Shit's Borked

RPM

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ok I finally have had it with autoplay videos, and I’ve looked over the site settings and can’t find anything. Is that a site issue, or a stupid iPhone issue and can someone direct me to the correct place to turn it off in either case?

Example of auto playing video?

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So I think I misunderstood the issue. It appears it’s not autoplay, but rather as I thumb scroll down the thread if I touch an embedded video while scrolling, it will play.  This feels like a new issue. 

Gagree. Happening to me too in the last week or two on Safari for iOS 

On 10/3/2021 at 12:01 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

So I think I misunderstood the issue. It appears it’s not autoplay, but rather as I thumb scroll down the thread if I touch an embedded video while scrolling, it will play.  This feels like a new issue. 

Same. On the phone when scrolling down, if my thumb even touches a YouTube video, it starts autoplaying.

On 9/19/2021 at 7:30 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

YouTube embedding has been shitting up here and there for me for a few days. I first noticed it on the day Norm Macdonald died. 

The image looks normal before clicking play, but then shifts to something like this. 

Android/Chrome/S9

Screenshot_20210919-192651_Chrome.jpg

This is still happening for me. 

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

Does it happen incognito or with other browsers? 

It happens in Incognito, and I can't get the site to load in Duck Duck Go or Samsung's bloatware app - wants to force either Chrome or Crapatalk. 

I'm running a super old version of Crapatalk (like 3+ years old at this point? Maybe 5+?) because it's the last version that didn't annoy the ever loving shit out of me, but I haven't had any interest in using it for almost that whole time. 

Screencaps below in case they're somehow useful. 

If I'm the only one who has this issue, or if this is a real stumper, please don't waste your time on this. It's a very minor inconvenience (I can just open it separately if it's something that I really want to watch), plus I'm getting a new phone within the next couple of weeks anyway. 

Screenshot_20211006-195332_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20211006-195514_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20211006-195706.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

LMAO.  I tried to quote SA's post out of habit to say, "This."  

Also when I click the bell for notifications, it doesn't list them out.  When you click the "like" button, hook 'em is the only option, also.  

Edited by slorch