Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

you-serious.gif

I'm dead serious.

She's right.  Don't you agree?  

Warren started her academic career as a lecturer at Rutgers University, Newark School of Law (1977–78). She moved to the University of Houston Law Center (1978–83), where she became Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in 1980, and obtained tenure in 1981. She taught at the University of Texas School of Law as visiting associate professor in 1981, and returned as a full professor two years later (staying 1983–87). In addition, she was a visiting professor at the University of Michigan (1985) and research associate at the Population Research Center of the University of Texas at Austin (1983–87).[38] During this period Warren used to teach at Sunday School.[39] Early in her career, Warren became a proponent of on-the-ground research based on studying how people actually respond to laws in the real world. Her work analyzing court records, and interviewing judges, lawyers, and debtors, established her as a rising star in the field of bankruptcy law.[40]

Hook 'em, Elizabeth!!!

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Who cares? People have different opinions, let’s have a death bet about it. Fucking stupid. Be an adult and argue your case. Hugo’s case is three rape accusations will prevent his testimony. Aphelion’s case is... he’s a judge? I guess. 

There is no point in debating a mindless repost algorithm.  I follow politics 1/10 as much as he does, but I am confident in my views on the situation and he is not, even though he posts his nonsense with certainty.  I knew he wouldn't take the bet because he also recognizes that he knows nothing.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Settle down, Spock.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you make a similar bet that you never really honored?  

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I'd like to hear more about your thoughts here.  

If the hearing goes forward and Kavanaugh gets his chance, he will testify.   He has said from the beginning that he will testify under oath.  There is no way that he will allow accusations of these types to go unanswered if given the chance.  That would be a guaranteed loss of the SC spot and a complete end to his legal career (which is his life) and his reputation would be ruined.  No way he lets his entire life's work go down the gutter without meeting the accusations.  This is true whether he is innocent or a guilty Trumplike sociopath.  

1 minute ago, Aphelion said:

There is no point in debating a mindless repost algorithm.  I follow politics 1/10 as much as he does, but I am confident in my views on the situation and he is not, even though he posts his nonsense with certainty.  I knew he wouldn't take the bet because he also recognizes that he knows nothing.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you make a similar bet that you never really honored?  

If the hearing goes forward and Kavanaugh gets his chance, he will testify.   He has said from the beginning that he will testify under oath.  There is no way that he will allow accusations of these types to go unanswered if given the chance.  That would be a guaranteed loss of the SC spot and a complete end to his legal career (which is his life) and his reputation would be ruined.  No way he lets his entire life's work go down the gutter without meeting the accusations.  This is true whether he is innocent or a guilty Trumplike sociopath.  

You're confident in your views, but you have no insights.  Who the fuck knows where you get your views.

Whether you "know" he's going to testify or not doesn't matter.  Whether he testifies or not doesn't matter.  It didn't matter whether Briles won games anymore once his fate was sealed.  Like I said earlier, not all Republicans are going to vote for him.  He's toast.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

He still has a lifetime appointment on the DC Circuit

Yes, I'm aware of this.  But (potential) new shit has come to light.  And it might not be prudent going forward for the Honorable Judge to stay in his position with the knowledge that he (and  decisions he has made in the past, and going fowrard) may be tainted in one fashion or another.   Hence, a life preserver might get tossed his way.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

11 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I'm dead serious.

She's right.  Don't you agree?  

Hook 'em, Elizabeth!!!

I think that Liz is a compelling law professor and represents Massachusetts well. But would hardly waste my time patting her on the back. 

Edited by Anastasis

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

Didn't stop him from running and almost winning...

No,  but in the end, he didn’t set the GOP in Alabama back too far.

This has national implications  

The problem for the GOP is that what actually happened is becoming less important than the Republican attitude of “we don’t give a shit what he did, let’s hurry up and get him confirmed before anything else comes out.”

The GOP has forgotten that women vote in large numbers, and that millions have been sexually harassed at school, work, etc. and that’s not even getting into assault. 

23 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

You're confident in your views, but you have no insights.  Who the fuck knows where you get your views.

Whether you "know" he's going to testify or not doesn't matter.  Whether he testifies or not doesn't matter.  It didn't matter whether Briles won games anymore once his fate was sealed.  Like I said earlier, not all Republicans are going to vote for him.  He's toast.  

It is not hard to see if you evaluate from outside an amped up echo chamber.  He has already given statements on the primary accusations under threat of felony perjury.  There is not much additional risk for him to testify again under oath.  There is guaranteed detrimental outcomes if he does not answer the accusations.  

22 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Wait, Kavanaugh was the leader of a sex ring now? You guys have gone full retard. 

Kavangough means yes is going down one way or another. Sorry if that upsets you. Maybe you should go wash your jet ski in the garage to help you feel better.

I truly am sorry and hope you have a good evening despite all that has happened today and is going to happen in the future. Let us know if you need some help dealing with all of it, because we truly know its hard. 

55 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

Your Escriva is showing. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aphelion said:

For someone who argues about language and logic so much, you are displaying very little of it here. How certain are you? 90% 95% 99%? How certain do you think Hugo should be to take the bet? What is his expected utility of you not posting here anymore? (Hint: it's probably pretty low given your low frequency of posting)/ What is his expected utility of him continuing to post? 

Would you accept the same bet from me? If so I will offer that. Permaban for you if he doesn't testify (and in this case, I would hope you agree that if he withdraws, that is the same as refusing to testify), permaban for me if he does. Are you confident?

You know, even if he is confirmed and seated, imagine how much kompromat must be out there on this guy.  The amount of hubris BK has is astounding for him to feel he could do all these sorts of things in HS/College (even document them in yearbooks and such) and even be considered for the SCOTUS, much less seated.

On a sadder note behind all this are those two young daughters of his.  Imagine finding out this way that their dad could have been/still is a monster.   If he comes out of this on the other side with a marriage and anything beyond weekend dad custody, I would be shocked. 

You know, even if he is confirmed and seated, imagine how much kompromat must be out there on this guy.  The amount of hubris BK has is astounding for him to feel he could do all these sorts of things in HS/College (even document them in yearbooks and such) and even be considered for the SCOTUS, much less seated.
On a sadder note behind all this are those two young daughters of his.  Imagine finding out this way that their dad could have been/still is a monster.   If he comes out of this on the other side with a marriage and anything beyond weekend dad custody, I would be shocked. 

Maybe they already know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Special shoutout to the GOP for being too dumb and/or misogynistic to realize that Amy Coney Barrett is the perfect solution to all of their problems.

Hardiman would already be confirmed by now, probably with 55+ votes. 

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Probably more like 60 - when Kavanaugh was nominated the leadership was still trying to defend the process and wanted a pre-McConnell standard confirmation vote. You would have had all the red/purple state Dems up for reelection, plus King, and a couple of others.

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This would have happened with Hardiman too.  This was going to be the Democrat's strategy no matter what white man Trump nominated.  With Barrett they would parade someone out to make accusations of racism or homophobia against her.  There is absolutely no one on planet Earth that Trump would nominate that the Democrats weren't going to go political smear on.

• Fuck You 3