Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

I could be wrong, but I believe Saban has better control of his business. He is still a snake oil guy, just not in the same way as Urb. Saban will cut loose a guy that is cancerous believing he can find someone else just as good. But I could be full of shit too.

No, that's accurate 

7 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

Ohio State is so stupid Lulz.  Urban is now the big rock tied to their foot and they just jumped in a lake. 

Ohio State is now TOXIC

Now?  That's cute. Always have been. Woody out front should have told you. 

39 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

It warms my heart to see some in this thread still thinking this is going to hurt OSU somehow. I honestly didn't think there were still dreamers out there, but bravo. No, Urbs will be the same Urbs, Ohio State will still pull in top 3 recruiting classes every year, and lose no more than one game a year.

Sheeeit, Urbs actually can still negative recruit half the Big 10. At least OSU didn't molester kids or kill players. 

Today is a media generation. This hurts and will continue to hurt whether old people get that or not.  

Not sure how you negatively recruit against guys who are no longer involved in other programs. Way easier to negatively recruit against a group who is still in charge of their program. All that has to be said is read their own report... that's the known which is bad enough... I don't even want to bring up the stuff that is being tucked away... etc.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

13 minutes ago, PR7 said:

Maybe its from watching a year investigation into Russian meddling, but after seeing this investigation into Ohio State, I feel like not enough was done. How do you cap an investigation at two weeks? 

Week 1: determine what evidence exists that you would prefer not exist and allow ample time for that evidence to stop existing. 

Week 2: perform investigation.  Write report citing lack of sufficient evidence or documentation as reason for having to take Urb's word for tons of unlikely shit.  Release report and present yourselves as moral giants who weren't afraid to dig up the dirt and hand out extreme punishments like sitting out game day (but not practice week) against meaningless non conference opponents.

I think that's how. 

1 hour ago, HuskiesHorns said:

do most people really keep old messages on their phones?

I must have ocd or something, I wipe my phone monthly with cleaner apps.

Do you have memory issues due to medication, urban does (according to the report)? If you are deleting messages from your phone it would probably be a good practice to keep them somewhere to help you recall or prompt your memory...just saying.

I think that it's pretty remarkable that that:

1.  The investigation found that Urban immediately asked someone for help in wiping his phone after the first McMurphy report.

2.  The investigation intimated that it didn't believe Meyer's contention that he never talked to his wife about the texts she had received.

3.  The investigation found that Meyer did not tell Gene Smith about the 2009 incident when he notified him of the 2015 incident.

4.  The investigation found that Meyer lied when he told them that he met with Zach and Courtney after the 2009 incident.  (They had to; Zach told them that he didn't.)

Yet, the press conference basically opened with the Trustees saying:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

1.  The investigation found that Urban immediately asked someone for help in wiping his phone after the first McMurphy report.

2.  The investigation intimated that it didn't believe Meyer's contention that he never talked to his wife about the texts she had received.

3.  The investigation found that Meyer did not tell Gene Smith about the 2009 incident when he notified him of the 2015 incident.

4.  The investigation found that Meyer lied when he told them that he met with Zach and Courtney after the 2009 incident.  (They had to; Zach told them that he didn't.)

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Trust me, nothing to see here! I know the Smith family personally so I dont wanna say too much. But know this, theres more to this story than the BOT wanted to say. They didnt wanna drag Courtney thru the mud revealing her secrets. Zach wanted to make sure of that, so he fell on his sword and stayed fired for Courtney and the kids. Pill amnesia is a really evil affliction, dont discount Coach’s medical issues. Its not a joking topic. Just funny to me that all this innuendo was brought to light by a jealous ex and pure hearsay.- Hamm/Looch/Snook love child

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Good post. This is a damning juxtaposition.

Some national coverage of the traveshamockery:

USA Today:  Ohio State's report on Urban Meyer investigation raises questions about text message history
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/08/23/ohio-state-report-urban-meyer-text-history-concerning/1070656002/

ESPN: News conference shows Urban Meyer still doesn't get it
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24450171/urban-meyer-press-conference-ohio-state-buckeyes-sets-wrong-tone

WAPO: How Urban Meyer dodged facing questions about worst parts of Ohio State investigation findings
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/08/23/how-urban-meyer-dodged-facing-questions-about-worst-parts-of-ohio-state-investigation-findings/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2ca4997f3954

7 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Trust me, nothing to see here! I know the Smith family personally so I dont wanna say too much. But know this, theres more to this story than the BOT wanted to say. They didnt wanna drag Courtney thru the mud revealing her secrets. Zach wanted to make sure of that, so he fell on his sword and stayed fired for Courtney and the kids. Pill amnesia is a really evil affliction, dont discount Coach’s medical issues. Its not a joking topic. Just funny to me that all this innuendo was brought to light by a jealous ex and pure hearsay.- Hamm/Looch/Snook love child

Uh huh.

Just going to leave this here... one text from Meyer's phone that wasn't "purged"...

One text that did survive the purge came from Meyer’s wife Shelley on the night Zach Smith was fired. “I am worried about Zach’s response,” Shelley Meyer wrote to her husband at 7:35 p.m. on July 23, 2018. “He drinks a lot and I am just not sure how stable he will be. Afraid he will do something dangerous. It’s obvious he has anger/rage issues already.”

8 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Some national coverage of the traveshamockery:

USA Today:  Ohio State's report on Urban Meyer investigation raises questions about text message history
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/08/23/ohio-state-report-urban-meyer-text-history-concerning/1070656002/

ESPN: News conference shows Urban Meyer still doesn't get it
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24450171/urban-meyer-press-conference-ohio-state-buckeyes-sets-wrong-tone

WAPO: How Urban Meyer dodged facing questions about worst parts of Ohio State investigation findings
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/08/23/how-urban-meyer-dodged-facing-questions-about-worst-parts-of-ohio-state-investigation-findings/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2ca4997f3954

You forgot this one:

Jeff Snook:  Ohio State investigation vindicates Urban Meyer; names him most handsome man in Ohio.

https://www.snookgarglesurbansballs.com

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

1m5k7r.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

You mean secrets like Urbans wife sleeps with players and there is a code word the other coaches use to come pick them up?

Is this serious?

Put me down in the camp of "this won't mean much after a few weeks" unless McMurphy has more ammo.  Not because Tat State isn't shit incarnate, or because Urby isn't a shitbag of the highest order  who hates battered women and anyone who DARES to interfere with his holy mission, but because after some canned self-chest beating and head bowing, the ESPN's and others who cover college football will move on to the "excitement" of the playoff race. The only hope is that Tat U. loses 3-4 games and once out of the playoff race, the only interesting press for them would be this stuff. It's possible, especially if TCU can fuck them up, but that'll be about it.  The sports press just won't let itself hammer this the right way, they'll make some bogus bullshit statements about how "we all wish the best for the victims" and shit like that, and then stop talking completly about the toxic Ohio State culture.

Plus we have Maryland coming up, in whose case the coach almost certainly will go, along with the AD and maybe even the President, and that'll be worse and therefore make Urby look mild by comparison (not in reality, in idiots' perceptions).  And it'll be Ohio State shitbag fans screaming the loudest about how "terrible" a real toxic culture like Maryland is, while their coach is probably back in his office plotting how to fuck up Courtney Smith some more, along with his wife giving advice on how to do it.

But yeah, it was foreordained that based on all the evidence brought forth, that the Ohio State Idiot Committee had enough room to George Orwell this one into fake reality.  And now he just walks past the graveyard, angry about nothing really more than he has to go through this (remember, "I'm sorry we're in this situation"), i.e. "Man, killing that dude ad eating his inner organs has resulted in a diffcult and trying ordeal for me, but I'll see it through!"

But this will go away unless more comes out, and even so, like the Japanese in 1945, he won't fucking surrender until the 3rd or 4th nuke is dropped.  Only there probably aren't any more.

The next time, however, I see any of those bullshit PSA's during a game on Ohio State (or 80% of most college teams) touting "character" or some other bullshit "change the world if you go here" I'll throw a fucking shoe (no, make it nerf ball, I don't wanna destroy 25 TV's this football season).

College football is full of hypocrisy, retard-level people running and coaching it, and the moral character of Saron.  And it won't change until the fundamental structure changes, if ever.   But nah, this won't make much of a dent after everyone gets their critiques out and moves along nicely.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Lulz. "It was my pills" is the new "I have a heart condition."

Investigation report: "We learned Coach Meyer has sometimes had significant memory issues in other situations where he had prior extensive knowledge of events. He has also periodically taken medicine that can negatively impair his memory, concentration & focus".

I had to copasta to plain text to make it easier to quote.

What are/were "the other situations"???

What "medicine" is taken "periodically"???

What is the periodicity of taking said "medicine"???

Why was said "medicine" prescribed???

Who is "we" and how did "they" "learn" of this???

Which "events" are they talking about???

What was the "extensive knowledge" of those "events"???

Who writes this shit?  Urb's lawyer?

This is beyond farcical.

Unbelievable.

Good luck policing the gameday signs.

9 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Investigation report: "We learned Coach Meyer has sometimes had significant memory issues in other situations where he had prior extensive knowledge of events. He has also periodically taken medicine that can negatively impair his memory, concentration & focus".

Seems like you wouldn't want someone with that condition in charge of your football program. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I mean, wow. Ohio St must think everyone is fucking stupid to believe those lies. Or they simply do not care. 

They just gave every university the ammo to nevative recruit the crap out of them.  

They saw what happened to Baylor and know they just need to ride this out until football starts and something else happens.

Urb is a fucking piece of shit. Look I get it, he can coach football. He may even possess some redeeming qualities that I know nothing about.

However, when you consult a staff member for instructions on how to delete text messages on your company phone. An action in of itself is that is incriminating. And depending on the language in his contract could be construed as failure to adhere to his personal conduct clause. And is an obvious attempt at a cover up.

Failure to disclose to your boss that you not only have a current employee undergoing treatment. But, is also receiving outpatient care from a source outside the university’s umbrella and oversight.

A supposed condition that may or may not have been diagnosed by a real doctor that involves memory loss that he takes medication for. That based on what we know apparently never appears to impact him while on the football field coaching his team.

And where the fuck is the NCAA? Guys who have sold their own shit have received far harsher punishments then this asshole got for enabling a culture of abuse, lying, and cover up.

3 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Urban and tOSU getting absolutely raked over the coals on ESPN First Take this morning.  May be the first time I agree with them on that show.  Paul Finnebaum called Urban an arrogant fraud and a liar.  

What a piece of shit coach and school.

I can't wait to watch that fake fuck Herbie's soliloquy on the first Gameday of the year. And I hope he's chastised to no end. 

Is Meyers’ pharmacist Gob Bluth?  Seems like he’s been taking a lot of forgetmenot pills.

Player who is like a son to him: “I won’t forget this, Coach!” 

Urban (mumbling whilst throwing his head back to dry swallow the memory pill): “I will.” 

8 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

I can't wait to watch that fake fuck Herbie's soliloquy on the first Gameday of the year. And I hope he's chastised to no end. 

Herbie is the classic definition of a toadie. And let’s be honest, it has served he and his family well. However he will under no circumstance construct an individual thought without “running it through the big guy” first. But the good looks, smile, keen wit, etc. Is just window dressing. Get His ass away from the cameras and reporters and he becomes the same type of individual. 

Not to mention his greatest accomplishment which was sitting on the GameDay set for years eating SEC cock when we all knew exactly how he truly felt.

• Like 1

Finebaum is still being critical of UM but I’m pretty sure that wingnut also said last night that he thought the university did a good job, no they fucking didn’t you dumbass. Also, it was mentioned a few pages back but Herbie calling Texas a cesspool after a losing head coach was fired but being far less critical of this kind of bullshit is unbelievable. He needs to be publicly flogged. Fuck that piece of shit too.

• Like 3