¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

CSB: I was at my lease, in an area called Snake Pit (there is a metal sign actually) a few weeks ago mowing and discing for dove season.  Sitting on my SXS, a guy on the lease came up from behind and threw a a snek at two of us.  Grass snake but I didnt know until it hit me and saw it later.  After CPR I was fine. 

9 minutes ago, markstanco said:

CSB: I was at my lease, in an area called Snake Pit (there is a metal sign actually) a few weeks ago mowing and discing for dove season.  Sitting on my SXS, a guy on the lease came up from behind and threw a a snek at two of us.  Grass snake but I didnt know until it hit me and saw it later.  After CPR I was fine. 

Reminds me of Houston. In high school, we would go to a lake in Memorial where there was a floating dock. Some guy thought it was funny to swim along the shoreline and throw snakes at people on the dock. Usually watersnakes but sometimes moccasins. I hated that dude.

• Haha 1

IMG_6587.thumb.jpeg.02a68b34ebb4300d4a71f7334b046e74.jpeg

Been out of town for two weeks but my snek was in the same place only this time when I started taking pictures it decided to cross the street to avoid my ass. Neighbors said it’s been living there at least three years. Based on how often they see it/ it sheds. It avoids the RoadRunner—that lives down the street. 
sorry for picture and video quality.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Been out of town for two weeks but my snek was in the same place only this time when I started taking pictures it decided to cross the street to avoid my ass. Neighbors said it’s been living there at least three years. Based on how often they see it/ it sheds. It avoids the RoadRunner—that lives down the street. 

Cool.  If you ever think of it, you should photograph some water sneks next time you're at Town Lake with another drowning victim.

• Haha 3

Pops was in town for a doctors appointment and wanted to go look for owls on snek road. No owls, but several snakes. Missed on two nerodia and really annoyed the small dick truck that passed us ended up killing a Ratsnake. Yet another cottonmouth…

7aee0e41ec3ca8eadda836d63ff46593.jpg

4a139b6114845d617a793cc1cebf2b3c.jpg

Happened to me the other day. Fucking pricks.
  • Like 1

Yesterday I watched a nerodia grab a pretty big bullfrog right on the edge of the pond. He snuck up slowly underwater without making a ripple, and then grabbed that frog from behind so fast it couldn't even thrash. The only sound was the frog saying "aaaaawwwwwwwwww." The frog tried to kick its big ol legs but snek had him held up where the legs couldn't touch anything. Snek then spent maybe a minute getting the frog mostly in its mouth, then scurried up the bank with head still high, to finish swallowing him in the brush. Pretty wild.

I've now heard several frogs get grabbed by snek and the sound they make is pretty sad/pathetic. Almost like they're saying "Thaat huuurts! He finally got me and it suuuucks"

Edited by texastough
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 8:30 PM, Steel Shank said:

Mowing out back and saw this bad boy. I’m guessing rat snake? Was at least 3 feet long. (It’ll be 7 by the time I tell my buds about it)1d3a014b1683ae776111953e94de19f8.jpg
777b8bcb3565b7596f0faea7f0eb4f20.jpg

On 6/13/2023 at 11:17 AM, Nicole44 said:

23 hours ago, topochico said:

It was cool and overcast this afternoon. I ran across this guy trying to warm up by the creek.

IMG_6544.jpeg

bullsnake

diamond back water snake

garter snake

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...