Caleb Harris, the disappearing A&M CC kid

immamac

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is the best theory I’ve heard. He was getting ready to head out in a few hours and needed bait fish. 

if you wanted to be attacked by a large tiger shark - close to shore, murky water at night with panicked baitfish raising hell would be the way to do it. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is the best theory I’ve heard. He was getting ready to head out in a few hours and needed bait fish. 

What if, and I'm just spit balling here, he was trying to catch Chilean Sea Bass in his casting net?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

You have zero idea what you’re talking about 

calallen milfs aren’t on dating apps 

I mean sure if you go to the nicer parts of any area, you'll find some attractive people but the ratio in corpus isn't favorable.

4 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

If you love banging 5’s or maybe 6’s sure..   Turn on a dating app in Corpus it’s like the whole city got beat with the ugly fat stick.  It’s night and difference from any other city in Texas including San Antonio even.  

This. I haven't spent extended time there since HS but I don't think it's changed dramatically. Unless obese cholas are your thing. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

But barefoot he still would have had to walk past SPID highway to get to the bay. It’s definitely not like it was a 100 yard track to the bay.  There’s drainage ditch creek thing right there but I doubt he’s throwing cast net into that but drunk kids do dumb things.  

18 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I mean sure if you go to the nicer parts of any area, you'll find some attractive people but the ratio in corpus isn't favorable.

This. I haven't spent extended time there since HS but I don't think it's changed dramatically. Unless obese cholas are your thing. 

Vic Mackey to the white courtesy phone. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

But barefoot he still would have had to walk past SPID highway to get to the bay. It’s definitely not like it was a 100 yard track to the bay.  There’s drainage ditch creek thing right there but I doubt he’s throwing cast net into that but drunk kids do dumb things.  

he’s right by the bay, steps away 

29 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

1900 ennis joplin is pretty much on the water

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

he’s right by the bay, steps away 

That’s not steps away…..  The cottages apartments are his, it’s still close to a half a mile away across a major road.  There also aren’t gators or sharks in that area and is shallow as shit along the waters edge.  You don’t cast net in chest deep water even if he waded out.  He wasn’t I fell in 3ft of water drunk to drown  

IMG_5885.jpeg

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

That’s not steps away…..  The cottages apartments are his, it’s still close to a half a mile away across a major road.  There also aren’t gators or sharks in that area and is shallow as shit along the waters edge.  You don’t cast net in chest deep water even if he waded out.  He wasn’t I fell in 3ft of water drunk to drown  

IMG_5885.jpeg

i was going by the yahoo article ….

preliminary search began at 7 a.m. last Wednesday, with officers gathering on a sidewalk along the 1900 block of Ennis Joslin Road near the apartment complex.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Here’s my guess …..

he was drunk or high

saw the moon on the water

decided to go for a wade / dip in the bay

got disoriented / went out to far

panicked and drowned 

Just doesn’t add up to me, he doesn’t look like a bad swimmer.  I’ve been drunk as shit at like the fourth sandbar on a beach and didn’t  drown..   Oso bay is also like 8 feet at its deepest at best and that’s not close to the shore, its average is 3-4ft.  It doesn’t get deep for hundreds of yards, it’s a small inlet bay.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I don’t wade for this reason …. I’ve heard too many stories of experienced fishermen wade fishing and without knowing, getting way too far from the boat and freaking out 

I’ve been in knee deep water, taken a couple steps and been in mud up to my waist. Drunk, at night, panic sets in and it could get ugly quick

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a kid who is a junior at TAMUCC and they have NOT heard a thing on the student rumor mill about this.  There are only 12K students there, so if there was talk (drugs, girlfriend, grades, whatever) it seems like it would have gotten out. A friend of a friend of a friend did know him, but apparently, no possible motive.

As far as walking without shoes down to the Bay, that seems really unlikely.  It may be only 0.4 miles from his apartment, and there are sidewalks the whole way, but you have to cross a wide busy street, go under a dirty underpass, and the screenshot below this is the nearest bay access. Rocks, branches and mud. This isn't some nice clean beach access.  You'd probably cut your feet multiple times just getting to the water's edge.

image.thumb.png.b7b24aed192e04e273cd9d153dbadf9a.png

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I have a kid who is a junior at TAMUCC and they have NOT heard a thing on the student rumor mill about this.  There are only 12K students there, so if there was talk (drugs, girlfriend, grades, whatever) it seems like it would have gotten out. A friend of a friend of a friend did know him, but apparently, no possible motive.

As far as walking without shoes down to the Bay, that seems really unlikely.  It may be only 0.4 miles from his apartment, and there are sidewalks the whole way, but you have to cross a wide busy street, go under a dirty underpass, and the screenshot below this is the nearest bay access. Rocks, branches and mud. This isn't some nice clean beach access.  You'd probably cut your feet multiple times just getting to the water's edge.

image.thumb.png.b7b24aed192e04e273cd9d153dbadf9a.png

If you’re young and drunk half a mile don’t sounds like much.  He probably didn’t even think of the distance

also there are no busy streets in cc after 10

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 2

6'5" Mizzou kid missing too after getting kicked out of Luke Bryan's bar in Nashville. 

A family is pleading for answers in the search for a University of Missouri student who has been missing since Friday after he left a bar in Nashville, Tennessee.

Riley Strain, 22, a senior, was last seen Friday night by friends at a bar in Nashville’s bustling Broadway area, known for nightlife, Nashville police said.

He was visiting town with his Delta Chi fraternity brothers for their spring formal, the St. Louis-Post Dispatch reported, but they got separated after he was asked to leave country singer Luke Bryan's bar, Luke’s 32 Bridge Food + Drink, his family told NBC affiliate WSMV of Nashville.

“At approximately 9:45 p.m., he was asked to leave Luke Bryan’s bar,” Strain’s stepfather, Chris Whiteid, told the station. “They got separated. The boys called him, and he said, 'I’m walking back to my hotel.' They didn’t think anything about it.”

When his friends returned to Tempo Hotel, about a half-mile away, they saw Strain’s room key but no sign of him. When they tried to call him, his phone was dead.

The young men went out to search for him, checked his Snapchat locations, and they went through the other fraternity brothers’ rooms but did not find him, so they called his parents.

Whiteid, along with his wife, Michelle Whiteid, traveled from Springfield, Missouri, to Nashville to search for him.

“We talk every day, multiple times a day,” Michelle Whiteid said. “This is the longest I’ve ever gone without talking to him.”

“We’re in a bad dream. Can we wake up? Please, just let us wake up,” her husband told WSMV.

Chris Whiteid told the Post-Dispatch that according to security video, it appeared that Strain was heading back to the hotel but took a wrong turn. It's not clear where the video was from.

Searches took place Monday, including a helicopter search of Gay Street, the area where Strain was last seen, the riverbank and a ground search, “but to no avail,” police said.

On Tuesday, police shared security video showing Strain, wearing a two-tone shirt, crossing 1st Avenue North to Gay Street at 9:47 p.m. Friday. That cross-section is about 0.7 miles from the bar he was at earlier.

TC Restaurant Group, the operator and owner of Luke’s 32 Bridge, said it, too, was working with police to provide security camera video and other potentially helpful information to aid in the search.

Strain is described as 6-foot-5 with a thin build, blue eyes and light brown hair.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/university-missouri-student-22-missing-151645554.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Did he have only own one pair of shoes?

right?? like if they don't have any footage of him wandering around barefoot, how is everybody so sure he was?

also that kid that disappeared in Nashville is 6'5" !! how big were the guys that managed to nab him?? 😳

• Drool 1

It’s funny when people post someone’s height as if that means anything for fighting/strength purposes. 6’5 190 is basically rail thin for example. I know I could easily take on guys a few inches taller than me with my solid build. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’s funny when people post someone’s height as if that means anything for fighting/strength purposes. 6’5 190 is basically rail thin for example. I know I could easily take on guys a few inches taller than me with my solid build. 

Comedy Reaction GIF by Jo Koy

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Just doesn’t add up to me, he doesn’t look like a bad swimmer. ...

Um, how can you tell his swimming abilities? Someone can be rather fit looking and a shit swimmer, even w/o potential substances in their system. Young people, especially male, can get a little overconfident in that regard, too.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
N/M
  • Hook 'Em 2

Even wade fishing off Bolivar. Driven by boat to some sand bars off the coast. Reeling in my catch line and seeing nothing but “heads left” makes you realize real quick that shit swimming out here have teeth!

And I hate fishing in brown water that you can’t see your feet while waist deep. Been bumped multiple times and it’s always like WTF, why am I not in the boat?

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

maybe he was too drunk to remember to stand up.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=415e21912251291

• Haha 6

52 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

And I hate fishing in brown water that you can’t see your feet while waist deep. Been bumped multiple times and it’s always like WTF, why am I not in the boat?

This is also why I've never quite grasped why people in Oklahoma go 'noodling.' Seems like a bad idea. I'mma stand on the bank with a pole and be happy fishing from there.

What doesn't make sense to me is the Red Bull at 230 when planning to go fishing in the morning. There's a Valero a block from his apartment if the redbull was gonna be for breakfast.

Maybe he also ordered some UberCoke and something went wrong

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This is also why I've never quite grasped why people in Oklahoma go 'noodling.' Seems like a bad idea. I'mma stand on the bank with a pole and be happy fishing from there.

meth going go to meth 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

When I was a teenager in SETX, late ‘80s, we’d go “golf ball hunting” at night. The Pine Island bayou ran through my local golf course. We’d rig up a flashlight to a golf cart battery, scan for glowing eyes (gators) and wade into the water short of a couple of greens. We’re talking knee to waist high water, barefooted, and you could feel the golf balls. Sometimes the current of the bayou formed pockets where you could harvest dozens of balls at one time.

Sometimes you thought you were stepping on a rock, but then it’d move! How we didn’t lose fingers, toes, or worse doing that shit is beyond me! That whole bayou was filled with big ass turtles, gar, snakes, and gators. We’d shot them all over the years, but to ask me to do that shit today, it’d be a big Hell No!

Wasn’t worth the selling of nice balls at a $1 a piece, less the ones we kept.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 7

12 minutes ago, SurlyGator said:

Nashville is only a 4 hour drive from Atlanta.  Just sayin'

Was he gay?  I read a rumor that Nicole hates gay people.   Or maybe likes them too much.  But either way, could be Nicole.

49 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

When I was a teenager in SETX, late ‘80s, we’d go “golf ball hunting” at night. The Pine Island bayou ran through my local golf course. We’d rig up a flashlight to a golf cart battery, scan for glowing eyes (gators) and wade into the water short of a couple of greens. We’re talking knee to waist high water, barefooted, and you could feel the golf balls. Sometimes the current of the bayou formed pockets where you could harvest dozens of balls at one time.

Sometimes you thought you were stepping on a rock, but then it’d move! How we didn’t lose fingers, toes, or worse doing that shit is beyond me! That whole bayou was filled with big ass turtles, gar, snakes, and gators. We’d shot them all over the years, but to ask me to do that shit today, it’d be a big Hell No!

Wasn’t worth the selling of nice balls at a $1 a piece, less the ones we kept.

Hook’em!!!

Pinewood Estates? 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I’ve been in knee deep water, taken a couple steps and been in mud up to my waist. Drunk, at night, panic sets in and it could get ugly quick

In 1957-58 when we lived in Taiwan, we made a couple of day trips over to Yilan district on the northeast side of the Island to swim at the beautiful black sand Waiao Beach. 
At that time there was absolutely no development anywhere near it except a small fishing village a quarter mile down the beach from our “day camp”.

Anyway, Trink Van Sickle & I were walking about 10’ apart along in waist deep water maybe 10 yards parallel to the beach when I stepped into a deep hole that was over my head. I went down far enough where it was disorienting, and then my foot scraped against something sharp like a board or a big seashell. Scared the shit outta me, and Trink said it looked like I shot out of the water like a rocket. She didn’t step any deeper than her waist (no pics).

Ever since then in all the trips I’ve made to the beaches at SPI, Padre, and the Bahamas, I have never stepped past knee deep in the water.

That Taiwan beach today…

5E608B51-F951-4CF7-A819-EB9E448FBCAC.webp

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 5