Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

18 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

sam was mother fucking awesome today.   he won this game.  he deserves any and all accolades thrown his way.  but let's not act like today's sam is the sam we've seen for all season.  he made huge strides in accuracy, read, and decision making.  only bad decision was the 3rd down throw late in the 4th, but that was because of an absolute bonehead play call. here's to this game as the new baseline. 

he grew up today.  props to him.

Today was his best game yet true but he has been improving game by game. It's just nice to see a complete game. That last fg drive was sweet.

7 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i normally don't like to throw around terms like "moxie" and "it factor", but i don't think it's a coincidence that he had his best game of his career in the biggest game of his career. he definitely seemed to thrive on the atmosphere, and just looked very calm and confident the entire day. when i saw dicker on the sidelines smiling and winking and shit i wasn't buying it; he looked to me like he had nerves and was trying to convince himself that he was calm. sam didn't have the same look- he was calm and cool all day.

at this point the nearest comp i have for him is Major- not physically gifted like Simms or VY, not supremely talented like Colt, but just a guy with a winning game and winning attitude. man- i never could have imagined myself saying this five weeks ago. and to be honest, when sam came out for the final drive i was nervous; he hadn't done it on that stage yet; now he has. 

++ rep.  

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Coaches played to run out the clock and it took all momentum away from Sam. Took him out of his rhythm. We easily score 60 had we just let him do what he did the whole game. "Good enough to win"?? Lmao. He led us to 48pts and this was after going into a shell for 3 drives or whatever. Best game by a UT QB this decade.

the 3 holding calls had a hell of a lot to do with taking him out of his rhythm. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dcbc said:

The kid balled way harder than Kyler today FTW.  He did everything he could to win and didn't force things.  I'm a happy Longhorn today.  Hook em!

This. All the sideline shots of Kyler looked like his mind was somewhere else. Sam was always invested when the camera found him. 

• Like 1

I thought some of the takes on here against him last week were bizarre.  Even if he lost this game, it was already obvious he was growing.

The worst thing about him was his late turnovers and since week 2, hes fixed that.  He's a true dual threat and he knows how to find his best receivers.

I thought some of the takes on here against him last week were bizarre.  Even if he lost this game, it was already obvious he was growing.
The worst thing about him was his late turnovers and since week 2, hes fixed that.  He's a true dual threat and he knows how to find his best receivers.

Derka claimed winning the game does not matter.

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

i normally don't like to throw around terms like "moxie" and "it factor", but i don't think it's a coincidence that he had his best game of his career in the biggest game of his career. he definitely seemed to thrive on the atmosphere, and just looked very calm and confident the entire day. when i saw dicker on the sidelines smiling and winking and shit i wasn't buying it; he looked to me like he had nerves and was trying to convince himself that he was calm. sam didn't have the same look- he was calm and cool all day. 

Ha, I actually had the same thought about Dicker. You could see in his eyes that he was scared as hell. But he faked it till he made it, literally. All that matters.

5 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Well, now it's my turn to eat crow. I was mistaken. I was referring to @closetojumping, who called Sam names. So I apologize to you for stating a outright fabrication. 

However, you, @Huckleberry and closetojumping have been relentlessly negative about Sam. I get that you've never liked him and don't you guys to restate it every six posts. I support Sam and the Horns regardless of what happens the rest of this game and the season. 

Hook 'em. 

That’s because they’re all fucking idiots. 

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

the 3 holding calls had a hell of a lot to do with taking him out of his rhythm. 

This. We built a big lead  and the Oline got a little sloppy, but the best performance in several years.

Hell, after Shacks 1st couple of snaps. He had a pretty good game.

Edited by ckhorn

5 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Definitely looks like he ended on "bitch". Surprised KB didn't have much emotion if Kyler said something stupid.

All the dudes from that class just adored Murray. Malik called him the goat today (albeit while hyped about the win).