"it's time for hunters to leave the NRA"

Gil Bang

Lol at someone who drives a truck and having some guns being their “definition”, because it doesn’t align with yours. And what exactly would be wrong with someone who’s hobby is say, trap shooting, having that as part of what defines them. Anymore than someone who fishes redfish tournaments, or plays high end travel ball? Someone who enjoys high end muscle cars. 

There would be literally 0 need for the NRA, if Feinstein and SJL bills and the like weren’t proposed every cycle.  You want to take every firearm away?  Ok, then I guess I want kids to have access to tanks.  See how that works?  Dipshittery begets dipshittery, over and over again.  

The oft scapegoated AR15 took the place of the .22lr as America’s plinker is what happened. I’d bet dollars to donuts there wasn’t a single one used in the road rage incidents that article spoke to. But there’s 100x as many 9’s and 40’s floating around. Killing people in traffic. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol at someone who drives a truck and having some guns being their “definition”, because it doesn’t align with yours. And what exactly would be wrong with someone who’s hobby is say, trap shooting, having that as part of what defines them. Anymore than someone who fishes redfish tournaments, or plays high end travel ball? Someone who enjoys high end muscle cars. 

There would be literally 0 need for the NRA, if Feinstein and SJL bills and the like weren’t proposed every cycle.  You want to take every firearm away?  Ok, then I guess I want kids to have access to tanks.  See how that works?  Dipshittery begets dipshittery, over and over again.  

The oft scapegoated AR15 took the place of the .22lr as America’s plinker is what happened. I’d bet dollars to donuts there wasn’t a single one used in the road rage incidents that article spoke to. But there’s 100x as many 9’s and 40’s floating around. Killing people in traffic. 

No one has come even close to advocating for that. If you can't argue in good faith, shut the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

It's only binary because of the small brains that host the dilemma.  

Had to give you rep because this is a sentence I see myself repeating over and over and over again.  Fantastic !

Also, one of those inflection points y'all are looking for involves that point in our history where people actually elected an overly pigmented president.

5 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Had to give you rep because this is a sentence I see myself repeating over and over and over again.  Fantastic !

Also, one of those inflection points y'all are looking for involves that point in our history where people actually elected an overly pigmented president.

Whatever, gay-wad...

8 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Or during the last administration, when the record for all sales took place, many of which are first time and POC owners. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/05/us-gun-ownership-black-americans-surge

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Or during the last administration, when the record for all sales took place, many of which are first time and POC owners. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/05/us-gun-ownership-black-americans-surge

When the last guy ramped up the racism, and it was finally and utterly proven that the police were never going to protect me, I would've bought some guns too if I wasn't white.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

When the last guy ramped up the racism, and it was finally and utterly proven that the police were never going to protect me, I would've bought some guns too if I wasn't white.  

The ability to exercise that right is fantastic, imo. 

16 hours ago, Born to Run said:

You are correct. Nothing will ever be done, not even something that would have bipartisan support 20 years ago.

The answer now is always more guns. Arm 12 year olds. Put machine gun nests outside high schools.

Yeah, people pushing for teachers to be armed, and this dumbass state doing it, is when I finally lost all hope on gun control.

• 1 month later...

https://www.nraam.org/events/2022-events/friday-may-27/nra-ila-leadership-forum/

Tickets are not required but you must be an NRA Member to attend.

You may start lining up at 12:00 PM

With the announcement that President Donald J. Trump will be speaking at the Forum, the U.S. Secret Service will take control of the General Assembly Hall and have magnetometers in place before entry. You will be subject to a search of your person and belongings. 

Per the U.S. SECRET SERVICE, firearms, firearm accessories, knives, and other items WILL NOT BE PERMITTED in the General Assembly Hall. For a full list of prohibited items, please click here. Read the list of prohibited items carefully before traveling to the event. You will not be allowed in the General Assembly Hall with any of the items on this list.  

There is no storage available for firearms.

• Rage+1 2

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.nraam.org/events/2022-events/friday-may-27/nra-ila-leadership-forum/

With the announcement that President Donald J. Trump will be speaking at the Forum, the U.S. Secret Service will take control of the General Assembly Hall and have magnetometers in place before entry. You will be subject to a search of your person and belongings. 

Per the U.S. SECRET SERVICE, firearms, firearm accessories, knives, and other items WILL NOT BE PERMITTED in the General Assembly Hall. For a full list of prohibited items, please click here. Read the list of prohibited items carefully before traveling to the event. You will not be allowed in the General Assembly Hall with any of the items on this list.  

The NRA is banning guns from the trump talk? What about the second amendment? It doesn’t say anything about restriction around guns if an ex president is near. Why isn’t this a problem for the 2A crowd?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The list of prohibited items looked a lot like the tourist packing list for January 6th. Only thing missing was zip ties.

• Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Trump at an NRA convention.  Both looking for a handout . . . from each other.

I can soooo picture a cartoon of this… Trump and NRA dude hugging. Each with a hand rooting around the other’s pant pocket. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Never in the history of America has a meteor been needed at a specific spot, than at the NRA convention tomorrow. 

I would also accept a group of Uvalde parents robbing a gun store and going Carl Lee Hailey on the NRA leadership and speakers ...

samuel-l-jackson-yes-they-deserved-to-di

• Hook 'Em 2

If any of y'all are podcast people, NPR got it's hands on a recording of the NRA's columbine response planning call, since that shooting also happened just before and in the same state as the NRA convention. Much like the fact pattern rhymes with the past, so does the rhetoric from the NRA and gun rights groups.

This week's planet money plays most of the call and it's pretty eye opening to see the true genesis of many current talking points.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Never in the history of America has a meteor been needed at a specific spot, than at the NRA convention tomorrow. 

I have no words to describe how I feel about the fact that our insane governor and the Monster will both be in attendance at that event. I feel like I'm living in an alternative reality. 

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How would that be copyright infringement in the Longhorn State? And the Lone Star State?

I don't know how it would relate with respect to Texas, but I know that the University of Wisconsin  went after entities that used the motion W and that is just a letter with a certain font. I think they reached an agreement with the Woodlands but I don't know the specifics of that.

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

I have no words to describe how I feel about the fact that our insane governor and the Monster will both be in attendance at that event. I feel like I'm living in an alternative reality. 

No no, abbott is truly feeling the pain of it all and said he won’t attend now 

• Hook 'Em 1

Focus on the families?

Why release a statement, then Mr. Patrick? Just call the NRA and say you're not coming. Like the way you ghosted Texas citizens when it came to "getting to the bottom of *this to be sure we are better prepared even if an unprecedented weather event happens again." YOUR EXACT QUOTE Mr. Patrick. Weather events are slightly unpredictable even if the preparation is not, but slaughtering children? That is on you, you Flat-Butted, High-Waist Jeaned, Aqua Net-Addled Antiquated Asshole.

*'this' being ERCOT and the Great Freeze Off of 2021.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2