Shit's Borked

RPM

On top of the site: 

[[Template tapatalk/front/tapatalk/tapatalk_smartbanner is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And now gone.  Good work, that was fast. B|

Edited by markstanco

4 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

How am I going to get every imaginable tweet/social media post connected to Longhorn fandom if Machinator's shit is borked? 

It actually works out well for you; I can see my recent posts but others might not be able to notice.

• Like 1

double post borkage is better than not showing up in the recent borkage?

I have reverted basically everything back except lazy loading and the new features for adding images and shit. We are back on elasticsearch for search instead of mysql (which was causing some borks I think)

30 minutes ago, immamac said:

not showing up in the recent borkage?

I'm still seeing it on this board (your most recent post isn't showing up in forum view).

I'm also still seeing the "[[Template tapatalk/front/tapatalk/tapatalk_smartbanner is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]" banner.

7 hours ago, immamac said:

wait people can't leave rep? is this an ongoing issue I just left some rep.

Is there any chance that the comments can come back? Too much liability? Too many clicks? 

Tor only gave you a dot. Still got a dot, but that's it. 

Edit: don't know what you did to fix the All Activity or subscription threads, but it's cool now. 

Edited by cactusflinthead

20 hours ago, immamac said:

agreed - now that you can upload from mobile as a subscriber idk why the fuck you would use tapatalk - I've also enabled RSS feeds so there's legit 0 reason to use it.

I like Tapa because I have an iPhone 7 and Surly/Safari is a PITA because it's small and requires lots of scrolling the screen.

41 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm going to reintroduce Tapa - but it may be on a totally different webhost/server so it doesn't fuck with the main board like it did yesterday.

That's not what was done in the first place? What's the limiting factor on how many boxes/VM's the site runs on? Just computing resources or is the site constrained by the colo facilities it's hosted in? It's a no-brainer to have different hosts serving different interfaces to content so you can modify/adjust configurations without borking everything. 

48 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm going to reintroduce Tapa - but it may be on a totally different webhost/server so it doesn't fuck with the main board like it did yesterday. All the gremlins immediately went away when I uninstalled the plugin.

you're our hero

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

That's not what was done in the first place? What's the limiting factor on how many boxes/VM's the site runs on? Just computing resources or is the site constrained by the colo facilities it's hosted in? It's a no-brainer to have different hosts serving different interfaces to content so you can modify/adjust configurations without borking everything. 

The way that Invision Community works is it wants all the web hosts to be the same config (previous borkage when CSS wasn't the same on the webhosts - solved going to our new setup w/ shared storage) the new borkage is because I updated the version of tapatalk and it doesn't like the current version of IPB. Just kinda dumb how the 2 software companies don't play nice together.

We've got plenty of capacity to just have it off on its own, but the problem is more in the way the software is architected than the infrastructure unfortunately.

Just now, immamac said:

The way that Invision Community works is it wants all the web hosts to be the same config (previous borkage when CSS wasn't the same on the webhosts - solved going to our new setup w/ shared storage) the new borkage is because I updated the version of tapatalk and it doesn't like the current version of IPB. Just kinda dumb how the 2 software companies don't play nice together.

We've got plenty of capacity to just have it off on its own, but the problem is more in the way the software is architected than the infrastructure unfortunately.

Well that sucks ass. Did they stop improving forum software circa 2005 or something? That's such a shitty antipattern for reliability and durability.