Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

No idea why they brought in Ryan. He's beyond washed.

Their main goal was to find a sucker to take Wentz off their hands, which they somehow did. They can cut Ryan and save $18MM on next years’ cap, which they’re definitely going to do. Rest of the year is for them to see what they have in Sam. Weird team; they have a great RB and the best single offensive lineman in the NFL, but overall their OLine is complete ass…

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Their main goal was to find a sucker to take Wentz off their hands, which they somehow did. They can cut Ryan and save $18MM on next years’ cap, which they’re definitely going to do. Rest of the year is for them to see what they have in Sam. Weird team; they have a great RB and the best single offensive lineman in the NFL, but overall their OLine is complete ass…

How is it any different from the lines he played behind here?

I'd say they threw in the towel and aim to tank the season away, they've gotten extremely lucky tanking. They tanked for Manning then sucked for Luck....but that one was short lived. Rumor has it they're going to have a fire sale and this is undoubtedly Reich's last season. Fuck'em and their coke head owner.

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

I read that they fully guaranteed Ryan’s 2023 and 2024 base salaries. 

41 minutes ago, immamac said:

So uh... Do I change the default theme of the board on Sunday to colts colors? 

I'm so fucking excited for Sam. What a fucking dude. 

Lets Go Football GIF by ESPN

That and a temp day ban for just about everyone on the first few pages and that’s a nice little Sunday. Maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond.

• Like 1

As a former Commanders/Skins fan, I was baffled why they acquired Wentz, whom they knew well. I saw two Primetime Eagles games where Wentz was completely inept. Some of the worst quarterbacking I’ve ever seen. And then that it didnt work well as Reich’s reclamation project.

The NFL would do well to expand and form two leagues so they could relegate teams each year.

55 minutes ago, BlueGreySky said:

One savage detail I heard on the radio here was that Ryan isn't just benched for this week but for the rest of the season, so even if he comes back he'll be QB3 behind Foles.

So Indy radio is a day behind this site? 

19 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

We were both only part correct. They moved $21.7M to 2023, $18 of which is fully guaranteed. They only save $3M and change next year be cutting him. 

Sounds like they cant really afford to play Ryan again this season and risk a serious injury

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/25/matt-ryans-contract-is-the-main-reason-he-wont-play-for-the-colts-again-this-year/

Sam Ehlinger officially becomes the starting quarterback of the Colts. If he fails or gets injured, Nick Foles will take over. And if Foles gets injured, the quarterback will be anyone but Matt Ryan.

Ryan is done. He’s out. He won’t play again, for reasons rooted in his contract. Put simply, once the team decided (and it was clear from coach Frank Reich’s comments that owner Jim Irsay made the decision) that Ryan won’t be the quarterback in 2023, it was time to pull the plug on 2022.

Ryan’s contract already pays him $12 million in base salary next year, fully guaranteed. But millions more would become fully guaranteed if Ryan suffers an injury that keeps him from passing a physical by the third day of the 2023 league year in March, when the payments that are currently guaranteed for injury become fully guaranteed.

Specifically, Ryan has $7.205 million in additional 2023 salary guaranteed for injury, and a 2023 roster bonus of $10 million, which is also guaranteed for injury. That’s $17.205 million that the Colts would potentially owe Ryan (in addition to the $12 million) if he emerges from the 2022 season with an injury that prevents him from passing a physical by the middle of March.

That’s why Ryan won’t be playing again for the Colts in 2022. He could, in theory, be traded before next Tuesday. His performances through seven weeks of the current season, however, will surely cause any/every team to shy away from Ryan and his contract, regardless of whether a starter suffers a season-ending injury this weekend.

The question then becomes whether the Colts would cut Ryan after the trade deadline. He may ask to be released. The Colts may wait for the right moment to dump him, thinking that a potential quarterback-needy team may claim his contract on waivers.

Again, it’s unlikely. He is, by all appearances, done. No every quarterback will have his arm beyond his fortieth birthday. For the 37-year-old Ryan, too many of his throws now look like what John Madden used to call the last shot out of a Roman candle.

Ryan has had a great career. He was an MVP. He did everything in his power to win a Super Bowl. He recently passed Dan Marino to become No. 7 on the all-time passing yardage list.

Matt Ryan has a solid case for Canton. At this point, however, continuing to play could eventually hurt his cause. And so, as it was when the Vikings benched Donovan McNabb for Christian Ponder in 2011 and later released McNabb, it may simply be over for Ryan.

Even if it is, he’ll still make $12 million next year to not play pro football. The Colts, at this point, are simply hoping to be sure he doesn’t get $17.205 million more.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 10:20 PM, Henry Hill said:

Lets Go Football GIF by ESPN

That and a temp day ban for just about everyone on the first few pages and that’s a nice little Sunday. Maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond.

I wasn't involved in those pages but I'm pretty sure that was the day of Maryland 2.0 ... Easy to be emotional and shitty after that.

Waaaaay later in the thread derka / goo punch / @shadow_operative  is still so anti Sam he spends pages arguing against the possibility that his ceiling is Dak. He was breaking down his bad play film to trash him like a psychopath

Edited by B00M

25 minutes ago, B00M said:

I wasn't involved in those pages but I'm pretty sure that was the day of Maryland 2.0 ... Easy to be emotional and shitty after that.

Waaaaay later in the thread derka / goo punch / @shadow_operative / @shadow_operative2.0 is still so anti Sam he spends pages arguing against the possibility that his ceiling is Dak. He was breaking down his bad play film to trash him like a psychopath

I read through all of the posts in this thread and damn it’s beating…but still I have to call anyone out well:

37607D4F-FA84-4E74-9662-90A70B27D3C8.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, B00M said:

Waaaaay later in the thread derka / goo punch / @shadow_operative  is still so anti Sam he spends pages arguing against the possibility that his ceiling is Dak. He was breaking down his bad play film to trash him like a psychopath

lololol, this stuff never ceases to amaze me or make me laugh. and i thought i was shooosed to be hypersensitive and obsessive. me thinking that Sam won't be as good as Dak and me using game footage to back up my claims about Sam's accuracy means i hate him and makes me a psychopath? lol okie dokie. whatever makes you feel good i guess. 

6 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I read through all of the posts in this thread and damn it’s beating…but still I have to call anyone out well:

37607D4F-FA84-4E74-9662-90A70B27D3C8.png

i'm his is what's so funny to me/so pathetic about the people who obsess over everything i say. i say things like, "i don't see Sam becoming a top 15 qb in the league", or within a discussion about sam's prospects i mention his issues with accuracy and use film from his final game at texas to back up my assertion and these people obsess over it like mad, claiming i hate sam, i want him to fail, i root against him, etc. me thinking he has a ceiling lower than dak prescott means i hate him and want him to fail, according to these people. these people constantly tag me to talk shit, they'll derail the thread for two whole pages over this stuff, meanwhile, there are people who actually say that sam sucks or say that he should play fullback and not QB, people who seem to be i ole root against him, and it just flies under the radar without any of the rabid obsession or juvenile shit talking. yeah, and i'm the "psychopath". okie silly dilly dokie o.

Edited by shadow_operative

On 10/25/2022 at 12:00 AM, Eskimohorn said:

As a former Commanders/Skins fan, I was baffled why they acquired Wentz, whom they knew well. I saw two Primetime Eagles games where Wentz was completely inept. Some of the worst quarterbacking I’ve ever seen. And then that it didnt work well as Reich’s reclamation project.

The NFL would do well to expand and form two leagues so they could relegate teams each year.

3CB85920-84EB-485A-A2B2-443017B25E2E.thumb.jpeg.dd316ae2929dcf23935b089f87eae7ce.jpeg

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm his is what's so funny to me/so pathetic about the people who obsess over everything i say. i say things like, "i don't see Sam becoming a top 15 qb in the league", or within a discussion about sam's prospects i mention his issues with accuracy and use film from his final game at texas to back up my assertion and these people obsess over it like mad, claiming i hate sam, i want him to fail, i root against him, etc. these people constantly tag me to talk shit, they'll derail the thread for two whole pages over jr, meanwhile, there are people who actually say that sam sucks or say that he should play fullback and not QB, and it just flies under the radar without any of the rabid obsession or juvenile shit talking. so fucking weird. 

I should have circled the post of the infamous @NowThisThats what I was going for there. 1958 Fullback. Just kinda funny when you think about it. Wasn’t going after you. I’ll go back and circle it.

Edited by Nicole44
How do people circle shit on posts? Fuck it.

and since we're back to making this thread about talking shit to me and deviating from just making it about all of us supporting sam, i'll say that my dad and i had a conversation last weekend where we agreed that, barring the next VY coming along, that neither of us ever wants texas to sign another QB from westlake or lake travis because of the affect it has on the boards, including the private boards that are supposed to be above it all.

see, it's ok to question or doubt or criticize any UT football player from 2017-2020 *except* for sam ehlinger. "i don't think lil'jordan humphrey will stick around in the nfl." perfectly fine. "i think we could do better than casey thompson as our starter." no issues. "sam is still inaccurate at times and is missing open WRs." the collective it message board response:

it's seriously pathetic, and completely self defeating.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I should have circled the post of the infamous @NowThisThats what I was going for there. 1958 Fullback. Just kinda funny when you think about it. Wasn’t going after you. I’ll go back and circle it.

yeah ti be clear i knew what you were saying and that you weren't coming after me. your post is a great example of the people who actually have disliked and rooted against sam, and i am not, nor have i ever been one of those people. Team Sam all day. 🤘🏼 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

and since we're back to making this thread about talking shit to me and deviating from just making it about all of us supporting sam, i'll say that my dad and i had a conversation last weekend where we agreed that, barring the next VY coming along, that neither of us ever wants texas to sign another QB from westlake or lake travis because of the affect it has on the boards, including the private boards that are supposed to be above it all.

see, it's ok to question or doubt or criticize any UT football player from 2017-2020 *except* for sam ehlinger. "i don't think lil'jordan humphrey will stick around in the nfl." perfectly fine. "i think we could do better than casey thompson as our starter." no issues. "sam is still inaccurate at times and is missing open WRs. shaggy's response:

it's pathetic. 

just admit you were wrong its not hard. youve been adamantly outspoken about sam only when negative and you dont come celebrate him when good things happen

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

just admit you were wrong its not hard. youve been adamantly outspoken about sam only when negative and you dont come celebrate him when good things happen

this is 100% false. have been in here celebrating him when does well, over and over and over. ive come in here multiple times to share positive twitter posts about sam. i shared the UT Football IG post about his promotion like a day or two ago, and i was in here all throughout the preseason sharing twitter posts about his success and supporting him. i've never rooted against him,  ive neever celebrated his failures, ive merely been critical of him at times, and fairly so. you (and a bunch of other zealots) are living in an alternate reality here. 

edit- i'm also not going to "admit i was wrong" (man you guys are rsbid about your pound of flesh- i'll keep that in mind) when nothing i've said has been proven wrong. is sam as good as dak? is sam an entrenched starter? is sam one of the ~15 best qb's in the world? because those specific things are what i doubted would happen for him, despite the fact t that i hope all of those things happen for him. i'm y'all's twisted minds that makes me a psychopath who hates sam ehlinger. take a step back and figure who's being crazy here and who isn't. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

oh yeah, @immamac you said we would beat okie state, and i said we would lose. i demand that you admit you were wrong, and that you stop hating quinn ewers and bijan robinson so much, it's pathetic. ugh. 

I never talked any shit about Quinn or Bijan. I am consistently on record saying that our team is and was better than that OSU team and we threw the game away with bad coaching and sticking to a 2nd half game plan that was clearly not working on top of getting 14-0 penalty jobbed by the refs. 

I wasn't wrong. Anyone with eyes sees that Texas is the better team and the game was thrown away. 

It was a bullshit loss and you and everyone else knows it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, B00M said:

Derka acting like a psychopath? Knock me over with a feather!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Txslnghrns said:

I demand that you shut the fuk up. What a beating…

stop calling me out and i'll stop responding. every single post i make in this thread is a positive post about sam ehlinger- unless i'm responding to someone who is calling me out out of nowhere. y'all stop initiating these conversations and your problem goes away. the one place we agree is that it's a total fucking beating. 

2 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

I demand that you shut the fuk up. What a beating…

He flogs himself is the funniest part.

"Now that we'e turned this thread into hating on me!" 

Bro, 10 of the last 15 posts are from you. You are the only one who turned it into a thread about you. Like F'in usual. 

Just take the L and STFU already.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1