Movies you're ashamed to admit that you enjoy

Mo Horn

I’m not a big Tony Danza fan but I did really like that movie She’s out of control (Ami Dolenz—her dad is Micky Dolenz—below plays Tony Danza’s teen daughter who goes from nerdy to a makeover—Matthew Perry had a small role as a jerk.) the movie is actually funny as her dad goes slowly batshit by his daughter transforming and showing off her assets. Ami actually had a small burst of fame in mid to late 80’s with Can’t Buy Me Love and Witchboard 2.

IMG_9522.gif

IMG_9523.gif

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 2

I also like Tango and Cash for what it is. It could have been so much better of a movie. It has its moments…just enough to watch. But it could have been a huge hit with a better plot/screenplay and direction and honestly better villain. Still I know why y’all watched it

IMG_9526.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I also like Tango and Cash for what it is. It could have been so much better of a movie. It has its moments…just enough to watch. But it could have been a huge hit with a better plot/screenplay and direction and honestly better villain. Still I know why y’all watched it

IMG_9526.gif

GREAT GOD IN HEAVEN

I... uh... 'scuse me, I need to go watch Tango and Cash again.

• Hook 'Em 2

Her Alibi: Tom Selleck and Paulina Porizkova. Back in the late 80’s and early 90’s she’d smash the models they trot out there now…obviously I have a massive collection of movies that fit OP’s category:

Stills/gif from Her Alibi. 

IMG_9527.gif

IMG_9528.png

IMG_9529.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 3

22 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Wait. Annie Potts? The girl from "Ghostbusters?"

Funnily enough, I wore out my VHS copy of Ghostbusters as a wee 5-7 yr old. Then around the time I hit puberty, I was also taking interest in muscle cars. Imagine my surprise finding this movie with a smoking hot hooker played by "Janine".

giphy.gif

image.png

Edited by Hmbre97
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, mchookem said:

Awkward Kid GIF

Anna Kendrick's tits help.

I don't know - we had it on at work the other day and I had never seen it. I wound up kind of getting into it - it wasn't terrible. 

The Leo/Leguizamo* Romeo and Juliet abortion absolutely fits here. Nice entry. 

Edited by ztejas

On 2/20/2024 at 7:00 PM, RomaVicta said:

Independence Day

It's so fucking corny and sweet, but if I stumble upon it, I can't take my eyes off of it.

I mostly stream now, but when I used to channel surf, I'd always stop and watch at least until the commercial break.

I fucking love Independence Day. I've had this discussion on here before. 

I'm a sucker for 90s/00s Will Smith entries, though. Not sure why - just thought he always carried a movie well.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I fucking love Independence Day. I've had this discussion on here before. 

I'm a sucker for 90s/00s Will Smith entries, though. Not sure why - just thought he always carried a movie well.

His movies were wildly popular. I liked Men In Black, but he sort of ruins most of his other movies for me. He's kind of a ham.

I'm probably an older fart than you, and that likely affects perspective. Or, just a matter of taste. 

21 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

His movies were wildly popular. I liked Men In Black, but he sort of ruins most of his other movies for me. He's kind of a ham.

I'm probably an older fart than you, and that likely affects perspective. Or, just a matter of taste. 

I don't think it's an age thing there's just certain actors/actresses I like more or less than other people for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Yep I was young in the 90s and loved Independence Day and MiB. MiB holds up really well, what an acting job from Vincent D'Onofrio in that one.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yep I was young in the 90s and loved Independence Day and MiB. MiB holds up really well, what an acting job from Vincent D'Onofrio in that one.

It was clever in using things like the hot sheets (tabloid newspapers) for recent intelligence. Tommy Lee Jones' deadpan/seen it all delivery was exquisite acting.

It's light fare, but it's very very good light fare. I love a good pop song (guilty pleasure: Dancing Queen) as much as solid classical pieces or anything else. I can dance. I can jive.

16 hours ago, mchookem said:

OMG! that was literally the only movie from my childhood that terrified me so much i couldn't sleep, i cried at night, i hid under my covers...and that was all just bc of the TRAILER i saw on tv! 😆 

Was that the one with the kid in the sleeping bag trying to hop away from the monster that was destroying their campsite?

6 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I give you The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh starring Dr. J.  Terrible movie and even the trailer is cheesy but since I watched it a thousand times when I was a kid I still enjoy it.  

Liked Fish along with this one…

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Was that the one with the kid in the sleeping bag trying to hop away from the monster that was destroying their campsite?

Yep. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I give you The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh starring Dr. J.  Terrible movie and even the trailer is cheesy but since I watched it a thousand times when I was a kid I still enjoy it.  

+1 on this. I think I saw it for someone’s birthday party in the theater in 4th grade. 

17 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

You might as well go full Travolta on this one. Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Urban Cowboy, Pulp Fiction.

Although nobody should ever be ashamed to love all those movies

And I'll be the one to admit that I'd put Pulp Fiction 4th in that list.  

Urban Cowboy, Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Pulp Fiction.  And, holy shit - the combined soundtrack in these 4...

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

You might as well go full Travolta on this one. Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Urban Cowboy, Pulp Fiction.

Although nobody should ever be ashamed to love all those movies

Pulp Fiction may be the best movie ever made

• Hook 'Em 1