With us entering the SEC....

Earl Haffler

...will you start following, hating, making fun of, SEC teams more than BIG12 teams?  For instance, will you be more interested in the success or failure of Auburn, Arky, Miss St, and Vandy  than Baylor, TCU, Tech and UH?

Or will proximity bias still tie you to regional teams rather than conference teams?

I live in Nashville so the Texas teams don't mean shit to me other than how they affect the success of TEXAS athletics and now they don't so I don't give a shit at all.

Thoughts?

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Earl Haffler said:

...will you start following, hating, making fun of, SEC teams more than BIG12 teams?  For instance, will you be more interested in the success or failure of Auburn, Arky, Miss St, and Vandy  than Baylor, TCU, Tech and UH?

Or will proximity bias still tie you to regional teams rather than conference teams?

I live in Nashville so the Texas teams don't mean shit to me other than how they affect the success of TEXAS athletics and now they don't so I don't give a shit at all.

Thoughts?

Yes it's gone dormant, but piggy is a natural and longtime rival. I could give a shit about hating the others. 

I love watching SEC conference games. It does mean more. Looking to forward the move. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yes it's gone dormant, but piggy is a natural and longtime rival. I could give a shit about hating the others. 

I love watching SEC conference games. It does mean more. Looking to forward the move. 

I do NOT look forward to this bullshit.

And SECRant won't get any of my time. From what I've seen, that place is full of aggy types, only different flavors. It all fits right into @closetojumping's characterization of fart-joke level intellect.

It will be interesting to see how the hierarchy settles out in the new B12. I'm a college football fan, so I will pay attention.

And the SEC games not involving Texas will be of more interest because they will now impact our standings and involve future opponents.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Exactly how do the games mean more in the SEC?
  • Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Fan engagement. 

1 hour ago, Earl Haffler said:

HEY!!! That's my people!

Rednecks to the left of me, hillbillies to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Yeah, I look forward to hating on a whole new group of fanbases. Texas vs Tennessee will be lit, too, in time.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

We mocked this bullshit along with SEC SEC SEC, but it'd be tough to argue that the fan bases in the SEC aren't more passionate. Bama, AR, MS, and SC have no professional competition for their loyalties in-state.

• Hook 'Em 1

I will always have a healthy hate for Tech, Baylor, TCU, and U of H for their idiotic, Aggy Lite mentalities about Texas.  And I will revel in watching their football programs become even less relevant in a conference no one gives half a shit about.  They hated us for years while getting rich off of being next to us, and boy are they gonna miss us when we're gone.  I'm all for it.

As for the SEC, I already hate aggy and Piggy.  I hope to come to view the rest of the conference as quality opponents that I have to grudgingly respect, the way I once felt about Big 12 foes Nebraska, Mizzou, and K State.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

I'm not sure anything could ever make me give any more shits about MS State, for example, than I already do.   Which is none.

The only time I watch them is when they’re beating aggy on the regular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have never and never will give two shits about Cougar High.  I will not pay any attention to TCU.  I would love to see Baylor get the death penalty for god knows how many things, but they never will.  Tech?  Out of sight, out of mind.  Same for WVU, UCinn.  I will miss KU basketball.  K State has been nothing but a pain in our ass for years, good riddance.

I don't imagine I'll gin up any hate for random schools like MSU and Vandy, but I will absolutely pay far more attention to Auburn, Ole Miss, UTenn etc. than I have.  Looking forward to it.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'll follow the SEC more, just to keep tabs on the standings. And I'll hate them all, already do. First couple seasons will be "you ain't ready for the SEC", then that'll die down, replaced with something else. I fully expect us to get blamed for a program like Bama having some down years. What I have learned through my years of living, is that if you aren't from Texas, then you hate Texas. So fuck them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Sex with the cousin is more enjoyable when your team/school wins. 

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I look forward to the new wave of trolls hitting the board. That was always the most fun part.

I’m looking forward to the new wave of SEC trolls finding this board, settling in, and then interacting with our old B12 trolls. 

“What? Why are you posting about the OSU Cowboys? Nobody gives a shit about them! Whoo-Pig sooey!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We already have a template for the old Big 12 teams with what happened with SMU and Rice, as well as Houston and TCU before they got promoted. They are going to hit my radar at only the very farthest reaches. So fired up to move Baylor and to a lesser extent Tech into this category. 

I’m not super pumped about the SEC in general but the change itself is exciting.  You’d have to be a fairly casual fan to have not followed that conference over the past 15 years. Now that we’re a part of it, I’m definitely going to be more interested in the lesser games knowing that some of those teams are going to hit the schedule. 

i watch the best game or games in any timeslot

if that means i'm watching UU@brethren or lsu@klanaggy then so be it

but in many cases i'll be on to something else quickly - once aggy are up 3 scores on a D2 opponent i can move on - but half their games are high potential comedy value deep in to the 3rd quarter

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I don't give a shit about any other school besides Texas, my Alma Mater.

Staying on this track I hate the young folks that attend or root for Texas and chant SEC. We're Texas and regardless of conference we have our own identity. It is worse when those chanting SEC call Texas their Alma Mater. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Staying on this track I hate the young folks that attend or root for Texas and chant SEC. We're Texas and regardless of conference we have our own identity. It is worse when those chanting SEC call Texas their Alma Mater. 

I've only seen this being done ironically (both tech game and conference championship for yormark.)

Is this an actual thing? Fuck that noise. 

Bring a Gator fan, I’ve got a lot of hate built up against Georgia, LSU, and Bama. 

To me the other teams are on a lower tier than us and I really don’t care or hate them too much. 

I just can’t wait to watch a physical tough Texas football game where our players aren’t going to be thrown out for blowing up a WR screen. Can’t wait to watch a game that doesn’t have 35 official reviews and little meetings and bull shit calls. 

We get a whole season of last years Alabama game. I’m looking forward to legit college football. 

• Hook 'Em 8

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’m looking forward to despising and mocking new teams and old teams. The problem with the fanbases in the SEC is that most of them too dumb to understand when you’re doing it. They covet fart jokes. I’ve traveled to these places. Anything above that gets lost. 

It’s fresh meat nonetheless. The onslaught of stupid on SECRant from the jump when you visit is unbelievable. 

Yeah all the intellectuals in Waco and West Virginia lol it’s going to be a different pace to crack jokes on the dumb dumbs in Mississippi 

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wouldn’t say they mean more, but the SEC is best brand and style of football in existence. Raw talent before they go to the league, crazy fan bases and atmospheres, all the eyeballs and pressure. 

5 hours ago, Dewey said:

I'll follow the SEC more, just to keep tabs on the standings. And I'll hate them all, already do. First couple seasons will be "you ain't ready for the SEC", then that'll die down, replaced with something else. I fully expect us to get blamed for a program like Bama having some down years. What I have learned through my years of living, is that if you aren't from Texas, then you hate Texas. So fuck them. 

I already bet one of my cousins $400 Texas wins 8 or more games and $400 we beat aggy strait up. lol his drunken argument is that the SEC is on entirely another level and aggy has recruited and adjusted and will beat us. Can’t wait to cash in

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Earl Haffler said:

Thoughts?

I don't watch SMU and UH now, so I'm guessing I won't watch Baylor,TCU, Tech, Ok State, KU, KSU, ISU, or anybody else other than randomly. I'll see them occasionally. 

I watch whatever is on, if I'm not watching the Longhorns. The big 12 teams arent going to dominate TV.  

And I'm not watching Vandy or MIss State unless they're playing Texas or they're really really good in a season.

So, basically, I'll watch Texas. Top Teams, then whatever is on.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I already bet one of my cousins $400 Texas wins 8 or more games and $400 we beat aggy strait up. lol his drunken argument is that the SEC is on entirely another level and aggy has recruited and adjusted and will beat us. Can’t wait to cash in

OU sux but with that said all these commentators talking about Missouri being a big bad SEC opponent on OU's schedule is a joke. Missouri has been OU's bitch forever and aggy our little brother and things will just get back to normal.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

OU sux but with that said all these commentators talking about Missouri being a big bad SEC opponent on OU's schedule is a joke. Missouri has been OU's bitch forever and aggy our little brother and things will just get back to normal.

They are better than most of the big 12. Probably same level as okie lite…

34 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Is your dumbass cousin taking any more bets?

I'd love to fund thus year's Christmas shopping.

I will never watch a Rig12 game again in my life in football or baseball, but I will miss watching us take on KU and Baylor in basketball. 

As for football, I couldn't care less for the bottom feeders, but I'll pay more attention to the better games (Bama vs Ole Miss, Georgia/Florida), but as for Auburn and the other titty suckers, I don't give one fuck about them. And I've never, nor will I ever visit SECRant unless someone posts their stupidity on this site to marvel at. 

I stopped giving a shit about the Rig12 long before we left, but I'll occasionally watch a game here and there if I think it will be a good one.

Everything in the SEC is new to us, so even games against Moo State, Vandy etc will have a little something extra the first few seasons, but after that it won't be any more exciting than going to Lawrence Kansas or the little big apple. However I am expecting the quality of athletes to be a bit better across the board vs the lower tier Big12 teams since (other than Vandy) they can recruit a bit better simply because they have the SEC logo.

I love the cognitive dissonance among aggy and even other SEC fanbases crying about our "weak" schedule. I mean it's still an SEC schedule and we've been hearing for decades about "how it just means more" and "SEC teams are built different" and all that jazz, yet we have a weak schedule? Does not compute..

Bring a Gator fan, I’ve got a lot of hate built up against Georgia, LSU, and Bama. 

To me the other teams are on a lower tier than us and I really don’t care or hate them too much. 
I just can’t wait to watch a physical tough Texas football game where our players aren’t going to be thrown out for blowing up a WR screen. Can’t wait to watch a game that doesn’t have 35 official reviews and little meetings and bull shit calls. 

We get a whole season of last years Alabama game. I’m looking forward to legit college football. 
Oh wow, looking forward to another season with Sunbelt Billy running the show has got to be rough. (I lived through the Chuckles and Turtle Tom eras, so I feel ya)

I guess the thinking among the AD (whoever does the hiring and firing) is that if Billy can get through the '24 schedule with only 3 or 4 losses the pressure to shitcan him will be less..and also save a lot of money?

4 minutes ago, ousux said:

Oh wow, looking forward to another season with Sunbelt Billy running the show has got to be rough. (I lived through the Chuckles and Turtle Tom eras, so I feel ya)

I guess the thinking among the AD (whoever does the hiring and firing) is that if Billy can get through the '24 schedule with only 3 or 4 losses the pressure to shitcan him will be less..and also save a lot of money?

It’s about recruiting, sticking with the guy that is bringing in the recruits and brought in who’s there now.

They are putting together Gator Collective now to get better and better players. The whole thing got fucked up by losing Del Rio da Pedo. 

Not saying Bill is the best coach but he is better than the last 4 or 5, just not as flashy. 

Muschamp refused to play offense

McElwain was a joke - the whole team started doing credit card fraud instead of playing ball

Mullen finally gave us some offense but forgot about defense and the team was also really undisciplined. Throwing game losing shoes. 

Billy may not be the answer but flailing around firing coaches is stupid aggy shit. Let him build a team and get this badass QB ready in a year and let’s see where we are. 

• Like 1