Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Man, if only Dicker would have nailed an easy FG and Keontay didnt fumble......

Ifs and buts and such

I have this fantasy where Ingram catches the easy TD against LSU and we beat them, then we run the table from that momentum.

But then, I remember Orlando

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

The program is done barring a hire of Urban, Saban and Dabo.  It is going to take years to recover.  Can't wait to see the faces of management when that sweet revenue dries up.

I for one will cheer wildly and fully participate at the tractor pulls and medieval fests that will be what DKR is used for.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
54 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:
Oh for fucks sake - get it together.  It is as it always has been, if they win the recruits will be there.

Have you seen the 21 and 22 classes currently? The next coach will need players to win, so that more players want to come here. We're currently losing them. This is our concern, dude.

I'll understand if you blocked out what Texas recruiting looked like in Charlie's last few months - those were dark days.  Charlie didn't even bother usually to recruit until October - so by the time it was apparent that there would be no year 4 for Charlie the class was a disaster.  Herman got here in December and put together a transition class (2017) that finished ranked 25th.

And then the next year had the #3 class in the country.

Recruiting can and will turn around quickly if Texas can get in a big name and legitimate recruiter.  And with the transfer portal rosters can turn over quicker than ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I'll understand if you blocked out what Texas recruiting looked like in Charlie's last few months - those were dark days.  Charlie didn't even bother usually to recruit until October - so by the time it was apparent that there would be no year 4 for Charlie the class was a disaster.  Herman got here in December and put together a transition class (2017) that finished ranked 25th.

And then the next year had the #3 class in the country.

Recruiting can and will turn around quickly if Texas can get in a big name and legitimate recruiter.  And with the transfer portal rosters can turn over quicker than ever.

they want blood, not sunshine sir

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

No idea if this is the biggest recruiting meltdown in history, but it is surely the biggest meltdown immediately following a FUCKING WIN.
The level of “we don’t believe in that coach” that these recruits are showing is almost beyond belief.

Recruits are also following Ewers.

6 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

How long must we wait for this firing to take place?

The money is there. Apparently, we are “waiting.” The only source I have (money wise) is telling me we haven’t offered. That’s all I know. Ponying up 18m (on his own and outing him on that) is one thing. Being stupid is apparently UT.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The money is there. Apparently, we are “waiting.” The only source I have (money wise) is telling me we haven’t offered. That’s all I know. Ponying up 18m (on his own and outing him on that) is one thing. Being stupid is apparently UT.

Lol what

23 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

He's probably drunk ass fuck reading this thread hysterically laughing and crying while jerking off. 

I’m guessing there’s cock rings all over his apartment.  He’s probably just trying to choose which one for his celebratory spank off just as soon as Herman’s firing is announced.  

18 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I’m curious what good firing Herman now does except appease bloodthirsty emotional impatient fans?

Let Tom coach the rest of the year while Urban becomes the first $9 million a year recruiter.  In January Urbs slips right into the head coach position with a $2 million raise.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas