Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

I never talked any shit about Quinn or Bijan. 

that's my point dum dum. i've never talked any shit about Sam Ehlinger and yet you and your posse swear up and own that i do. i talk exactly as much shit about sam ehlinger as you do about bijan robinson. so imagine how irksome it would be if 2-3x per page someone was tagging your name and talking shit to you for supposedly trashing bijan. it'd get pretty old pretty fast, yeah? yeah. 

3 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

You are the only one who turned it into a thread about you. Like F'in usual.

nope, that would be treaty oak, b00m, and immamac, among others. check the tape stupid. ive been posting about Sam Ehlinger. they, and you, and countless others, come in here and post about me. don't throw a fit when i respond. you don't get to tag my name and call me out and then cry "derka'd" when i respond. 

Edited by shadow_operative

I guess that’s part of what this board is about - just let it all hang out. Talk a lot of trash, even disparage and with extreme conviction in certain cases.

I’ve come to believe message boards are a true microcosm of society. Shitty people as it pertains to their biases but will rise up for others when in dire need of some compassion. But when feeling comfortable to express their opinions often arrogant to the extent that facts play no part.

I don’t remember what I said regarding Sam, but I gave some reasons, excuses if you prefer, regarding accuracy. It’s been years ago, but you see I have actually thrown passes in a football game (not at the highest of levels mind you) or several games. Obviously my experiences differ from those who have done the same. But I’ve been a huge football guy since and have a different set of experiences and now have the gift of time to reflect on my experiences both lived and viewed. I’m guessing we have some dudes really clued in to playing the QB position but damned if I know who they are. My impression is that most are so deadset on what they believe they can’t ever change. And those narratives live on.

I may be derailing this thread but damn if I’m not pumped about Sam. Maybe even say a little prayer for him to have success beyond his current successes in the game.

And we can all be more critical and objective but fair. These are all our guys.

and it has been evident this season that the traditional pocket passer is quickly going out of fashion

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2022/10/25/23422559/the-sam-ehlinger-conspiracy-theory-colts-offense-is-about-to-blow-out

lol just because the old ass pocket QBs like Brady and Rodgers aren't balling out early this year doesn't mean traditional pocket passing in the NFL is over.

Joe Burrow, Matt Stafford, and Jimmy G were all just in the conference games last year...

Anyway, go Sam! 

Kid is just a winner and has fought though so much personal hardships it's crazy. I hope he uses his arm and brain to get first downs and not his head and shoulders. That was the only thing holding him back in college - Turdle fucking Herman running a power QB run offense though him. 

22 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

nope, that would be treaty oak, b00m, and immamac, among others. check the tape stupid. ive been posting about Sam Ehlinger. they, and you, and countless others, come in here and post about me. don't throw a fit when i respond. you don't get to tag my name and call me out and then cry "derka'd" when i respond. 

EBEC-XZXUAEmagR.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, NoName said:

EBEC-XZXUAEmagR.jpg

you guys keep saying this, like it true. "well there's a bunch of us, and we all love to go out our way to call you out and start shit with you, even though you never do the same to us, and you instead stick to just posting about Sam in this thread. but yeah, since there's a bunch of us and one of you, that must make you the asshole."

🙄 

30 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

stop calling me out and i'll stop responding. every single post i make in this thread is a positive post about sam ehlinger- unless i'm responding to someone who is calling me out out of nowhere. y'all stop initiating these conversations and your problem goes away. the one place we agree is that it's a total fucking beating. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

this is 100% false. have been in here celebrating him when does well, over and over and over. ive come in here multiple times to share positive twitter posts about sam. i shared the UT Football IG post about his promotion like a day or two ago, and i was in here all throughout the preseason sharing twitter posts about his success and supporting him. i've never rooted against him,

LOL

Bored-Ape-Longhorn.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

Embarrassed I Did GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I didn't think Sam was gonna be good in the NFL. I was wrong apparently. Or not, he still hasn't played a down. But certainly interesting that he is now starting, especially given the circumstances. Dude looked studly in preaseason. Obviously this is a good thing and he's a great guy and i will root for him to succeed.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

and since we're back to making this thread about talking shit to me and deviating from just making it about all of us supporting sam, i'll say that my dad and i had a conversation last weekend where we agreed that, barring the next VY coming along, that neither of us ever wants texas to sign another QB from westlake or lake travis because of the affect it has on the boards, including the private boards that are supposed to be above it all.

see, it's ok to question or doubt or criticize any UT football player from 2017-2020 *except* for sam ehlinger. "i don't think lil'jordan humphrey will stick around in the nfl." perfectly fine. "i think we could do better than casey thompson as our starter." no issues. "sam is still inaccurate at times and is missing open WRs." the collective it message board response:

it's seriously pathetic, and completely self defeating.

This is dumb. Don't take football players from Westlake because of message board talk? What the actual fuck?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

as soon as he got called out by Nicole hes already posted 10 fucking times on this thread- all but 1 of him fighting with everyone else.

can you read? nicole is the only one here who didn't call me out. it was treatyoak, then b00m, then imma, then motown. trratyoak called me out first, but i ignored him because he always does that, and because i'm pretty sure that he's an actual retarded person. then b00m tagged my name in the thread out of nowhere and shit talked me and called me a psychopath. apparently to you that's not "fighting", but my benign replies to b00m and others is. hmmm. since b00m's ad hominem personal attack all i've done is reply to people who are talking about me. like you. this apparently bothers you, and yet you take part in it. but uh, keep up the good work i guess? 

49 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

This is dumb. Don't take football players from Westlake because of message board talk? What the actual fuck?

pretty obvious hyperbole. we're simply saying that it's been a beating having to deal with the overzealous hometown fans who deify these guys, particularly Sam. again, if you say, "i'm not sure that LJH will stick in the NFL" then nobody bats an eyelash. you say the exact same thing about Sam and you wake up with severed horse's head in your bed. a more recent example is all of the people who wanted Card to remain the starter even when Ewers was healthy again. that never would have happened if Card wasn't from LT. it's just a beating. 

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I read through all of the posts in this thread and damn it’s beating…but still I have to call anyone out well:

37607D4F-FA84-4E74-9662-90A70B27D3C8.png

To be fair to @NowThis, he does know a thing or two about having a full back......

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

pretty obvious hyperbole. we're simply saying gbat it's been a beating having to deal with the overzealous hometown fans who deify these guys, particularly Sam. again, if you say, "i'm not sure that LJH will stick in the NFL." you say the exact same thing about Sam and you wake up with severed horse's head in your bed. it's just a beating. 

Yeah figured it was joking/a bit. Just was laughing at the idea of Sark on the phone with Mrs. Klubnik last year.... "we're sorry but we're not going to be able to offer your son a scholarship. Nothing to do with his ability but i'm not sure if surlyhorns will be able to handle the criticism from this guy Derka if your son ends up being not good....."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

can you read? nicole is the only one here who didn't call me out. it was treatyoak, then b00m, then imma, then motown. trratyoak called me out first, but i ignored him because he always does that, and because i'm pretty sure that he's an actual retarded person. then b00m tagged my name in the thread out of nowhere and shit talked me and called me a psychopath. apparently to you that's not "fighting", but my benign replies to b00m and others is. hmmm. since b00m's ad hominem personal attack all i've done is reply to people who are talking about me. like you. this apparently bothers you, and yet you take part in it. but uh, keep up the good work i guess? 

EBEC-XZXUAEmagR.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

pretty obvious hyperbole. we're simply saying that it's been a beating having to deal with the overzealous hometown fans who deify these guys, particularly Sam. again, if you say, "i'm not sure that LJH will stick in the NFL" then nobody bats an eyelash. you say the exact same thing about Sam and you wake up with severed horse's head in your bed. a more recent example is all of the people who wanted Card to remain the starter even when Ewers was healthy again. that never would have happened if Card wasn't from LT. it's just a beating. 

To be fair, growing up in Amarillo, IDGAF about Lake Travis or Westlake. I wasn’t a fan of Sam vs Shane. I thought he was just chosen for his size at the time. I’m dumb. I’ve since learned a great deal about him and have become a fan. He’s awesome and I can’t wait to see what he can do. 

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

as soon as he got called out by Nicole hes already posted 10 fucking times on this thread- all but 1 of him fighting with everyone else.

I don’t think I called him out. I just posted a NowThis thing that was poorly done on my part. That wasn’t my attention. I typically don’t fight with posters. Not in my nature.

I consider you calling me retarded a great honor. 

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i've never talked any shit about Sam Ehlinger

LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I don’t think I called him out. I just posted a NowThis thing that was poorly done on my part. That wasn’t my attention. I typically don’t fight with posters. Not in my nature.

I agree, you didnt INTEND to call him out... you just pointed out his wrongness and how wrong he was.... but lets just say your adversary is wired differently than most posters, and any disagreement with said poster is viewed as an attack on himself.........

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

image.thumb.png.b4e2178dc98a742db7d288116d823bb6.png

Larry David Reaction GIF

you'll have to show me where in there i talked shit about sam ehlinger. i said he's not a texas football legend. i said that he's not better than cory redding or shaun rogers. i said that he's overrated by UT fans, which he clearly, irrefutably was/is. that, to you, constitutes "talking shit about sam"? no. i don't think so. the person/people i was the most critical of in that post are our fans who act like he's a Texas Football legend. that doesn't approach talking shit about Sam. 

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

you'll have to show me where in there i talked shit about sam ehlinger. i said he's not a texas football legend. i said that he's not better than cory redding or shaun rogers. i said that he's overrated by UT fans, which he clearly, irrefutably was/is. that, to you, constitutes "talking shit about sam"? no. i don't think so. 

"Easily- EASILY the most overrated player in UT history" isn't talking shit about him?  130 years of football and out of all those players, you ranked him as EASILY the most overrated.  Mmkay, I guess that's not talking shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

"Easily- EASILY the most overrated player in UT history" isn't talking shit about him?  130 years of football and out of all those players, you ranked him as EASILY the most overrated.  Mmkay, I guess that's not talking shit.

as I already said, that is not a criticism of Sam, that is a criticism of our fans. If I swear up and down that Major Applewhite or James Brown is an all time great player at Texas and you tell me that i'm totally wrong for believing that, does that mean that you are talking shit about applewhite or brown? of course not. just the same as i'm not talking shit about sam when i say that a large portion of our fam base has overrated him. can you wrap your head around that? i don't feel like repeating it a third time. 

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

When it comes to thread defecation shadow op is the undisputed world champion.

If you post to/about me I am going to reply. If you don't want the thread to get cluttered like this then simply stick to posting about the thread topic. It takes more than two to tango, or something like that.

11 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I enjoyed his time at Texas, but I'm in the boat that didn't think he'd even make an NFL roster, let alone start in his 2nd season.  Glad be be wrong about that one.

Same.

I felt Sam a better fit for Herman's offense than Buechele but didn't think Sam had the mechanics or accuracy to make it in the pros. Used to call him LoLinger, in fact, for his penchant of missing throws late in games.

But his NFL salary shits all over my opinion, and I'm glad for it. Dude has been putting in the work and is finally being rewarded.

You can betcha boots I'll be watching the Colts this Sunday. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

back to the topic, i am really looking forward to seeing this colts team with sam at the helm, and i predict that both he and the colts will have, at minimum, short term success due to this move. i see it as fairly similar to the difference in the cowboys when dak has played this year vs when cooper rush has played- the play calling and game planning have changed, and the team has benefitted for it.

i think that teams who are used to keying in on jonathan taylor will get burned by Sam on RPO's, assuming Indy is smart enough to run the offense around his strengths. that LB who keeps his eyes on JT will give up an 11 yard run on 2nd and 7 when Sam keeps it and takes off. i see this helping to open things up for Taylor, which in turn makes Sam's job as a passer easier as well. plus, if a team wants to blitz and play man on 3rd and 7, Sam is a real threat to convert the first down with his legs.

so yeah, i'm really looking forward to this game on sunday, and if frank reich, who i think is a good coach, can tailor his offense to Sam, i really think that Indy can turn things around. maybe 4-5 games down the road teams make adjustments and things get tougher, but i'm definitely bullish on both Sam and Indy going forward. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Why the fuck do we have to watch Giants-Seahawks in DFW and Houston?  If your argument is the NFC East angle, then I'll point out Washington is also in the NFC East.  Plus you'll have all the Texas fans wanting to watch Sam plus everyone else in the state wanting to watch him fail.  It really makes no sense unless there's some glaring detail I'm missing here.

• Hook 'Em 4