Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

2 hours ago, BB65 said:

Jones won’t take Sam. If Dak shits the bed or gets hurt it could create a qb controversy and make Jones look worse (if possible) to the fans. That’s why Jones always keeps a scrub as a back up.  

Jones will trade a second round pick for Kellen Mond the day before Minnesota cuts him. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

53 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

Who the fuck do I have to pay to get Nicole to go away ??!!

I’ve been asking the same questions with all your international hag banging braggadocio. We’re stuck with each other. Deal with it. 

4 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

that’s an interesting way to look at it, but the calculus won’t be that. It’ll be Foles proven backup status. I really wish people would stop saying they’re gonna cut him. They’re not. They’re trading him or keeping him as the #2, unless they want to roll with 3 QBs on the 53. They’re not gonna make him available to the rest of the league on their practice roster. Irsay and Reich are way too high on him. I suspect he opens the season as the #2 QB behind Ryan. I didn’t realize he was this aged but Ryan is 37. Indy is ideal for Sam. 

I’d love him in Dallas, but Dak is much younger (though overrated and somewhat injury prone so who knows).  I’d love Foles in Dallas. 

I agree with all of this except the part where the Colts are high on Sam. If they were then they wouldn't have signed Foles IMHO.

The Colts now have to make a choice and keep one or the other unless they want to keep 3 QBs on the roster like you said. 

And now that I've looked at it taking a $4 million cap hit (dead money - not the $1.4 I mentioned earlier) is something they could handle. However, someone would have to swallow their pride and admit the Foles signing was a mistake (or throw someone under the bus). 

Just to give everyone an idea the Colts are currently rolling with "only" $7 million in dead money. That's one of the lowest in the league. The Bears have over $60 million in dead money. Ouch.

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

He might have to wait 5 years for the Rams or Broncos starting job. I think some of the Colts offensive pieces will be there too. He knows the offense at Indy so that’s helpful in knowing where to go with the ball. Foles at most is a temporary barrier to Sam.

Is Reich ultimately willing to give Sam a shot? Thought enough to draft him. Let go of other options in favor of Sam last year yet brought in an old dude, who has done little of late, as a backup to another older dude.

I think the Colts know they can’t park Sam on the PS as he’ll be gone in an instant. But I really think they really want to develop him. Lots to stick around for: solid o line, stellar RB, decent defense.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I agree with all of this except the part where the Colts are high on Sam. If they were then they wouldn't have signed Foles IMHO.

The Colts now have to make a choice and keep one or the other unless they want to keep 3 QBs on the roster like you said. 

And now that I've looked at it taking a $4 million cap hit (dead money - not the $1.4 I mentioned earlier) is something they could handle. However, someone would have to swallow their pride and admit the Foles signing was a mistake (or throw someone under the bus). 

Just to give everyone an idea the Colts are currently rolling with "only" $7 million in dead money. That's one of the lowest in the league. The Bears have over $60 million in dead money. Ouch.

6rh8z0.jpg

• Haha 4

I think Irsay wanted experienced Ryan and Reich wanted his buddy Foles. Reich might have been pushing for Sam and Foles competing for 1 and 2 but Irsay made the deal for Ryan and Reich didn't want to leave his buddy hanging and talked Irsay into an "experienced backup". Then of course Sam balls out and they're left with either letting Sam get poached, trading Foles, or carrying 3. I'm guessing they carry 3 for a while and maybe dump Foles later unless Ryan goes on IR for some reason.

But if Sam gets QB3, who will the fan base be calling for if Ryan goes down or struggles in the early games?
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

My son graduated from college this May and he’s NEVER seen the Cowboys in the NFC championship game! That timeline should pretty much put some perspective on the mediocre last two decades.[sic]

The Cowboys are starting (have been) to make it tough to root for - IMO. But alas Jerry is making $$$ hand over first, so I digress.

Hook’em!

CORRECTION:

Two AND A HALF  Decades 

26 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think the Colts know they can’t park Sam on the PS* as he’ll be gone in an instant. But I really think they really want to develop him. Lots to stick ** around for: solid o line, stellar RB, decent defense.

* PlayStation

** Atari

32 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think the Colts know they can’t park Sam on the PS as he’ll be gone in an instant. But I really think they really want to develop him. Lots to stick around for: solid o line, stellar RB, decent defense.

3 minutes ago, Modessit said:

I think Irsay wanted experienced Ryan and Reich wanted his buddy Foles. Reich might have been pushing for Sam and Foles competing for 1 and 2 but Irsay made the deal for Ryan and Reich didn't want to leave his buddy hanging and talked Irsay into an "experienced backup". Then of course Sam balls out and they're left with either letting Sam get poached, trading Foles, or carrying 3. I'm guessing they carry 3 for a while and maybe dump Foles later unless Ryan goes on IR for some reason.

But if Sam gets QB3, who will the fan base be calling for if Ryan goes down or struggles in the early games?

All I’ve heard is both are high on Sam, and that’s backed up by their quotes. They have executed a very smart plan. Foles was extremely cheap and a quality backup. Ryan is a former MVP and still capable of 2-3 high quality seasons. And they have a young buck making plays. This is a good “problem” for them to have. I don’t see it as a slight to Sam they signed Foles. 

All I’ve heard is both are high on Sam, and that’s backed up by their quotes. They have executed a very smart plan. Foles was extremely cheap and a quality backup. Ryan is a former MVP and still capable of 2-3 high quality seasons. And they have a young buck making plays. This is a good “problem” for them to have. I don’t see it as a slight to Sam they signed Foles. 
All I'm saying is that I think Irsay wanted Matt/Sam and Reich wanted Nick/Sam. I think Reich might have told Nick he'd find a spot for him after they got Ryan. The thinking from Irsay was probably bring in an aging veteran (Ryan) who can still win some games to caretaker a year or two and let Sam learn and develop. I'm not sure why Foles was signed after Ryan was there if they both liked Sam unless Reich was just taking care of his buddy Nick, or they have concerns over Ryan making it the entire season as #1.

12 hours ago, Modessit said:

Dicker the punter/kicker. Problem solved.

I think Sam is going to have a roster spot, whether in Indy or elsewhere.  But wherever he lands, it may take an injury for him to start.  I think Indy is the best scenario for him, because of the talent on the player roster and coaching staff, and he'd be behind an older QB who has a decent chance to miss some games due to injury.  Seattle is also a good possibility because their QB situation is trash, but that team is in rebuilding mode and won't be competing for anything this season other than a high draft pick in 2023.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

you talking about nicole?

No. It has nothing to do with me. congrats on getting laid a couple of times. No one cares. 

Not too long to wait to see if Sam is going to stay a Colt or get snapped up by another team. I always felt no matter the round he got drafted by the right team bc of how much they have worked with him. Hope he can still be a Colt. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I'm just confused by the craziness. I am not pro Nicole or Neg Nicole, but for fucks sake she fits right in with the rest of us assholes. Yea, ALL of us assholes.
Who gives a fuck if she is Sam crazy or does/doesn't show tits (I am a fan of tits by the way)
Sam is fucking lighting it up in preseason. He is a Horn. He was one of the very few bright spots over the last DECADE. Read that again. over the last decade. Fuck yea Nicole's crazy over him. We all should be. Sam gave it his all, even while throwing his body against the wall over and over again. He got fucking up and kept swinging.
Good for Sam and good for Texas. Good for Nicole or anyone else who wants to trumpet a Horn that gave it his best shot and might become a starter. Who cares if she over does it and who cares if she does or doesn't show tits (I am a huge fan of tits). 
Hook'em

P.S. fuck Tom

Nice white knight post! Betcha cant wait to DM Nicole to commiserate. You commiserating son of a gun!

1 minute ago, Eskimohorn said:

Nice white knight post! Betcha cant wait to DM Nicole to commiserate. You commiserating son of a gun!

Ha, don't give a shit about white knighting and have never DMd Nicole. She's just being a fan and some just want to shit on her instead of using the ignore button...

BUT, I damn sure am a fan of Sam and want him to get a start in the NFL. Would love for him to take it to the next level and become a longhorn legend.

AND, this son of a gun did say he was a fan of tits 

See the source image

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Ha, don't give a shit about white knighting and have never DMd Nicole. She's just being a fan and some just want to shit on her instead of using the ignore button...

BUT, I damn sure am a fan of Sam and want him to get a start in the NFL. Would love for him to take it to the next level and become a longhorn legend.

AND, this son of a gun did say he was a fan of tits 

See the source image

More Nicole, less BraggingFatmongerAbroad please. 

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Could be going after Rudolph though…but their fans really want the Lions to get Sam. 

True story, Rudolph’s little bro (look him up) banged a hot MILF acquaintance of mine. 

Could be going after Rudolph though…but their fans really want the Lions to get Sam. 

Blue collar atmosphere right now in Detroit. It’s a ground up build after decades of irrelevance. New GM seems to have changed the way things are done. The Stafford trade was a slam dunk for building for the future while sacrificing immediately (not much sacrifice as the team was terrible, except for QB).

That’s all to say, Detroit might be a good spot for him. Clear path to starting in a the next year or so after Goff gets moved onward.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’ve enjoyed watching Hard Knocks - Detroit, this season. Even though Dan Campbell is aggy (but also a Cowboy) I give him the benefit of doubt. If I was one of those youngsters trying to make the roster, I’d run through a brick wall if he’d ask me! I like him! Might be a landing spot for Sam, as he’s his type of QB?

I’d rather see Sam backing up Dak for the Cowboys, but hopefully Sam will stay on the 53 for Indy and just learn from Reicht and Ryan for another season.

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 3