2024 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Who’s a JAG now?

sith_horn

On 4/17/2024 at 2:30 PM, Longhorn94 said:

i'd say its more like this year's team is 2008 and last year was 2009. this team should be more talented at every position group other than DT.

And we can't say what DT looks like until after all the portal whatnot.

I'd be very surprised if we don't bring in two DTs. 

46 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

UCLA guy, Arizona guys, and Michigan guys. We all set, boys. Time to go run a train on those pussies in our new conference on the way to fuck starting Ohio State's face for the championship. 

thats no way to talk about your cousins /SEC 

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

UCLA guy/Collins

Arizona Boys

Bledsoe/Bryant/Broughton

Sydir/Swanson 

PFF grades on interior DL last year. 

#1 T Sweat (91.7). 
#2 B Murphy (91.1). 
#60 Alfred Collins (79.9). 
#270 Bill Norton (70.6). 
#312 Damonic Williams (69.4). 
#393 Trill Carter (67.2)
#398 Vernon Broughton (67.1)
#788 Jay Toia (56.4). 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Supposedly several more transfers coming after the spring game so Bert likely gets that open scholarship. 

I guess we'll know by who plays Saturday if the game isn't canceled.

I can't imagine anyone risking injury by playing in the Spring Game if they plan on transfering.

PFF grades on interior DL last year.    #1 T Sweat (91.7).  #2 B Murphy (91.1).  #60 Alfred Collins (79.9).  #270 Bill Norton (70.6).  #312 Damonic Williams (69.4).  #393 Trill Carter (67.2) #398 Vernon Broughton (67.1) #788 Jay Toia (56.4).   

Well shit.

3 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I had been hearing good things about him, but I guess I can't believe everything I hear from the 9.95ers. That is shocking. 

Why is it shocking? He came in super raw, and he’s only in his second year. Guys like him take time, and he has a bunch of 4th year guys ahead of him.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If Sydir Mitchell is in the two-deep now that’s news to me.

He wouldn’t be if Broughton was at practice. He’s also one of two true NTs on the roster, so that probably has something to do with it. He’s likely going to get pushed down when we add another guy who can play NT in the coming weeks. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Why is it shocking? He came in super raw, and he’s only in his second year. Guys like him take time, and he has a bunch of 4th year guys ahead of him.

Shocking that I can't trust the 9.95ers, not that Bledsoe isn't in the 2-deep. 

• Haha 1

He wouldn’t be if Broughton was at practice. He’s also one of two true NTs on the roster, so that probably has something to do with it. He’s likely going to get pushed down when we add another guy who can play NT in the coming weeks. 

I was thinking Bryant, but yeah.

32 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Why isn't Jaray Bledsoe listed on the 2 deep? 

That was my 1st thought, but we havent seen what Bryant or Mitchell look like. Until we see the product on the field it is hard to really question. This is Surly, so I am sure if they struggle on field there will be plenty of comments about it. 

15 hours ago, Codaxx said:

PFF grades on interior DL last year. 

#1 T Sweat (91.7). 
#2 B Murphy (91.1). 
#60 Alfred Collins (79.9). 
#270 Bill Norton (70.6). 
#312 Damonic Williams (69.4). 
#393 Trill Carter (67.2)
#398 Vernon Broughton (67.1)
#788 Jay Toia (56.4). 

Adding Savea at (68.5). Not sure what his rank would be among all DL, but that puts him between Damonic Williams and Trill Carter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Not to nitpick but Bledsoe is a third year now

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, Viper said:

Bobby saying Broughten won't play in the spring game, but said it was for a good reason. 

On Twitter, someone who knows a family member (allegedly) said he's having a wedding or going to a wedding 

6 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

On Twitter, someone who knows a family member (allegedly) said he's having a wedding or going to a wedding 

He did get engaged late last year but it seemed kind of out of the blue. I would be very surprised if that was it. I can ask, though.

Edited by Bevo

6 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I want to get married on 4/20

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

HIs fiance is Calvin Anderson's step sister.

All I know is that he is getting married "soon". It seems odd that he would do it the same weekend as the Spring game, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

All I know is that he is getting married "soon". It seems odd that he would do it the same weekend as the Spring game, though.
If that is indeed what he's doing (I have no idea, could be a funeral for all I know) it doesn't seem like a smart move in a contract year. Not just a contract year but one in which he hasn't locked down his spot in the 2 deep...and the portal exists. Jmo

Of course if the game gets rained out it won't matter, but still not a great look.

23 minutes ago, ousux said:

If that is indeed what he's doing (I have no idea, could be a funeral for all I know) it doesn't seem like a smart move in a contract year. Not just a contract year but one in which he hasn't locked down his spot in the 2 deep...and the portal exists. Jmo

Of course if the game gets rained out it won't matter, but still not a great look.

Maybe he wants to celebrate his wedding anniversary on draft day next year

Maybe he wants to celebrate his wedding anniversary on draft day next year
Maybe so, but if he doesn't get his shit together and lock down one of the DT spots..that may be all he has to celebrate.

On 4/19/2024 at 9:03 AM, closetohumping said:

Good to see Moore already push to first team. Burke is pretty stout for a second team DE

Taafe must have pictures of pole assassins monkey 

danielle-thomas-with-gia.jpg.2a5db07f680e6d4e4e7d70d951a3f4c0.jpg

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2024 at 2:02 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Per spring game, broughton getting married in Paris, tx today. 

Seems really weird to schedule your wedding when you know spring football could still be going on when you're a player on the team, and especially as a backup scratching and clawing for snaps. Wouldn't be surprised if Sark wanting to bring in 3 DTs instead of 2 is because he knows Broughton is on the way out as a grad transfer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

She’s having a dream wedding in Paris on 4/20. He knows happy wife, happy life. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BornOrange said:

Sark and CDC had poor planning. They announced the date for the Spring Game back in January.

They should have asked the players if anyone had a wedding or some other conflict on April 20th.

Perhaps there was a venue availability issue in Paris, TX and this was the only weekend that would work?  The last time I was in Paris was for my great aunt’s funeral.  KFC catered.  

• Drool 1

Welp…I know a “my wife” guy when I see one

Hope she doesn’t have plans on January 20th next year 

• Hook 'Em 1