Isaiah Bond fucks. 

Jordan Washington fucks.

Colin Simmons fucks. 

Colton Vasek fucks. 

Ethan Burke fucks. 

Savea fucks. 

Alfred Collins fucks. 

Manny Muhammed fucks. 

We're face fucking Michigan and beating Georgia on our way to fuck stomping that Pedo Ryan Day and his merry band of failures for the championship. 

Didn’t Broughton get married yesterday? He definitely fucked.

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You are going to fucking hate Bill Norton.

I hate em already because of his name . 

but nah Norton was a high 4 star top 100 out of highschool we definitely should have players like Norton

Edited by D3zii

59 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m not sure Mukuba played, and I didn’t watch him at Clemson, but I did see a smallish #13 whiff on an easy tackle. 

Saw the same 13 do a pretty good job of holding off a Cam Williams block in the flat only to whiff on the tackle,  not sure if same play.  The farther from the line he played the less impressive he looked.  Seems like I've seen that before with our Safeties. 

Was at the O&W game, some observations, probably made by anyone with eyes:

Player Observations

• Wingo and Cook are studs.  Hard to believe Wingo is an EE Fr, he's built like a Sr.  Speed, hands, wiggle, the whole package.  Cook has great elusiveness and another gear after the catch.
  • Bond looked great too, but we expected that.  Had a few catchable balls he missed.
  • I'll be disappointed if we lose Red, even with his weight gain he looked pretty good!  Soft hands catching screens and had some nice jukes and also ran over a few people.  I guess we saw a lot of him due to his spot on the depth chart but if he's willing to accept a reduced role I think he could contribute.
  • Owens looked mature, it's been awhile since we've had this depth in QB.  We're set up for the next few years and when we land Lacey we could have an Alabama-like run of QB play of 3-4 starter level NFL QBs in a row.
  • With Hill moving to the middle I didn't notice him as much, maybe he won't make as many flash plays there but probably will contribute more.
  • It was good to see the OLine get a push in a goal to go situation
  • It's really hard to assess defense in the spring game because they're playing with a hand tied behind their back and have to dial down the aggression and not hurt anyone.

Formation/Philosophy

• We ran a lot of 4 WR sets, way more than the last few years.
  • We hardly ran any 2 RB sets/pony package
  • We ran a lot of screens, not just the TE screen but traditional RB screens as well.  Some worked and some the D-line sniffed out.  Showed off the RBs soft hands and working with blockers.
  • There were a lot more slants and passes across the middle as a % of throws that I was used to seeing, thank god
  • There were a lot fewer horizontal throws to the sideline (WR screen)
  • We ran a lot of man coverage
  • We blitzed over 1/3rd of the plays

How much of this is just Sark experimenting, how much of this translates to the season...?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Sydir Mitchell looked like shit. Saw one pass rush that he tripped on his own dick and Hayden Connor just laid on him. There was also an instance down on the goal line where he got both shoulders flat on the ground at the same time pancaked. No pass rush. Hope he drops 15-20 before camp.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

My take on the QB's:

• Ewers did not play well. As has been pointed out here, he just hasn't developed. I think Sark is pretty much done with him. Time for him to move on. Come to think of it, time for Sark to move on, too.  
  • Manning is more poised, has a really good long ball and no one could lay a hand on him when he scrambled. He is already taller and better than Vince Young.  
  • Owens should start over Manning until Lourd can get more experience.. He is really developed, has a really strong arm and better pocket presence than Manning. He looked amazing against the third-string defense. 
  • Lourd is going to be the greatest QB in Texas Longhorn history and will be a first ballot NFL Hall of Famer.

Did I get that right?  

FCB-Drone.jpg

Your four bullet points would have fit perfect into this meme format:

image.thumb.jpeg.81845ce1d27dc5360564ec89b676e4da.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

WR Hamilton McMartin came out with some sort of shoulder/arm injury...but he's a walk-on so most of Surly won't care 

Most of surly will be crushed if he is able to recover and live a normal healthy life.

31 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Sydir Mitchell looked like shit. Saw one pass rush that he tripped on his own dick and Hayden Connor just laid on him. There was also an instance down on the goal line where he got both shoulders flat on the ground at the same time pancaked. No pass rush. Hope he drops 15-20 before camp.  

Mitchell’s snaps were just a dose of reassurance for the guys we have portalling in

34 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

2 minutes ago, Nope said:

Mitchell’s snaps were just a dose of reassurance for the guys we have portalling in

I actually was pleasantly surprised by Sydir's play.  Yes, he needs to get into better shape, and play more consistantly, but overall I think he looked good playing the 0 technique.  Looked like he was seeing some double teams, which allowed others to be free and make plays.

The run game up the middle was non-existent when he was in the game.

4 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

No, not never regarding our QB depth.  1969 - James Street, Eddie Phillips, Donnie Wigginton. 1977 - Mark McBath, John Aune, Randy McEachern.  

C'mon dude.  We're all big fans here, but no way you can compare either of those trios with today's group.

Running the wishbone and running Sark's offense are not even in the same galaxy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

My take on the QB's:

• Ewers did not play well. As has been pointed out here, he just hasn't developed. I think Sark is pretty much done with him. Time for him to move on. Come to think of it, time for Sark to move on, too.  
  • Manning is more poised, has a really good long ball and no one could lay a hand on him when he scrambled. He is already taller and better than Vince Young.  
  • Owens should start over Manning until Lourd can get more experience.. He is really developed, has a really strong arm and better pocket presence than Manning. He looked amazing against the third-string defense. 
  • Lourd is going to be the greatest QB in Texas Longhorn history and will be a first ballot NFL Hall of Famer.

Did I get that right?  

FCB-Drone.jpg

they-had-us-in-the-first-half-not-gonna-

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

No, not never regarding our QB depth.  1969 - James Street, Eddie Phillips, Donnie Wigginton. 1977 - Mark McBath, John Aune, Randy McEachern.  

Wow, I was just about to cite both of those examples.  You are correct.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

I don't think you have a good grasp of what we have at QB. Ewers will be drafted in the first, Manning will be drafted in the first, and Owens aka Murphy who the hell knows but he is looking good so far. None of those guys you mentioned were drafted in the first round and none were successful in the NFL. McBath has even said that he wasn't good enough for the NFL and quit to focus on medicine. Colt and Vince were both here in 2005 but there were a lot of years between the two and Nordgren would come in if Vince got hurt.

Edited by Bevo

I am fairly certain that 13 held Baxter out of the end zone. ( The play where both ended up 4 yards from the pile up at the goal line.)

The play where Collins got the interception was caused by Collins.  He blew up Campbell which caused Helm to block Campbell also.  This left Burke free to bat the pass into the air.

The TD pass to Blue was a wheel route out of the backfield then changed to a post route.   They ran what appeared to be the same play later and Blue stopped and caught a curl route.  Option route?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I don't think you have a good grasp of what we have at QB. Ewers will be drafted in the first, Manning will be drafted in the first, and Owens aka Murphy who the hell knows but he is looking good so far. None of those guys you mentioned were drafted in the first round and none were successful in the NFL. McBath has even said that he wasn't good enough for the NFL and quit to focus on medicine. Colt and Vince were both here in 2005 but there were a lot of years between the two and Nordgren would come in if Vince got hurt.

Back in the late 60’s through the 70’s, we had quarterbacks who were extremely good at running the wishbone/option.  They were never going to be NFL quarterbacks, but they helped get us two national championships in 1969 and 1970. In 1977, if McBath and Aune hadn’t gone down with season-ending injuries in the ou game, you can make the case we would’ve won another national championship. The fact that we were undefeated and in position to win a NC going into the Cotton Bowl with a third string QB (McEachern) was freaking amazing.  The point is we had depth at the quarterback position to be able to run the offense we ran at that time. Darrell Royal and Fred Akers >did not< recruit passing quarterbacks. One of the many Darrell Royal quotes was,  “When you put the ball in the air, three things can happen to you and two of them are bad.”  Yes, I’m well aware that two of our current quarterbacks are likely first round draft picks. Hopefully, that translates into as many national championships as we won with quarterbacks who were not as adept at throwing the football.  Hook ‘em.

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

The fact that we were undefeated and in position to win a NC going into the Cotton Bowl with a third string QB (McEachern) was freaking amazing. The point is we had depth at the quarterback position to be able to run the offense we ran at that time. 

I'm impressed we found a third guy able to hand it off to Earl out of the I formation in 1977.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Iguana said:

I am fairly certain that 13 held Baxter out of the end zone. ( The play where both ended up 4 yards from the pile up at the goal line.)

The play where Collins got the interception was caused by Collins.  He blew up Campbell which caused Helm to block Campbell also.  This left Burke free to bat the pass into the air.

The TD pass to Blue was a wheel route out of the backfield then changed to a post route.   They ran what appeared to be the same play later and Blue stopped and caught a curl route.  Option route?

Yes, that was Mukuba tackling Baxter on the goalline.

i will be interested to see if we run some version of that play that Blue scored on the pass.  That’s a tough ask for the LB and difficult read for the S cause you don’t see it often. And of course Blue is an open field mismatch.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

My take on the QB's:

Did I get that right?  

FCB-Drone.jpg

You had for a second.

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

Damn. Good for him. He's going to make some girl very happy. Or guy, depending on how he goes.

6 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

My take on the QB's:

Did I get that right?  

FCB-Drone.jpg

I thought Derka got banned?!?!?!?!?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

Posted (edited)

welp just listening to a few SEC Podcast Texas secondary is in for it next fall. 

did we put the secondary on the back burner cause we were to focused on our d-line???? Should we have seen the writing on the wall from last season?? 

yeah we got Makuba but we had a chance at other DBs we didn’t even go after 

Edited by D3zii
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, D3zii said:

welp just listening to a few SEC Podcast Texas secondary is in for it next fall. 

did we put the secondary on the back burner cause we were to focused on our d-line???? Should we have seen the writing on the wall from last season?? 

yeah we got Makuba but we had a chance at other DBs we didn’t even go after 

You're absolutely right. The coaches forgot that the secondary exists. And the random SEC podcasters who have huffing their own "grrr SEC manball" farts for decades know exactly what's going on with the UT roster.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, texifornia said:

You're absolutely right. The coaches forgot that the secondary exists. 

Sure looked that way Saturday. Watching Taaffe’s bizarre play it reminded me of playing Madden 95 on Sega and you clicked to change the player and dive and the player you immediately switched to dives crazily in the wrong direction of the play. It’s the only explanation to explain Taaffe diving randomly into the opposite direction of the play. Someone must of been controlling him remotely and they hit the wrong button. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You're absolutely right. The coaches forgot that the secondary exists. And the random SEC podcasters who have huffing their own "grrr SEC manball" farts for decades know exactly what's going on with the UT roster.

I mean you say that but Rod Barbers was on the podcast saying the same thing , not that they forgot. But they didn’t put as much emphasis like the dline cause they thought they were better in that area 

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I mean you say that but Rod Barbers was on the podcast saying the same thing , not that they forgot. But they didn’t put as much emphasis like the dline cause they thought they were better in that area 

I believe they went relatively light on portal in secondary because they were in on multiple elite HS recruits and didn't want to spook them.