Shit's Borked

RPM

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

What just happened?

Fuck if I know. 99% of the time, I surf/post on Surly using Chrome and in dark mode. At first, it was telling me to change the theme, which I tried to do. After that, I went over to my Firefox browser and it was okay (not in dark mode), then it too fucked up.

I'd actually like to switch back to dark mode because this white hot blazing screen hurts my eyes at night and am afraid it's all going to come tumbling down again, but I'd like to get caught up on a few threads before hitting the hay.

For those still using tapa, I had resisted using mobile because there was a nice scrolling capability on tapa. However I got so sick of tapa’s bullshit I finally switched to the mobile site about two months ago. It’s fine and you get used to the different ui. Do it. It feels good to tell tapa to eff off. 

Edited by Dbeasy

29 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

For those still using tapa, I had resisted using mobile because there was a nice scrolling capability on tapa. However I got so sick of tapa’s bullshit I finally switched to the mobile site about two months ago. It’s fine and you get used to the different ui. Do it. It feels good to tell tapa to eff off. 

Ok, so I’m trying to make the switch over to SurlyMobile, but I want to replicate the subscribed tab from Tapa. I typically just browse the recruiting threads and coaching carousel. But tapa is nice because it lists your subscribed thread and if unread content is there, the thread is bolded. 
Looking at mobile, I’m subscribed to the same threads but cant find where to see it all listed? 
Is that what a stream is?

nb - I suck at this stuff and also huffed paint as a child. 

3 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Ok, so I’m trying to make the switch over to SurlyMobile, but I want to replicate the subscribed tab from Tapa. I typically just browse the recruiting threads and coaching carousel. But tapa is nice because it lists your subscribed thread and if unread content is there, the thread is bolded. 
Looking at mobile, I’m subscribed to the same threads but cant find where to see it all listed? 

Custom activity feed or use this and set as your default. 

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/discover/followed-content/

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

I just use the bell Notifications icon in the menu bar at the bottom. It shows me all my subscribed threads, posts that have quoted mine and posts that have received reactions

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Viper said:

I just use the bell Notifications icon in the menu bar at the bottom. It shows me all my subscribed threads, posts that have quoted mine and posts that have received reactions

The feed "Twitterizes" it into a scrollable auto refreshing thing. 

Yeah, I'm still a fan of Tapa and wish it was fixed.  I don't like the mobile site on an iPhone.  I don't like needing to expand the page to avoid clicking on a poster's profile rather than the forum topic and other things like that. 

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Avid tapa user for years. And I don’t do well with change.

But I’m trying Ringo  I’m trying real hard. 

So far, I’m slowly starting to get it.

This is where I’m at. Tapa always seemed faster and less cluttered but I’ll make do. 

13 hours ago, immamac said:

Yeah tapa is not going to work unless they fix it. I'm done with that shit ass software the mobile site is so much better. 

And how does that get expedited?

Team Tapa here for the reasons Hate and others have stated. With iPhone, it's just more seamless. The mobile site can't seem to remember where I left off in a thread. I'm sure that has been discussed and there is a solution that was openly talked about in all the young people techy talk, but if so, it flew over my head. Not to mention this isn't the only board people peruse. Keeping them all in one satchel is, well, convenient.

thank the tapatalk people. it's fixed btw. I upgraded a bunch of stuff last night and one of the defaults was set too aggressively and filled up the database server - i was passed out so my alerting (which worked) just didn't wake me up.

(it's not really their fault, i got them to fix it this morning though as a coincidence) 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

thank the tapatalk people. it's fixed btw. I upgraded a bunch of stuff last night and one of the defaults was set too aggressively and filled up the database server - i was passed out so my alerting (which worked) just didn't wake me up.
(it's not really their fault, i got them to fix it this morning though as a coincidence) 
Thanks! As a tapa user I really appreciate it. 

• Like 1