s CEO Council Summit.

But the two had not ironed out much more before diving headlong into business with each other. She hadn’t signed an employment contract when Musk tweeted last month that he had hired somebody for the role and, while they’ve discussed budget and headcount, they have not come to any formal agreement on numbers, people familiar with the matter said. The idea is that they will work out the specifics now that Yaccarino has started as CEO. 

he hired an ad exec to be the CEO who has ~30 years of corporate experience.

Elon is *SO* professional

When Musk announced last month via a tweet that an unnamed woman would become CEO of Twitter,  Yaccarino was in rehearsals for NBCUniversal’s annual presentation to advertisers at Radio City Music Hall. She had not notified her employer that she was planning to leave, according to people familiar with the matter. Hours later,  the Journal reported Yaccarino was the hire. She offered to stay on long enough to help with the event and with ad-deal negotiations, but NBCUniversal declined, the people said. 

interesting read: i will be utterly shocked if she is there in 12 months. hell if she is still there in 6 months it would be mildly shocking.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

But the two had not ironed out much more before diving headlong into business with each other. She hadn’t signed an employment contract when Musk tweeted last month that he had hired somebody for the role and, while they’ve discussed budget and headcount, they have not come to any formal agreement on numbers, people familiar with the matter said. The idea is that they will work out the specifics now that Yaccarino has started as CEO. 

Now that's how a well run executive search should be done!

What a fucking moron.

• Haha 4

From that article, some absolute hack journalism:

“I’ve had an aversion to advertising because there’s…just too much trickery,” Musk said at a Tesla shareholder meeting in 2019. “They’ll have a bad product and then put it in a nice environment with good-looking people and then, like, trick you into buying it.” 

Musk has long harbored a disdain for the hard sell, preferring that products sell themselves. It’s a philosophy that dates back to his early days as an entrepreneur in Silicon Valley, when he was running the startup now known as PayPal and he witnessed how word-of-mouth recommendations ignited interest in the digital-payments platform.

“Product matters incredibly because, if you’re going to recommend something to somebody, you’ve got to really love the product experience,” he said in 2003 at a Stanford University event. “Otherwise, you’re not going to recommend it because you don’t want to burn your friend.” 

Musk is a known liar who constantly makes fraudulent claims when promoting Tesla. And they present him as too honest for the necessarily manipulative tactics of advertising. It's fucking absurd.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 6/5/2023 at 4:53 PM, NoName said:

Shocking that once again you are talking completely out of your ass yet again.

Fidelity, who led the most recent fundraising round for reddit 2 years ago cut the estimated worth of their investment by 41 percent last week. Reddit is trying to public. As part of that they are pulling the same move with their API as twitter in an effort to do the same thing as twitter which is require everyone to use their truly sub par first party app instead of the large number of excellent third party apps out there. 

This allows them to serve ads to those people using third party apps and squeeze slightly more blood from the stone of their current userbase.

This comes because their API pricing is so hilariously expensive it kills off third party users. For example it would cost the largest iOS reddit app (Apollo) about $20 million in API requests yearly. Reddit is charging $12k for 50m API pulls. For the same number of pulls from Imgur, Apollo pays $166. 

The difference is that unlike twitter, reddit is a link aggregator who pays zero dollars for any submissions and in what is truly the largest scam going on the internet also pays zero dollars for moderation of its 830,000+ posts per day.

Many power users and moderators use third party apps, frankly because the reddit first party app is garbage for both moderation and daily use.

People are understandably pissed and reddit isn't going to change anything, but it's a horrible decision that is going to run off a lot of "power" users and old accounts. But they didn't care, they just want to make as much money as they can by going public some 17 years after being founded.

Stop talking out of your ass like you know what's going on with a situation when you very, very clearly don't. Or did you ask Chat GPT to write that post above?

This got linked in the reddit DT thread and you nailed it. Reddit doesn't produce any meaningful original content and is entirely dependent on the users. It's Digg by another name. When Digg v4 was introduced, we all dropped them like a bad habit. We'll do it again.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/10/2023 at 3:28 PM, Chooky said:

And this age of hyper-connectivity virtually ensures someone like Elon has a skewed perception of the world and their place in it.  Just because there are a bunch of assholes that give your borderline fascist/racist/homophobic/transphobic tweets a heart doesn't mean you are brilliant and leading a societal reformation for the better.  It just means you're connected to a lot of other assholes.  Likewise, businesses rejecting your reimagined social media platform isn't evidence of a woke mob cancelling your great ideas.  It's evidence that you are an asshole with shitty ideas that drive people away.  You aren't Jesus.  You are Fucktard Jesus.  There's a big difference between those, and I hope their obliviousness to it proves to be a fatal flaw for people like Elon who are trying to roll back the human, civil and gender rights gains made over the last 75 years.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 6/10/2023 at 4:36 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos...

4ba.jpg

While I agree with the general sentiment of your post, I really have to point out that Bezos is having a pretty lame ass midlife crisis.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, F250 said:

He is a 59 year old man dating a 53 year old woman. That isn't a midlife crisis, that's just dating.

It's actually kind of impressive/shocking that he's dating somebody in their 50s, given his wealth.  A lot of guys  would have went the Leonardo DiCaprio route.

Or put their energy into a social media platform.

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I mean this would be the line outside my bedroom if it was me.

Meanwhile, Brisket and I would be fighting over Sela Ward, and with that kind of money, we could probably buy some armored vehicles to up the stakes.  Bamachick's line would start and end with Harry Styles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's actually kind of impressive/shocking that he's dating somebody in their 50s, given his wealth.  A lot of guys  would have went the Leonardo DiCaprio route.

Or put their energy into a social media platform.

I would be dating a 26 year old and a 27 year old simultaneously instead of a 53 year old.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I'm not that old yet and the idea of dating a 22 year old sounds stupid and exhausting to me.

Yeah, once I got in my 40s, if I were single again, I don't have time to explain a lot of stuff that would go right over the head of a lot of 20-somethings nor try to find common interests outside of the bedroom. 

On the plus side, there are plenty of 40-something and 50-something year-old guys who have dumped their 30-something, 40-something, etc. wives to chase the 20-somethings.

32 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

lulz at him insisting that subscribing = verifying

I'd like to think he knows the difference and is just repeating a marketing line, but given his lack of knowledge on the 1st Amendment, free speech, etc., I'm not so sure.

actually i started dating my wife when I was.... 30 and she was 24 (I had to do the .5x+7 math to make sure I felt alright about it) and just shit like having to continue to purchase the same non-stick pan as she learns all of the different ways to ruin nonstick pans that I figured out by the time I was in my mid-twenites, god fucking dammit. There's so much shit like that where you have to go back around the stupid carousel on stuff you learn through experience as a young adult.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I never understood the dating math gatekeeping thing and the flak people like Leo DiCaprio gets. You are old and want to date a 20-something because you value aesthetic and cosmetic beauty? Why do we judge that? It's on him to put up with the immaturity and personality and relationship games to the extent they exist, which is likely. It's a form of reverse age-ism, as long as everyone are consensual adults.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, once I got in my 40s, if I were single again, I don't have time to explain a lot of stuff that would go right over the head of a lot of 20-somethings nor try to find common interests outside of the bedroom. 

I've said it here before, but I was 40 when I met my now-wife (who was 27 at the time).  I had to explain a lot of things culturally (movies, music, you get the idea) and she's a willing listener.  The first time we watched The Godfather, she actually called her dad afterwards (who loves the movie, and also, is only 7 years older than I am) and asked him why he never bothered to watch it with her, because she loved it.

I gotta say, it's been worth it explaining things.

I know this thread is more to mock Elon than anything, but I just want to complain again how it now keeps defaulting back to “for you” from “ following.” Today I opened the app and it suggested for me some random Twitter page devoted to nsfw crashes and I got to see the start of a dude being decapitated by a van hitting them. Thanks Elon, I was just going to check sports news, but I guess I needed to see someone killed first from a suggested auto played NSFL account video before.

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?