Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, dufus. You went through and negged me, so I went ahead returned the favor.  Now you’re predictably being a bitch and bawling publicly about it.  If you’re going to mess with the rep stuff when you’re just being downright petty, don’t expect others to live above it. It’s a nice dishonest maneuver to then turn and attempt to play a victim though. That’s true weasel shit right there. 

I neged your posts for their shit content, you neged a post that just said "Texas won"

How much more booty blasted can ya get?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I shouted it as loud and retardedly as I could each time he scored or threw a touchdown yesterday at the sports bar with my buddies. We were laughing pretty hard as it went on. I still think I prefer Mehlinger as my number one choice, but it doesn’t irritate people here as much. 

I guess that’s one of those “you’d have to be there” anecdotes. Probably a good way to pass time until your team took on Kentucky.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

yeah i have to address all of the neg rep that this post is getting. el guapo asked that i be banned from this thread *for being critical of sam ehlinger*, and you're all negging me for this reaction to that. this must be bizarro shaggy, my god. aside from the fact that that all i did was not believe in the guy, has everyone forgotten that this thread was started specifically to criticize ehlinger? and yet you guys all think i should be banned from the thread for...criticizing ehlinger?

we've truly come full circle in a very bad way if this is the case. i spent a decade on shaggy being told that i needed to grow thicker skin and that this site wasn't for me if i couldn't handle it, and here we are now seriously asking to ban people for criticizing the starting qb. that is absolutely crazy. 

Lack of self awareness right here. The guy with over 800 positive rep total is upset about some negs and somehow believes he's grown thicker skin. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

Lack of self awareness right here. The guy with over 800 positive rep total is upset about some negs and somehow believes he's grown thicker skin. 

lack of reading comprehension + confirmation bias right here. i couldn't care less about being negged, and that's clearly not what my post was about. asking to ban people for criticizing players is 100% against what this website is all about, and that's as simply as i can put it. 

Edited by Goo Punch

12 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

lack of reading comprehension + confirmation bias right here. i couldn't care less about being negged, and that's clearly not what my post was about. asking to ban people for criticizing players is 100% against what this website is all about, and that's as simply as i can put it. 

If calling out the site owner doesn't get you banned, why do you care what a single poster says? 

• Like 1

Also, it isn't confirmation bias. I've never wanted, requested, or even entertained you being banned. I think you give solid takes most of the time. However, you've been very vocal about criticizing football and basketball coaches, players, etc. Obviously, that comes with the risk of criticism. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Play calling was on point yesterday and played to sams strengths (power running, throws 10-15yrs) and away from his weaknesses (deep sideline throws). 

They clearly have done better at sorting what sams does best. He did have the beautiful deep ball to CJ and the wheel route to Watson, but was nails on the slants, stops and swings. His confidence was growing with each series. I also think Shack helps with some of those line and play checks with his experience. 

We asked Sam to be Sam and not Mahomes. Was a beauty to see. 

Biggest challenge this week is to play to a standard and not the opponent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigXII said:

"I don't care what you have to say about me being a virgin" says the nerd posting about it twice within 10 minutes with literally thousands of posts on the THIRD spinoff fan site of a college football team.

You sir are one insufferable cunt. I think you should consider taking time away from the board before you completely soil your pants in front of everyone. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I realize there’s this piece of shit trend on this board, especially with some guys on this thread, to go back, copy part of a post, and then repost that element and attack it, but not one fucking time on this thread have I rooted against Ehlinger. I said I don’t think he’s smart. I said he does everything average. I said, and continue to hope for, competition in the spring and the future (I view this as critical at every position and in life itself), and immediately after the Maryland game along with half the board, my first post here said he was a loser.

On 9/30/2018 at 10:00 AM, closetojumping said:

Did Maryland not happen this year? It fucking happened this month. Some people on this idiotic thread seem to believe that I Am Sam is all better now because because because. He’s fucking below average. 

Not one person in this thread, for at least 15 pages, has called for Buechele to play. This is a bad straw man argument from a really bad poster. This guy has landed on this board like a nuclear bomb of plaintive ineptitude. 

My opinion hasn’t changed since the beginning, you Lolinger apologist honk. Ehlinger is overrated mediocrity with a penchant for the fundamentally stupid. 

I plan on negging you every time I see you whining about rep. 

On 9/30/2018 at 10:48 AM, closetojumping said:

He hasn’t turned the ball over, for which I’m thankful. Outside of that, he basically continues to look like the same old Mehlinger. Honestly, if he was from somewhere like Victoria or Lufkin, everyone would be saying “whatever” . Which is mostly what I say in real life while watching him unless he full-on flashes the tard. There’s just not a lot going on with the guy that’s positive but he’s not the worst guy we’ve had this decade. 

On 9/30/2018 at 11:16 AM, closetojumping said:

Do you need to “know why he’s not pulling it more in the read option”? Or will the concept that he’s got the football IQ of a dung beetle suffice? I think you know exactly why he’s doing stupid shit, but it’s a hard thing for us to admit as fans. I came to peace with it and I’ve been happier since. We have a functioning retard at QB, and our best hope is to keep him chained to the ball on offense as tightly as we can. 

On 9/23/2018 at 11:46 AM, closetojumping said:

Boy, the honks are out and feeling their oats today. Good for them. Ehlinger played a solid game. I hope he keeps it up. I’m as stunned as anyone that Fat Patty didn’t coach circles around Hermeh. I’m relatively optimistic now that I Am Sam has looked basically average in two straight games. 

On 9/22/2018 at 2:10 PM, closetojumping said:

I think the comparison of Colt McCoy to Sam Ehlinger, by the Westlake honks, served up as a means of defending Sam Ehlinger is one of the funniest fucking things I’ve seen on the Internet in years. The deadpan delivery. Totally oblivious to the absurdity. It’s just fucking beautiful. 

Also, we’re going to see the door on optimism for this guy being “the man” start to fully close tonight. We’re about to be blown out again by a team with less talent and far superior coaching. I’m going with 3 turnovers by Ehlinger in the first half. 

Sam has better stats than Sophomore Colt.

On 9/22/2018 at 8:16 AM, closetojumping said:

Sam Ehlinger “plays the game “ the way you post on this board - aggressively yet without a hint of a fucking clue. You digging his style is a given.

I guess technically 30 September is "after Maryland". Your defenestration is a glory to see. You're a terrible loser.

Through 6 games:

Ehlinger (5-1) 2018 - 1,499 on 65.3% - 11 TDs 2 INTs - 268 rushing with 6 TDs

Tebow (4-2) 2007 - 1,455 on 65.5% -13 TDs 3 INTs - 500 rushing with 9 TDs

Sam is Tim Tebow. Probably not as good of a runner, could potentially turn into a better pocket passer. 

I don't have a problem with that. Tebow won a Heisman and a natty. 

Edited by ztejas

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Through 6 games:

Sam is Tim Tebow. Probably not as good of a runner, could potentially turn into a better pocket passer. 

Tebow had an offensive line that fucking mauled people to death 

26 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Through 6 games:

Does Sam get a plaque for his speech like tebow?

• Like 1

From 2017-2018, it seems like Sam has barely played, yet he has already begun to assemble an impressive resume:

• Was 24-of-35 for 314 yards. It was his sixth-straight 200-yard game to open the season, joining Colt McCoy (8, 2007), Major Applewhite (11, 1999) and Peter Gardere (7, 1992) as the only other QBs to do that in school history. Ehlinger has passed for at least 200 yards in all 12 career starts. It was his second career 300-yard game. His 12th career 200-yard game ties him with Vince Young for seventh-most in school history.

Ehlinger has now attempted 163 consecutive passes without an interception, surpassing Major Applewhite’s school record of 156.

• His three rushing touchdowns were a career high, as well as his five total touchdowns. The last Longhorn with three rushing touchdowns in a game was D’Onta Foreman against Texas Tech on Nov. 5, 2016.

Ehlinger now has 3,414 career passing yards, 12th-most in school history. He surpassed Bobby Layne (1944-47) and Garrett Gilbert (2009-11) in the win.

• With his two touchdown passes, Ehlinger now has 22 career, tying Bret Stafford (1985-87) for 12th-most in school history.

Surly_Flag.jpg

• Like 2

Meanwhile, Ehlinger was ascendant. 24-35 with 314 yards at 9 ypa. Two TD passes, ZERO INTs. Then he added another 18 carries for 84 yards at 4.7 ypc (after removing sack yardage from the one sack) with three rushing TDs and five short-yardage conversions on the ground. Add in his reception and you’re over 400 yards of offense and five TDs.  

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

And the lucky winner is...Derka!!!!

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

well alrighty then. 

Looks like Derka was too much of a cry baby to take the ban like a man. He had to go back and edit his post to try to get around it. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

From 2017-2018, it seems like Sam has barely played, yet he has already begun to assemble an impressive resume:

• Was 24-of-35 for 314 yards. It was his sixth-straight 200-yard game to open the season, joining Colt McCoy (8, 2007), Major Applewhite (11, 1999) and Peter Gardere (7, 1992) as the only other QBs to do that in school history. Ehlinger has passed for at least 200 yards in all 12 career starts. It was his second career 300-yard game. His 12th career 200-yard game ties him with Vince Young for seventh-most in school history.

Ehlinger has now attempted 163 consecutive passes without an interception, surpassing Major Applewhite’s school record of 156.

• His three rushing touchdowns were a career high, as well as his five total touchdowns. The last Longhorn with three rushing touchdowns in a game was D’Onta Foreman against Texas Tech on Nov. 5, 2016.

Ehlinger now has 3,414 career passing yards, 12th-most in school history. He surpassed Bobby Layne (1944-47) and Garrett Gilbert (2009-11) in the win.

• With his two touchdown passes, Ehlinger now has 22 career, tying Bret Stafford (1985-87) for 12th-most in school history.

Surly_Flag.jpg

So what you are trying to tell me is he is not "Mehlinger" and that me and my "adult" buddies can no longer laugh at how cool we are that we can come up with a non-creative nickname we gave to shit on the QB of the team we say we pull for? Damn, jig is up boys. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I realize there’s this piece of shit trend on this board, especially with some guys on this thread, to go back, copy part of a post, and then repost that element and attack it, but not one fucking time on this thread have I rooted against Ehlinger. I said I don’t think he’s smart. I said he does everything average.

You also said he's a "classic football moron,"  a loser, plays the game aggressively and "without any hint of a fucking clue,"  and that Sam ----- who has just had the longest string of passes without an interception in UT history ----- would have three turnovers in the first half of the TCU game.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Newy25 said:

You sir are one insufferable cunt. I think you should consider taking time away from the board before you completely soil your pants in front of everyone. 

SIR SIR M'LADY SIR HOUGHT HOUGHT

Close to jumping, FAAAAR from pussy

2 hours ago, Texas25 said:

So what you are trying to tell me is he is not "Mehlinger" and that me and my "adult" buddies can no longer laugh at how cool we are that we can come up with a non-creative nickname we gave to shit on the QB of the team we say we pull for? Damn, jig is up boys. 

Luke 4:24 King James Version (KJV)

24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.

15 hours ago, The Golden Hat said:

Meanwhile, Ehlinger was ascendant. 24-35 with 314 yards at 9 ypa. Two TD passes, ZERO INTs. Then he added another 18 carries for 84 yards at 4.7 ypc (after removing sack yardage from the one sack) with three rushing TDs and five short-yardage conversions on the ground. Add in his reception and you’re over 400 yards of offense and five TDs.  

Do victory formation kneels go against rushing yards as well, I'm assuming it does. If so, I hope he has another 50 yards taken from his rushing total this year.

I believe it's time to admit I was wrong about Sam.  After the Maryland game, I'd given up on him but, damn, the kid's really playing well right now.  He makes good decisions, his accuracy has improved (still has much improvement to make but much better) and he's a fucking battering ram on the QB draw/sneak. 

#teamsam

• Like 1