Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

1 hour ago, TheBoots said:

I highly doubt Herman wants anything to do with the Columbus dumpster fire, let alone start the fire. 

Why? 

Because in 2014, Herman was OC at tOSU - thus the immediate supervisor of WR coach Smith.   Herman didn't leave Columbus for Houston until December 15 of 2014. 

In one of McMurphy's most recent postings, he details text messages throughout 2014 about Smith's "infidelity and continued abuse" of Courtney.  

Herman was there for 2012-2014.  Did he report this stuff to Meyer? Who knows. He is neck deep in it whether he likes it or not. 

no Boots, he's not because on DAY ONE of this crisis last month Courtney Smith said she didn't tell anyone about "the abuse" until 2015.

just like the calendar says the "disputed" WR recruit came 2 years later.

time does not run backwards in jortville.

we have a new firestorm weapon here on the surl that we never had in our prior environment.

time to die.

• Like 1

Herbstreit comment on this cesspool yet other than the obligatory "reserve judgement until this plays out", a stance he's never taken when the drama didn't involve his team?  Or is he at home quietly sobbing into his Urban Meyer plush pillow.  

4 hours ago, Deej said:

The old "my ex was crazy" bit usually means you were the problem. Unless you're Bolverk.

I dunno.  My one day my ex would not stop following me around the house cursing me, and then threw a glass of ice water (mostly ice) in my face with a "Fuck you!" when I said she was acting crazy.   I grabbed both her arms to restrain her from throwing the glass and told her never to do that again. 

I have no doubt that as fair skinned as she is, she would have been able to take a photo right after - showing where I grabbed her (as evidence for the cops or to show her friends). 

So, maybe...  But it is true that abusers always blame the victims for making them angry.

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

You can't tell a side to chill when the other side is throwing out false accusations in an attempt to deflect responsibility on their part and to potentially undermine another program. The concerns of Zach being an abusive piece of shit go back to 2009 in Florida, and yet Urban decided to make him a part of his new staff at Ohio State. 

Yeah.  On reflection, the Herman-Meyer aspect makes this one not so much a chill scenario.  But as 99% of the news is from self interested parties, it still makes sense to wait to go all-in on some of the allegations

• Like 1

I dunno.  My one day my ex would not stop following me around the house cursing me, and then threw a glass of ice water (mostly ice) in my face with a "Fuck you!" when I said she was acting crazy.   I grabbed both her arms to restrain her from throwing the glass and told her never to do that again. 
I have no doubt that as fair skinned as she is, she would have been able to take a photo right after - showing where I grabbed her (as evidence for the cops or to show her friends). 
So, maybe...  But it is true that abusers always blame the victims for making them angry.

You ex threw a glass at you then you stopped her from throwing a glass?

A nutty girl I knew who was friends with my future wife and didn’t like me. She tried to slap me, I caught her hand, she tried with the other I caught the other. I nudged her on to the bed behind her turned and left. The roommate said the nutty girl planned on showing my future wife I was abusive to women. I did not hold a grudge and do not. I didn’t make any demands on the my wife regarding her. No bruising. Nutty chic actually came around and realized I wasn’t like the men she had grown up around. I felt sad for her more than anything. It is not hard to be a man, or to have principles. Your coach is a horrible person.

And shifting this on Texas just demonstrates that your fan base continues to live up to its reputation. Scoreboard.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

Focus on the source. Ignore the problem. Ignore the people who ignored the problem.

Focus on the source. Who was the source?

Completely fucking ridiculous...

I heard the source could be Jimbo and his ex wife. She’s been blowing student athletes for years gathering intel on all the top coaching staffs from those students. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

And shifting this on Texas just demonstrates that your fan base continues to live up to its reputation. Scoreboard.

Are you drunk?    NTTAWWT.    I'm not shifting any of - whatever "this" is - on Texas.   All I'm saying is that everyone seems to be lying or telling half truths, and I have no way of knowing what to believe out of the many shoddy blog authors posing as journalists.     

But I'm definitely gonna watch the next time the Buckeyes and Texas play.

22 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Are you drunk?    NTTAWWT.    I'm not shifting any of - whatever "this" is - on Texas.   All I'm saying is that everyone seems to be lying or telling half truths, and I have no way of knowing what to believe out of the many shoddy blog authors posing as journalists.     

You seem awfully uptight that retro-Urban negligence hate is headed your way from UF days.

It's funny.

People with the biggest reason to lie reside in Ohio. That Herman has been pulled in to this is insane, like it somehow validates a piece of shit assistant coach beating the crap out of his wife, and Urban Meyer lying to cover it up.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

If that were true, I should retro negligence hate all of your burnt orange asses for giving us Coach Boom.

Good thing mine is Scarlet and Black...  Yeah we hate aggy too,.

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

So what lies or half-truths has Texas told? This entire thing has nothing to do with Texas other than a lie told by someone covering for Ohio State. Your attempts to act like homerism has anything to do with this from Texas fans are laughable. Texas has nothing to do with it.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So what lies or half-truths has Texas told? This entire thing has nothing to do with Texas other than a lie told by someone covering for Ohio State. Your attempts to act like homerism has anything to do with this from Texas fans are laughable. Texas has nothing to do with it.

This x1000. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Than I was not clear Huck. 

I was referencing the shit show of Courtney' and Zach's family accusing each other, and the various "sources" saying Herman was/was not the tipster.   I'm not saying that Texas did shit.  But because somebody on team couch burners accused Herman of starting this mess, lots of folks on here are buying every story negative to Ohio State and Urban they read.  Just like many Buckeyes fans believe question Courtney's  motives, or that she invented most of it to take down Urban and her hubs.

The journalism so far has been wretched, and that is a stone fact.     We'll see how it turns out.   But Texas as an institution or its coach being the cause of this ?   I did not mean to infer that Texas had anything to do with it.

22 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I was referencing the shit show of Courtney' and Zach's family accusing each other, and the various "sources" saying Herman was/was not the tipster.   I'm not saying that Texas did shit.  But because somebody on team couch burners accused Herman of starting this mess, lots of folks on here are buying every story negative to Ohio State and Urban they read.  Just like many Buckeyes fans believe question Courtney's  motives, or that she invented most of it to take down Urban and her hubs.

The journalism so far has been wretched, and that is a stone fact.     We'll see how it turns out.   But Texas as an institution or its coach being the cause of this ?   I did not mean to infer that Texas had anything to do with it.

Huck is the quickest pedant in the west. Sometimes, in order to be the champ, you have to go ready, pedant, aim. 

• Like 1

If this was “scent of a woman”, Herman would be Charlie Simms and Texas would be frank Slade.   , the big 10 would be Mr Trask.  Urban would be George Willis and his father would be Ohio State administration.   A&M would somehow be cousin Randy.   BecAuse.  

35 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I would say the journalism outside of McMurphy's could be considered wretched, especially Jeff Snook's, but the original reporting was spot on. McMurphy asked Meyer at a press conference about the abuse allegations and then McMurphy provided proof that Urban Meyer lied to him during the press conference. McMurphy's evidence has been spot on, unless you want to get into conspiracy theory land and say the McMurphy created his evidence.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If this was “scent of a woman”, Herman would be Charlie Simms and Texas would be frank Slade.   , the big 10 would be Mr Trask.  Urban would be George Willis and his father would be Ohio State administration.   A&M would somehow be cousin Randy.   BecAuse.  

Who would be Gabrielle Anwar in your revision?

18 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

I would say the journalism outside of McMurphy's could be considered wretched, especially Jeff Snook's, but the original reporting was spot on. McMurphy asked Meyer at a press conference about the abuse allegations and then McMurphy provided proof that Urban Meyer lied to him during the press conference. McMurphy's evidence has been spot on, unless you want to get into conspiracy theory land and say the McMurphy created his evidence.

Actually, he has shown questionable ethics, with numerous edits of his posts after the fact, with no attribution that the post was edited.   The biggest example being his post that Zach was arrested for domestic violence.  Then he changed it to something like investigated .   And so the comment by Urban, per the Buckeye version, was Urban denying the McMurphy story that that Urban knew of an arrest for domestic violence (rather than an accusation by his now ex-spouse).    Then there is the fact that McMurphy reported that Zach had caused a problem - and an officer had to intervene in his dropping his son off at his wife's home.   Turns out, it was not a violation, but some cop with the redass, mad at him for not obeying the cop telling him that he could not do that.  Cops do not trump Domestic Court orders.     So this is a cluster fuck of reporting any way you look at.  

Was  Urban replying to a statement about McMurphy's story of an arrest?   I have no idea.   But no matter who you believe, if Urban did not report what he knew when he should have, his ass needs to be gone.   Think what you want, but I'd be hesitant to bet on McMurphy's veracity with real money.    He's trying to be the guy who uncovered a scandal and who got Urban fired, and to make bank on a better job.....or at least more clicks.

• Fuck You 6

But Snook said he was confirming with his source....then later said his source confirmed it. Is that not enough to make it true? 

For the record, I am waiting on confirmation from my source that Jeff Snook is a pederast and served 6 months in Chino for exposing himself to an eight-year-old. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TheBoots said:

I highly doubt Herman wants anything to do with the Columbus dumpster fire, let alone start the fire. 

Why? 

Because in 2014, Herman was OC at tOSU - thus the immediate supervisor of WR coach Smith.   Herman didn't leave Columbus for Houston until December 15 of 2014. 

In one of McMurphy's most recent postings, he details text messages throughout 2014 about Smith's "infidelity and continued abuse" of Courtney.  

Herman was there for 2012-2014.  Did he report this stuff to Meyer? Who knows. He is neck deep in it whether he likes it or not. 

Maybe you should read the whole story you stupid fuck aggy troll. 

25 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Think about the differences here:

Brett McMurphy is a sports journalist who broke this story and backed it up with photos, text message screenshots, and facts. He’s done actual investigative journalism. Every time the tOSU camp tries to downplay the situation, McMurphy comes in hard with legit info to the contrary. As far as sources go, it’s entirely possible that Courtney Smith or someone close to her is his source.

Jeff Snook is a tOSU grad fanboy posing as a journalist, who first attempted to discredit the victim by writing a story about her mom (Tina Carano) siding with Zach. This angle is later undermined by screenshots of text messages between Tina and Zach where Tina accuses Zach of basically everything he’s allegedly done. Jeff Snook then drops a tweet about Tom Herman being the source, but in over 24 hours, Snook has done nothing to back up this claim. It’s a desperate smear attempt with no basis in reality. If Herman is the source, then please explain how Tom Herman provided screenshots of all these text messages and of Courtney’s injuries. We’re waiting, Jeff.

One of these guys is a journalist. One of these guys is a fraud.

This is why the "look over there" tactic of fanboi Snake, I mean Snook, is hilarious.  Who the fuck cares who "tipped" McMurphy of the possible issues around the Smiths.  The fact is there were long standing issues and Courtney Smith decided to work with McMurphy, it's how he has copies and screenshots of all the emails and texts from her phone.  If the mouthbreathers really feel Courtney Smith's motivation behind exposing this information now is b/c of some vendetta against the Meyers or her ex-husband, then this information was going to come out somehow and some way.  It really doesn't need a "tipster".  It simply needed a match to light the fuse.  This most likely was the criminal trespassing citation he was given in May.

The blame game is in full effect and the crazy couch burners are looking for anything and anybody to cling to in order to save their foosball corch.  Meyer's a known liar to the media and it's been known since Florida, probably beforehand.

As somebody wise once said, “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”

The fact is, Meyer has always had honesty issues. I still remember when he left UF and Gators legend and NFL Hall-of-Famer Jack Youngblood ripped Meyer, whom, at the time, Youngblood considered one of his best friends.

“Very much so,” said Youngblood when I asked him then if he felt Meyer had been disingenuous. “When somebody tells me something to my face confidentially, I expect it to be the truth. When it turns out to not be the truth, that doesn’t sit you very high on my Christmas card list — put it that way.”

When Meyer coached the Gators, some of us in the state media used to have a saying: “Urban will say whatever he needs to say to get him through the next five minutes of the press conference — no matter if it’s true or not.”

Sadly, this is why Meyer is in the predicament he’s in. If he had just told the truth at the press conference during Big Ten Media Days a couple of weeks ago, he wouldn’t be on administrative leave and would be in relatively good standing as the coach of the Buckeyes. 

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-urban-meyer-steve-spurrier-gators-buckeyes-honesty-ohio-state-20180810-story.html

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Actually, he has shown questionable ethics, with numerous edits of his posts after the fact, with no attribution that the post was edited.   The biggest example being his post that Zach was arrested for domestic violence.  Then he changed it to something like investigated .   And so the comment by Urban, per the Buckeye version, was Urban denying the McMurphy story that that Urban knew of an arrest for domestic violence (rather than an accusation by his now ex-spouse).    Then there is the fact that McMurphy reported that Zach had caused a problem - and an officer had to intervene in his dropping his son off at his wife's home.   Turns out, it was not a violation, but some cop with the redass, mad at him for not obeying the cop telling him that he could not do that.  Cops do not trump Domestic Court orders.     So this is a cluster fuck of reporting any way you look at.  

Was  Urban replying to a statement about McMurphy's story of an arrest?   I have no idea.   But no matter who you believe, if Urban did not report what he knew when he should have, his ass needs to be gone.   Think what you want, but I'd be hesitant to bet on McMurphy's veracity with real money.    He's trying to be the guy who uncovered a scandal and who got Urban fired, and to make bank on a better job.....or at least more clicks.

He was given a criminal trespass warning and violated it. He admitted he violated it, he admitted Courtney told him not to come to her house to drop off the kid, he went anyway. She took a picture of him at the house. Where are you getting this "cop told him something and he didn't listen" crap from? Cops can't give people criminal trespass warnings without a request from the home/business owner. I've also never seen a court order that said the kids have to be dropped off at the home only. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

This is a seriously hot take man.

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games