Shit's Borked

RPM

2 hours ago, immamac said:

thank the tapatalk people. it's fixed btw. I upgraded a bunch of stuff last night and one of the defaults was set too aggressively and filled up the database server - i was passed out so my alerting (which worked) just didn't wake me up.

(it's not really their fault, i got them to fix it this morning though as a coincidence) 

200.gif

As a devout Tapatalker I decided to give the mobile site a shot. Once you get over a little learning curve it’s actually pretty good, and handles embedded media better. 

The one thing missing is the total post count. As I’m scrolling I have no idea how many more posts are in a thread. Tapa shows the current post number and the total, and allows you to jump to a post or quickly jump pages. I haven’t seen where you can do that on mobile. 

As a devout Tapatalker I decided to give the mobile site a shot. Once you get over a little learning curve it’s actually pretty good, and handles embedded media better. 

The one thing missing is the total post count. As I’m scrolling I have no idea how many more posts are in a thread. Tapa shows the current post number and the total, and allows you to jump to a post or quickly jump pages. I haven’t seen where you can do that on mobile. 

I tried it as well, but it kept automatically playing YouTube vids that I didn’t click on. I’m sure there’s a setting to change, but it was not a good time during a meeting. Embarrassing. Back to tapa.

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

When you tap a rep or quote notification, it doesn’t take you to the relevant post but somewhere down thread, typically around 5 posts away. 

Which server are you on with cookie monster. s92 is acting weird I'm gonna drop it from rotation. 

Not gonna start a thread for this, but in Tapatalk, there are a ton of pinned topics in Football subforum. Any idea why so many show up? Seems excessive or some sort of software glitch going on. Screenshot_20211204-195048.thumb.jpg.2dcee0d7b896c5265116424d091c5cc5.jpg

If you swipe left on the pinned threads you can hide them.

16b5e049d1077bb67b77bc877f8ee7cb.jpg

I discovered that by accident and it’s made my time on the Football board much better.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/3/2021 at 3:26 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

You cant touch imbedded videos while you are scrolling. 

This seems like it’s gotten tremendously more sensitive lately. Scrolling rapidly through some shit-filled thread like the Ewers threads almost always results in unwanted videos playing. I don’t remember that being an issue until a few weeks ago.