Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He inherited Anthony Curl, Norman Watkins, Winfred Tubbs and Robert Reed. Dusty Renfro has to be the best he recruited that played for him.

Forgot about Aaron Humphrey. We're not exactly talking about the mid-80's Bears or Giants largesse at LB.

1 hour ago, Auto Driller said:

The Maryland loss has led us to offseason levels of thread derailment. I fear what’s going to happen if we don’t string together a few wins in the next 5-6 weeks.

Honest question here.

What should happen if Texas, under Tom Herman, does not string together a few wins in the next 5-6 weeks?

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

And don't forget that we gave Curtis Martin's draft stock a nice bump.  That 1994 defense gave up 171 yards per game on the ground.

Donte Womack once put up over 100 yards on our defense. It always seemed like we spotted each RB about four yards before they were in danger of being tackled.

49 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Honest question here.

What should happen if Texas, under Tom Herman, does not string together a few wins in the next 5-6 weeks?

In my case?

Nothing much. I have moved to acceptance for the most part. But every once in a while Texas Football has me thinking it is going to be fun again.

8 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

It makes you wonder was Major Applewhite just miles above Beck as an OC or was Greg Ward just miles better than what we're rolling out with Sam/Shane here. Herm had no problem coaching a damn good offense against OU while at Houston. Just makes me more livid. 

The latter IMO.  Ward was a very underrated QB at UH.  When plays broke down at UH, he could always make yards with his legs and was surprisingly clutch with his throws.  Basically the opposite of Sam.

Tuesday night, still ragey. Our coach is a prick who loses. My son is 9 and he’s never seen a good Texas team in his lifetime. Even in the pits of the 80s and 90s we still had 1990. I’ll let it lie and just shut up, but I’m completely done with Herman. 

1 hour ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

It makes you wonder was Major Applewhite just miles above Beck as an OC or was Greg Ward just miles better than what we're rolling out with Sam/Shane here. Herm had no problem coaching a damn good offense against OU while at Houston. Just makes me more livid. 

Greg Ward is an athletic freak. He made Tom Herman $28.75 million dollars. Also, I’m not sure Tom realized how much teams get up to play us. Houston is the team on the schedule that sneaks up on you. That doesn’t happen here. 

8 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Yeah let’s not pay market for a university of our caliber and see how that works out.

I know that's not possible but it should be heavily incentive based.  

2.4M base

200k for 8 wins

400k for 9 wins

600k for 10 wins

800k for 11 wins

1M for 12 wins

1.2M for 13 wins

1.4M for 14 wins

2M for 15 wins  

800k for conference champ bonus

2 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

I know that's not possible but it should be heavily incentive based.  

2.4M base

200k for 8 wins

400k for 9 wins

600k for 10 wins

800k for 11 wins

1M for 12 wins

1.2M for 13 wins

1.4M for 14 wins

2M for 15 wins  

800k for conference champ bonus

How many wins gets Tom Herman tree-fiddy?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I didn't look it up like some people.

I'm no longer posting on fact rather 100% recollection. Hazy or not.

I thought we Mensa qualified folk supported one another.

Also, why the fuck are we arguing about this again? Is it off season?

Something to bring levity & slow the bickering, is seeing choreographed dancing:

I think things may work themselves out as the season progresses, as the team gets acclimated to the speed that opponents may bring on both sides of the ball...

• Like 2

Tom Herman watches the video below and gets inspired. Damn that crew chief is persistent.  That dude doesn't quit at the first sign of adversity.  He's a leader.  I bet he hugs fatties after he scores a rushing touchdown.  That's the kind of shit I want in my football team. SAM, SAM, where the fuck are you SAM, you're starting again next week!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured this topic