Ted Cruz is a piece of shit

Ehhh not cool fucking with the restaurant like that
If the GOP can allow school children to become collateral damage in their deference to gun lobbyists, I can stomach this restaurant taking a few hits from the other side.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Not to brag or anything, but Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) knows better than to let a mass shooting in his state keep him from going to the National Rifle Association’s convention in Houston three days later.

“I thought it was important to be there,” Cruz said during his podcast on Thursday. “I was disappointed to see so many others make the decision not to be there.”

The senator complained that the NRA was being treated unfairly in the wake of the elementary school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, which left 19 kids and two adults dead.

“The media and the Democrats, they want to label anyone who believes in the Second Amendment, anyone who defends the Second Amendment, as responsible for this horrific crime, and the NRA in particular is probably their favorite boogeyman,” he said.

The Texas Republican also mentioned talking to ex-president Donald Trump at the convention and expressing his deep gratitude and appreciation that the former president hadn’t dropped out either.

“I said, ‘Look, it was important that you came, it was important that you didn’t back out. Thank you for being here,’” Cruz recounted. “And he of course agreed.”

The senator also described their bro time as a bonding session over how brave they were (and the others who dropped out weren’t) for being at the event.

“He had, let me just say, some choice words for some of the folks who chose not to be there,” Cruz said fondly of the man who once called his wife ugly.

That Trump apparently bashed the no-shows during his chat with Cruz isn’t much of a surprise: The ex-president opened his speech by bragging to the audience, “Unlike some, I didn’t disappoint you by not showing up.”

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) had announced on the eve of the convention that he would no longer be attending in-person, and sent a pre-recorded video address to the conference instead.

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) followed Abbott’s lead the next day and dropped out several hours before he was slated to appear at the convention.

Cruz’s fellow Texas senator, Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), also ditched the event, as did Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX). However, both lawmakers stated that they had already cancelled their appearances before (and in Crenshaw’s case after) the shooting due to scheduling conflicts.

• Rage+1 2

17 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Poker after Dark with MrBeast and Ted Cruz.

Cruz doesn't play a hand until like halfway through the video, and earlier he folded JT suited on the button with no raise in front of him. God I hate him.

Fuck you, Ted. I fast forwarded and randomly found him talking about Canadian youth hockey and someone’s “thesis” and quit. Fucking jackass. Shut the fuck up and play cards.

Was that even real?

19 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

maybe we should harden the doors of ted cruz's office.  with cement.  while he's stuck inside.  just a suggestion.

Not like that fat tub of shit would ever be there.

Double post, but I hate that fucker so much I’m leaving it here.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Every time I see a photo of Cruz where you can see his 1992 class ring from Princeton, I'm reminded of how much he's just like a regular blue-collar Texan.

He's Canadien touting American gun rights.  Let that sink in for all the birthers out there.  

• Like 2

On 5/24/2022 at 8:44 PM, F250 said:

This the dumbest non-fucking answer for so many reasons. My biggest issue with it is that it cedes elementary schools to potential gun violence. Rather than address the many flaws in our gun laws chuckle fuck says "meh, we will just put cops in schools to shoot it out around the elementary kids." I'm not even going to go into the ridiculousness of funding or even worse using fucking armed volunteers. 

This is a ridiculous solution and people repeating it should be mocked for their stupidity. It's essentially a Ralph Wiggum response. Cruz might as well have just said "my asshole makes noise when wind comes out of it."

Except that armed officers have no duty to protect our children.  Their one and only goal is to make it home safe.

What we ought to do is take all the secret service agents and put them in schools.  No more protection for politicians. 

See how they like that idea.  Let them experience life without a security detail.  Cowards

• Hook 'Em 6

Except that armed officers have no duty to protect our children.  Their one and only goal is to make it home safe.
What we ought to do is take all the secret service agents and put them in schools.  No more protection for politicians. 
See how they like that idea.  Let them experience life without a security detail.  Cowards

According to John Oliver, the armed officers have stopped 1 shooting. More shootings were stopped by unarmed teachers and staff.

Parkland cop is the rule not the exception.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

According to John Oliver, the armed officers have stopped 1 shooting. More shootings were stopped by unarmed teachers and staff.

Parkland cop is the rule not the exception.

ALL OF THIS.

The myth of "a good guy with a gun" isn't just a myth, it's a purposeful lie told to manipulate the outcome.  They point to the literal handful of cases where an armed presence made a difference.  The reality is that in almost all active shooter situations, unarmed victims responding with aggression are the much more reliable way to end things.  See the Laguna Woods shooting just a few weeks ago (yeah, yet another recent one that has already fallen out of the headlines):

The man charged with opening fire on a Taiwanese church congregation of mainly elderly people in Southern California wanted to "execute in cold blood as many people in that room as possible," a prosecutor said Tuesday in announcing murder, attempted murder and other charges for the shooting that killed one person and wounded five.

Orange County District Attorney Todd Spitzer referred to David Chou, 68, as a monster whose rampage was thwarted by the heroic actions of a doctor who charged at him, a pastor who hit Chou with a chair and several parishioners who tied him up until police arrived.

"This monster crafted a diabolical plan to lock the church doors with his victims inside in order to lead what he thought were innocent lambs to slaughter," Spitzer said. "But what he didn't realize was the parishioners at the church that day weren't lambs — they were lions and they fought back against the evil that tried to infiltrate their house of worship."

The best way to stop mass shootings (and hell, all other shootings) is measures that prevent them from happening at all.  Which must include additional restrictions on the ownership/possession of firearms.  Which are absolutely constitutional.  Don't ask me, ask noted libtard commie.......Justice Scalia in his opinion in Heller:

Scalia’s opinion in which he explains that the Second Amendment, “[l]ike most rights, … is not unlimited.” Scalia went on to write:

Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment, nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

ALL OF THIS.

The myth of "a good guy with a gun" isn't just a myth, it's a purposeful lie told to manipulate the outcome.  They point to the literal handful of cases where an armed presence made a difference.  The reality is that in almost all active shooter situations, unarmed victims responding with aggression are the much more reliable way to end things.  See the Laguna Woods shooting just a few weeks ago (yeah, yet another recent one that has already fallen out of the headlines):

The best way to stop mass shootings (and hell, all other shootings) is measures that prevent them from happening at all.  Which must include additional restrictions on the ownership/possession of firearms.  Which are absolutely constitutional.  Don't ask me, ask noted libtard commie.......Justice Scalia in his opinion in Heller:

I'd not read about Laguna. I probably didn't watch any coverage due to slaughter fatique. Great courage there. From wikipedia:

The shooter shot first into the ceiling, with many assuming it was a balloon popping instead of gunfire. Some attendees dropped to the floor and crawled under tables before, an attendee,

John Cheng, charged the shooter and tried to disarm him but was in turn shot and killed.[12][6] 

As the shooter attempted to reload his weapon,[13] Pastor Chang hit the shooter on the head with a chair[11][13] following which several attendees tackled him[13] and then hogtied him with an extension cord[13][14][15] and confiscated two handguns, which were recovered by police.[14][15] After he complained, those holding the shooter down eased up on the force of restraint to allow him to breathe.[16]

Private citizens are more humane dealing with a man who tried to kill them than cops dealing with a petty thief.

RomaVicta's drifting towards radicalization.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'd not read about Laguna. I probably didn't watch any coverage due to slaughter fatique. Great courage there. From wikipedia:

Private citizens are more humane dealing with a man who tried to kill them than cops dealing with a petty thief.

RomaVicta's drifting towards radicalization.

Also, the argument for magazine capacity limitations just continues to make itself for us:

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

As the shooter attempted to reload his weapon,[13] Pastor Chang hit the shooter on the head with a chair[11][13] following which several attendees tackled him[13] and then hogtied him with an extension cord[13][14][15] and confiscated two handguns,

Every pause to reload is an opportunity to stop the event and save lives.  Yeah, every Rambo around here says "it doesn't matter, with minimal training, a shooter can change mags in 1.5 seconds," EVEN if that short timeframe were true, 1.5 seconds is a lifetime.....I can hit you over the head with a chair in 1.5 seconds.

Yet we continue to argue that limiting mag capacity, requiring more frequent pauses to reload, wouldn't do anything.  We are on an express train of stupidity, headed for the canyon of suicide, having blown up the bridge of all rational thought......or some metaphor-ish shit like that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Every pause to reload is an opportunity to stop the event and save lives.  Yeah, every Rambo around here says "it doesn't matter, with minimal training, a shooter can change mags in 1.5 seconds," EVEN if that short timeframe were true, 1.5 seconds is a lifetime.....I can hit you over the head with a chair in 1.5 seconds.

As you allude to, reloading in your garage, at the range, or at the weekly gun-nut circle jerk is not the same as doing so while trying to murder a lot of people in closed room.  Nerves, adrenaline, possible moral reservations, and reacting victims do not help keep the hand steady.

The most horribly disciplined killer I saw was the murderer in New Zealand. He was like a machine. A man rushes him from the side and grabs him. The killer so calmly re-orients his weapon to kill the attacker. I'd rather go out like the attacker than the quivering, self-shitting victim I'd probably be.

Nameless heroes seem to abound in many of these events. I recall that in the slaughter at the Colorado cinema, numerous high school boys died shielding their dates. Medal of Honor stuff in war. It's somewhere way beyond sad and alarming that such acts of courage have been called upon in schools, cinemas, discos, and churches. 

edit to add: And Walmarts and grocery stores. Fuck.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

I hate Green Day but now I kind of like them. Trey Cool is a good drummer whether you like the band or not.

That's pretty much me but dates back to 2016.  I'm never going to make any effort to listen to Green Day but there's some things I like about them.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Surprised no one has bumped this thread in wake of the news that Felito banged Boobert and paid for her abortion.

Even though I'm banned from the tweety pages I still get email notifications from them for some reason.  It seems ol' Raphael posts some stupid shit at least three times a day every day.  But ever since the news of his fucking Pine Tree Barbie broke apparently he's been radio silent.  If that's not an admission of guilt, then I don't know what is.

11 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Surprised no one has bumped this thread in wake of the news that Felito banged Boobert and paid for her abortion.

Even though I'm banned from the tweety pages I still get email notifications from them for some reason.  It seems ol' Raphael posts some stupid shit at least three times a day every day.  But ever since the news of his fucking Pine Tree Barbie broke apparently he's been radio silent.  If that's not an admission of guilt, then I don't know what is.

I'd like to say it's too fantastical and far-fetched to be true, but fuck everything about this timeline because it probably is. someone wake me the fuck up!

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'd like to say it's too fantastical and far-fetched to be true, but fuck everything about this timeline because it probably is. someone wake me the fuck up!

Who cares if it's true or not?  Time to get dirty like the GQP and repeat it over and over no matter the validity.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

Who cares if it's true or not?  Time to get dirty like the GQP and repeat it over and over no matter the validity.

oh, I know, and that's the other utterly depressing part of all of this. we are forced to get in the mud with the pigs. hopefully we don't become pigs ourselves

39 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Steve Brule What GIF