Shit's Borked

RPM

2 hours ago, immamac said:

I'm out and will unbork everything later. For now you have to use dark or ips default. Sorry for the inconvenience I didn't think it would bork the entire theme beyond repair. 

Yeah -- I have a lot of trouble reading light text on a black background due to astigmatism. So I almost can't read the site right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

yeah, I'm forcing everyone back to light, dark mode will be available in approximately 5 minutes. Sorry for the fuck up guys I am doing some compliance stuff for california and GDPR since we have decent euro traffic now and I don't want to get fucked. Wasn't expecting a simple change to bork the entire site and theme even after I removed the change. It's fixed now.

How the fuck do we have Euro traffic? I blame Cloak Room.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

And immamac said, “…let there be light.”

And there was light, and it’s much better so thank you for fixing that. 

I have a question about the Privacy thing. If I select OFF does that mean the cookies and tracking are blocked? Cause that’s what I would prefer. Does reject mean the cookies are rejected? 

I can see your eye roll from here, but I am not a computer genius like some of you brilliant people.

18 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

And immamac said, “…let there be light.”

And there was light, and it’s much better so thank you for fixing that. 

I have a question about the Privacy thing. If I select OFF does that mean the cookies and tracking are blocked? Cause that’s what I would prefer. Does reject mean the cookies are rejected? 

I can see your eye roll from here, but I am not a computer genius like some of you brilliant people.

Yes, but it may fuck with your login session and stuff like that. I am not helping or working around people that don't want cookies. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

When in dark mode all is fine.  When in light mode, can't use quote function, can only see hook em rep, can't see inbedded photos.  Using firefox.  

Kind of what seems to be the problem mentioned in prior posts.  Just wanted to let you know it is still going on with me.

I don't believe you. 

Immamac, I’m not sure if you did anything to fix it but tapa seems to be working better than it ever has on Surly. The “unread” page used to only work maybe 10% of the time, but it seems to be working every time now. Thanks even if you didn’t do anything.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

When in dark mode all is fine.  When in light mode, can't use quote function, can only see hook em rep, can't see inbedded photos.  Using firefox.  

Kind of what seems to be the problem mentioned in prior posts.  Just wanted to let you know it is still going on with me.

using firefox right now. It works fine.

34 minutes ago, immamac said:

are you sure you didn't just request desktop site? 

Fixed. Yes I was requesting mobile however I must have butt changed the font size to 50% making the site look exactly like desktop. 

Much love, sorry for the bother 

Surly Main Dark theme master race checking in. All others are inferior.

Thanks Immamac. I did have one request for future functionality. When using the mobile site as an app saved on my phone, I noticed there is no back button. so if I accidentally click a link, like for example accidentally tapping a user name, I don’t see a way to go back to previous page and spot. Not sure if there is room for it, but if possible it would help. 

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Generally speaking on most modern devices if you swipe from the left edge to the right it will just go back especially in an app. What kind of phone are you on?

iPhone and yeah that works, hadn’t even  tried that.