Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:

that pic was a tease i was sent 3 pics in total with the other 2 showing him at the table with :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

i was going to trickle them in throughout the weekend 

but since most of the yt posters here want to act like fuccboi glizzy succers i will sell them to chip brown for $$$ instead of leaking them here 

Yeah Right Reaction GIF by Bounce

57 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

With the money you make can you pitch in to the banner or the buyout?

New glizzys for everyone.

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm not sure that's him. Side burns don't check out. 

Has anyone ever seen Urban Meyer and Urban Meyer in the same room together? I didn't think so.

That's definitely Meyer in HFD's photo. Look at the video posted a little earlier, and stop it 6 seconds in. Profile's the same. Also has a big ass ring on the right hand in both. Who knows when or where that photo is actually from. If you open it in a new tab, it comes up with a twitter icon, but I can't find it in a photo search. It's recent though (masks).

In other words ... I have no idea wtf...

Edited by wood

41 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

@hornfromdallas has been nails with recruitments, from the misses by the staff to the players who actually committed.. He was even right with the grad transfers this summer.  

Yeah, then we found out he's the only person dumb enough to get booted from the recruit group chat after being identified by posts on an anonymous message board.

On 10/14/2020 at 9:56 AM, ztejas said:

I always thought Mandel wasn't an out-of-touch moron but some of those lines have me questioning that. Also, why is he answering from the mailbag regarding Texas from someone in Arlington, Virginia? 

Because Texas takes people from, and sends them off to, places all over the world. That's what being an internationally recognized top tier University means. I've seen Longhorn gear on people as far as Qingdao, China.

Ya dumb fuck.

Anyway, depressing read. Fire Herman. Whatever it takes. Just get rid of him.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Why are some of you getting so worked up over hornfromdallas? Our team is absolute trash - can't block, can't tackle, can't run the the football, and recruiting is in massive decline. Rumor mongering about the next coach is pretty much the only thing interesting left. 

Exactly, everything sucks. Carl has been the most entertaining part of 2020. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I hate to be negative but if he is meeting UT BMDs in such a public place I would think he might be using Texas as leverage.  Was his wife seen house shopping in Austin?

Well let’s say it was in California, at a restaurant. No one would know and Texas BMD’s there anyway.  So it would just appear as a normal dinner.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Well let’s say it was in California, at a restaurant. No one would know and Texas BMD’s there anyway.  So it would just appear as a normal dinner.

Yep. Plus it’s not like they are discussing the finer details.  That’s what agents are for.   The BMD if just letting him on all the side business doors that will open for him. 

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

@hornfromdallas has been nails with recruitments, from the misses by the staff to the players who actually committed.. He was even right with the grad transfers this summer.  

Which ones?  Did he call their commit date?  If you subscribe to IT/OB or any of the other sites you can kind of get an estimate.  Admittedly I don't follow him or anything but even I could've predicted the timing of some of the commits.  

But the "wow you won't believe what I heard" stuff is annoying

• Like 1

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Which ones?  Did he call their commit date?  If you subscribe to IT/OB or any of the other sites you can kind of get an estimate.  Admittedly I don't follow him or anything but even I could've predicted the timing of some of the commits.  

why don't you go take a look at the '21 recruiting thread.. he called the Blackshire/brocks Bama commitments days before it happened.. and in order.  Hell the guy even called BBall prospects..he had a legit in on the GC.. LOL when was the last time OB called something?  Or IT? 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

why don't you go take a look at the '21 recruiting thread.. he called the Blackshire/brocks Bama commitments days before it happened.. and in order.  Hell the guy even called BBall prospects..he had a legit in on the GC.. LOL when was the last time OB called something?  Or IT? 

You didn't know those three were heading to Bama?  You're saying he nailed the exact date or "hey they're gonna commit soon."  I think most of us knew for a long as time all three were Bama bound.  I'll review the thread though.

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Who gives a shit what he called, the very fact he posted something like "I got information that i was just going drib drab out to you over some undefined period of time" makes him a douchebag.  Nobody is paying for this shit, so fuck off with the "look at me shit."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Who gives a shit what he called, the very fact he posted something like "I got information that i was just going drib drab out to you over some undefined period of time" makes him a douchebag.  Nobody is paying for this shit, so fuck off with the "look at me shit."

That's how he got kicked out of the GC in the first place.. he revealed more news.. and it turned out they made that up to find out who the one was leaking it on surly.  Look man, if you get frustrated with it, just hit ignore.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

That's how he got kicked out of the GC in the first place.. he revealed more news.. and it turned out they made that up to find out who the one was leaking it on surly.  Look man, if you get frustrated with it, just hit ignore.

So maybe don't say anything at all. And I ignore nobody.  Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled idiots yearning to breathe free.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

bruh just check my post history you glizzy succer stop trying to downplay my accolades

the proof is there from my first post i had ish the 995ers didnt 

995ers were offering me spots on their sites because i was accurate before they even had it 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

bruh just check my post history you glizzy succer stop trying to downplay my accolades

995ers were offering me spots on their sites because i was accurate before they even had it 

Some of us believe you so spill yo goo fuccboi glizzy gladiator. 

27 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

Yeah, yeah,  great.  You're in the know. Rock solid. 

What DO you know?

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

ok you motherfuckers

i'm on whiskey #2 and I pour 'em deep

my mom died this last week

she fucking hated tom herman

we're asking folks to donate to their favorite charities in her honor/memory, because we're not idiots who'll have a large gathering during covid.

lissenup

the "buy off tom herman and hire urban" fund counts. Do it in her honor. PM me for the official name to donate with, I'm not entirely joking here

Sorry for your loss man...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 7:36 PM, someguy said:

Texas Tribune has the executed version of his original employment contract.  I tried but couldn't find a copy of the extension, but the original contract language should still be helpful.  https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/6848d600da55db1efc9d299a0d4f9d76/Herman_contract.pdf

C. Specific Duties and Responsibilities. In addition to the general duties and responsibilities set out above, the duties and responsibilities assigned to Coach in connection with the Program are set forth below. Coach’s job duties and responsibilities may be reviewed and revised from time to time by the Men’s Athletics Director, provided such duties are reasonable and consistent with duties typical of an intercollegiate head football coach who coaches at an NCAA Division I program. The list of specific duties and responsibilities supplements, and is not exclusive of, other general duties and responsibilities provided for elsewhere in this Agreement. The specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:

Reveal hidden contents

(1) Coach will be responsible for customary coaching decisions including, without limitation, the systems and strategies used on the field (both in practice and actual game play), conduct of practice and training, selection of team members, position, assignment of players, and all other matters relating to the preparation, practice for, and playing of games.

(2) Coach will comply with the academic policies established by the University, the Big 12, and the NCAA. Coach shall maintain an environment in which the pursuit of higher education is a priority as reflected by class attendance, the NCAA academic progress rates (APR), and the NCAA and federal graduation rates.

(3) Coach will ensure that he and his staff and assistant coaches recruit student-athletes who are likely to meet the University and NCAA’s academic requirements.

(4) Coach will work to integrate the student-athletes and team into the whole spectrum of academic life so as to complement the University and its mission.

(5) Coach will oversee all aspects of prospective student-athlete recruiting, including recruiting contacts, evaluations, official and unofficial visits, telephone calls and other communications, and any travel-related activities of prospective student athletes and the Program’s coaching staff.

(6) Coach agrees to cooperate in the scheduling of games for the Program and agrees that the authority for and final decisions on such scheduling are with the Men’s Athletics Director, in consideration of the overall needs of University Athletics.

(7) Coach shall maintain and enforce conduct (both on and off the field), and disciplinary rules and sanctions, fairly and uniformly for all student-athletes in the Program so as to ensure academic and moral integrity while encouraging excellence.

(8) Coach shall adhere to the University’s Athletics department policies and procedures.

(9) Coach has authority and responsibility to make decisions as to the hiring, continued employment, job titles, compensation, and discharge of assistant coaches and all other personnel employed exclusively for the Program. All such decisions will be subject to the prior approval of the Men’s Athletics Director and in accordance with University policies and procedures.

(10) Coach agrees to conduct annual performance evaluations for all assistant coaches and other employees who report to Coach to ensure that such assistant coaches and other employees meet performance expectations and comply at all times with all Governing Athletics Rules and University Rules.

(11) The employees referred to directly above in (9) and (10) will report directly to and be supervised by Coach.

(12) LLC shall cause Coach to cooperate fully with the University in promoting the Program, the Longhorn Foundation, all other fundraising, outreach, and related activities of the University as directed by the Men’s Athletics Director. This includes, but is not limited to: (a) attendance and participation at meetings, events, and media outlets of the University, the Longhorn Network, and other University-affiliated organizations; (b) endorsement of products and performance of promotional services; and (c) personal appearances, in each case as directed by the Men’s Athletics Director, all of which shall be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Professional Services and License Agreement between University and LLC.

(13) For the period that Coach is the Head Football Coach at the University, LLC will cause Coach to assist in the production of and to appear on any radio or television show that features the Program, including, but not limited to, any weekly radio and television shows, as directed by the Men’s Athletics Director, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Professional Services and License Agreement between University and LLC.

(14) Coach will work with the University and use reasonable best efforts to raise funds to help fund the Program. During the Term of this Agreement, LLC shall allow Coach’s name, likeness, and biographical sketch to be used by the University for fundraising and for any other reasonable purpose that supports the Program or the University, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Professional Services and License Agreement between University and LLC.

(15) Coach will be required to perform such services in connection with University sports camps and clinics as may be assigned by the Men’s Athletics Director. Coach may not participate in sports camps or clinics that are not approved by the Men’s Athletics Director. Coach understands that assistant coaches on his staff also will be required to perform services in connection with University sports camps and clinics and that they also may not participate in sports camps and clinics that are not approved by the Men’s Athletics Director.

(16) Coach recognizes that his statements about the University and its administrators are often publicized and he agrees to use his best efforts to keep positive and constructive in tone any public comments he makes about University policies or actions taken by senior administrators.

(17) The University enters into agreements with various manufacturers and distributors to provide athletic equipment, supplies, and accessories (“Products”) for the University’s Intercollegiate Athletics departments and programs. In accordance with the terms of such agreements, and subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Professional Services and License Agreement between University and LLC, LLC will cause Coach to participate in promotional activities and will sublicense exclusively the use of Coach’s name, image, and likeness for commercial exploitation by University to endorse those Products that are provided for use in the Program. Coach, the assistant coaches, student-athletes, and other personnel of the Program will be required to use the EXECUTION VERSION 5 Products in practice, games, and at public appearances in accordance with the terms of any such agreements.

(18) Coach will be a Campus Security Authority (“CSA”) as defined by the Clery Act. As a CSA, Coach will comply with University policies on the reporting of crime statistics and related information to the official designated by the University for the purposes of Clery Act reporting. (19) In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Coach will be a Responsible Employee as defined by University policies on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct. As a Responsible Employee, Coach will report incidents of sexual misconduct (including sexual harassment and sexual violence) and other inappropriate sexual conduct to the University’s Title IX Coordinator or other appropriate designee as required by University policy. (20) Coach shall also perform such other duties and responsibilities that are consistent with his position as may be assigned from time-to-time by the Men’s Athletics D

i have to say, that is a very University friendly contract.  Wow Tom.

11 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

Worst case scenario.  

7-3 finish.  No B12 championship game.  Back into a good bowl and beat some overrated top 10 pac12 or ACC team.  Finish at no 10 in the final polls.  Close on a top 15 recruiting class.  Keep Tom Herman.   

Mediocrity cycle continues with no changes.  

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Thanks. Fucking sucks. You know you hear about these shitty narcissistic moms, the ones who need to see your manager, the ones who don't understand football... she was like, the exact opposite of that. I could throw snake eyes at the craps table every fucking time and I'd still be the luckiest motherfucker on the planet. 

Still not OK with it.

#FireTomForMom

(Gunna tweet CDC about it)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Pardon my ignorance but what is GC?
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas