Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Fucking awesome. Growing up in Austin as a Horn fan from birth, stellar high school career, getting to play for and star for the Longhorns, carrying the offense to victory over OU... it’s good to be Sam. 

Edited by Lhorn

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I think we have learned the lesson that maybe it is a good idea to be patient with Freshman and Sophomore QBs.

Or not. Probably not. 

The natural ADD of sports fans is has only been amplified by the instant feedback culture of social media.  IOW I agree with probably not.  At least not for long.

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I think we have learned the lesson that maybe it is a good idea to be patient with Freshman and Sophomore QBs.

Or not. Probably not. 

Or throw them into the fire as true freshman behind porous OL, lean on them heavily to carry a flawed offense and then shit on them incessantly after a handful of starts because they aren’t performing up to the level of the conference leaders.  I mean either approach is good. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

The natural ADD of sports fans is has only been amplified by the instant feedback culture of social media.  IOW I agree with probably not.  At least not for long.

Whoa, that is a name I have not seen for a long time.  

21 hours ago, mdmost said:

You would think that, wouldn't you?

I would think that.  Instead we see grown-ass men wanting to turn and run away from the team they've been talking about all freakin' off season just because the team didn't do as well in a game as these grown-ass men think they should have. 

"Do6N07pUcAADnpI.jpg?format=jpg&name=orig

Ehlinger dealt brilliantly in his second straight impressive performance. He has now graded at or above 70.9 in each game this season and currently holds an 87.6 overall grade in 2018.

Against Oklahoma, Ehlinger used his arm as well as his legs, rushing on 14 designed carries for 76 yards and adding two scrambles for an additional eight yards. He scored three touchdowns on the ground and also had another four first downs on carries, extending drives seemingly at will for the Longhorns.

He completed 22-of-30 passes from a clean pocket as his offensive line kept him clean from pressure on 32 of his 40 total dropbacks. He threw for 312 of his 314 yards when not under duress and had a 128.8 passer rating with two touchdowns, averaging 10.4 yards per attempt.

Ehlinger carved up the middle of the field against Oklahoma all afternoon, throwing just two incompletions on 20 attempts in between the numbers.

He was particularly impressive running the two-minute drill on the game-winning drive that set up the Cameron Dicker game-winner with just 0:14 seconds on the clock.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Can someone explain how Sam was 1-1 for 15 yards over the middle of the field on passes longer than 20 yards?

Pass to the back of the EZ for LJ.  Technically the pass is credited as a 15 yard pickup.  He actually caught it over 20 yds from the LOS.

• Like 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

That's the correct explanation but the pass was not caught 20+ yards downfield. PFF college can be pretty questionable in their work. Not a big deal on an individual play basis but it happens enough that I question their product sometimes.

Thanks Huck.  Just going from memory on that one.

Friend of mine just said, "In the past year, an Austin quarterback has won the Heisman trophy and been #1 overall draft pick (Baker Mayfield), won the Super Bowl (Nick Foles) and now Drew Brees of Westlake High is about to become the NFL all-time passing leader. Are we ready to declare Austin QB City? Or should we wait until Sam Ehlinger wins the national championship?"

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Friend of mine just said, "In the past year, an Austin quarterback has won the Heisman trophy and been #1 overall draft pick (Baker Mayfield), won the Super Bowl (Nick Foles) and now Drew Brees of Westlake High is about to become the NFL all-time passing leader. Are we ready to declare Austin QB City? Or should we wait until Sam Ehlinger wins the national championship?"

We are the Live QB Capital of the World.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1