Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

Kudos to the bus driver in video above but why would she stop and let kids out in that manner?  Wouldn't you stop and let kids off along a curb line / edge of the street?  Only thing I can think of is the driver is an extreme asshole by not only failing to stop for a school bus unloading but also passing on the right in a shoulder or bike lane?  If that's the case, I'm ok with revoking that idiot's driving privileges for life.... or just executing them on the spot. 

I'm paranoid as hell about passing a stopped school bus.  I got a $300 ticket a couple of years ago for not stopping on a 4-lane when a bus was stopped on the opposite curb.  Stop sign was out, totally my bad.

The other day I came up on a school bus stopped and headed in the other direction.  I slowed to a crawl.  Bus lights were flashing but the stop sign wasn't out.  Driver stuck her hand out her window and motioned me to go ahead.  Uhhh . . . maybe?  I ended up taking a video as I drove by (in and of itself a crime).

Who would pass a stopped bus on the right shoulder?  Life in prison, no parole.

• Like 2

Kudos to the bus driver in video above but why would she stop and let kids out in that manner?  Wouldn't you stop and let kids off along a curb line / edge of the street? 

It was the shoulder. The bus doesn't pull onto the shoulder and drop kids off into the ditch or whatever. It stops in the far right lane and ALL traffic must stop. On FB, some lady wanted to complain that the bus was only stopped for 2 seconds which didn't give the car time to stop. WTF? The lights start flashing as the bus is slowing down and then the stop sign goes out. The car following should have been slowing down with the bus and then stopping. Passing on the shoulder would have been illegal if it was just a car and not a bus.

Btw - a bunch of FB idiots were complaining about the kid standing up before the bus stopped and that if he had waited then the car would have been by before the kid ever got to the door. You can't fix stupid.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm paranoid as hell about passing a stopped school bus.  I got a $300 ticket a couple of years ago for not stopping on a 4-lane when a bus was stopped on the opposite curb.  Stop sign was out, totally my bad.

The other day I came up on a school bus stopped and headed in the other direction.  I slowed to a crawl.  Bus lights were flashing but the stop sign wasn't out.  Driver stuck her hand out her window and motioned me to go ahead.  Uhhh . . . maybe?  I ended up taking a video as I drove by (in and of itself a crime).

Posted for jimmyjazz but also good info to know about separated roadways (common knowledge you would think but based on what I see some mornings, not so common):

Sec. 545.066. PASSING A SCHOOL BUS; OFFENSE. (a) An operator on a highway, when approaching from either direction a school bus stopped on the highway to receive or discharge a student:

(1) shall stop before reaching the school bus when the bus is operating a visual signal as required by Section 547.701; and

(2) may not proceed until:

(A) the school bus resumes motion;

(B) the operator is signaled by the bus driver to proceed; or

(C) the visual signal is no longer actuated.

(b) An operator on a highway having separate roadways is not required to stop:

(1) for a school bus that is on a different roadway; or

(2) if on a controlled-access highway, for a school bus that is stopped:

(A) in a loading zone that is a part of or adjacent to the highway; and

(B) where pedestrians are not permitted to cross the roadway.

(c) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $500 or more than $1,250, except that the offense is:

(1) a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $1,000 or more than $2,000 if the person is convicted of a second or subsequent offense under this section committed within five years of the date on which the most recent preceding offense was committed;

(2) a Class A misdemeanor if the person causes serious bodily injury to another; or

(3) a state jail felony if the person has been previously convicted under Subdivision (2).

(d) The court may order that the driver's license of a person convicted of a second or subsequent offense under this section be suspended for not longer than six months beginning on the date of conviction. In this subsection, "driver's license" has the meaning assigned by Chapter 521.

(e) If a person does not pay the previously assessed fine or costs on a conviction under this section, or is determined by the court to have insufficient resources or income to pay a fine or costs on a conviction under this section, the court may order the person to perform community service. The court shall set the number of hours of service under this subsection.

(f) For the purposes of this section:

(1) a highway is considered to have separate roadways only if the highway has roadways separated by an intervening space on which operation of vehicles is not permitted, a physical barrier, or a clearly indicated dividing section constructed to impede vehicular traffic; and

(2) a highway is not considered to have separate roadways if the highway has roadways separated only by a left turn lane.

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Also, are there any ropes or cables that are rated to take shock loads like this?

Any UIAA rated rock climbing rope would be fine for a swing.  The loads on a swing aren't anywhere near the same as those on a direct vertical fall. You can actually take a jump similar to a bungee jump on a good dynamic climbing rope.  Google Dan Osman rope jumps, but then again, he eventually died doing it after his 1000' long rope cut itself.

On 4/15/2019 at 12:30 PM, LonghornJones said:

They don't make cops like they used to.

We used to have a cop who was getting close to retirement. His partner was doin' all kinds of wheels off stuff, but he was a DAMN good cop (he was even tryin to quit smoking.). I think he had a death wish or somethin'. Anyway, the cop who was about to retire was worried his partner was gonna get him killed days before his retirement, and felt he was too old to be doing wheels off stuff. 

Dammit Riggs!

On 5/13/2019 at 2:40 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Okay this triggered a question. if you are on a four-lane divided roadway with a grass median in the middle and the school bus is going the opposite direction and is stopped with sign out and flashers on does the opposite traffic flow have to stop also

34 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We're gonna need to rewash those windows I just shat all over

12 minutes ago, Underdog said:

^ Pray for rain to wash it off. 

An alternate proposal.  Leave it.  Looking at shit on the windows has to be better than looking at the Oklahoma landscape.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hate said:

No.

Thanks thanks, I have an argument with a deputy and a grocery store over that. I figured he was full of s*** but I have not had time to look it up.

On 4/15/2019 at 12:30 PM, LonghornJones said:

WTH?

Edited by SHOOTER12
I'm telling you, the s*** is borked