Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

27 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Murray is legit - he can't do anything about his shit defense. Next ye Austin Kendall will get destroyed 

Agree.  Murray's two turnovers that were entirely his own doing were totally legit.

I can't help but echo this advice to him:

Take the loss, pussy.

• Like 1

I’m so happy for Sam, he fucking balled out today. . I love the way he plays QB, he takes hits and keeps on going. His decision making has been on point since Maryland.  He’s not very fast but makes the most out of every run.  Hookem and Congrats Sam!

Also, can Derka be banned from this thread?  Pegged Sam as a likely transfer candidate before he even stepped foot on campus and has shit on him until today.  Derka you don’t know one thing about how to evaluate QB play or football in general and you should really just shut the fuck up and stick to the basketball board.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I went back and pulled these comments from this thread. All of these comments were posted here AFTER our first victory at K-State since 2002. I'll let the words speak for themselves. Moving forward, my greatest hope is that we support our players, cause they're really awesome. 

"Not at all. I just prefer to have a different type of QB than what Sam has to offer." T’Boo Ted Marshall

"...in other words we wouldn't be surprised if blitz packages and disguised coverages lead sam to turning the ball over, or if OU decides to blitz on every single 3rd down and 4+ because sam has proven that he can't hit an open wr even when he has a clean pocket. we won't be surprised if accounting for 6 total offensive points vs OU results in a blowout loss." Goo Punch

"Either they teach Sam how to throw a football or find someone who does. Beck gets paid $800k to coach our QBs." 6th Street

"That first long pass where the WR was all alone and Sam missed him by a mile, I think that there’s no fixing that." XYZ

"I don’t think his football IQ will improve much…" closetojumping

"I don’t think Ehlinger is good enough to merit the other guys not pushing him or not passing him. ...unless Mehlinger just totally shuts it down by being a part of a 12-2 season here this year or something." closetojumping 

"Outside of mocking Lolinger…" closetojumping

"He is inaccurate, that is fact. Completion % be damned. Watch the game with your eyes." Fico

"Half of his completed passes are shit throws that if he was accurate would go for considerably more yardage." Fico

"That is not opinion, it’s fact." Fico

To which Viper responded...

"…Yeah, I'm really not sure why people can't agree with this."

"We would have a much better shot at winning this Sat if we could trade QBs with OU" 6th Street (My personal favorite) 

"Sam could learn a thing or two from Case McCoy on how to hit an open WR." 6th Street (this one is also pretty amazing) 

"...we're still allowed to point out that he hasn't exactly been inspiring a lot of confidence in his play heading into the ou game." Goo Punch

"…because we're winning none of his obvious flaws matter or are allowed to be discussed. because we're winning we all have to sit around slurping our mediocre qb, right?Goo Punch (Goo Punch, I retract my apology)

like 85% of that is factual. sam wasn't slinging arrows to moving targets, he was missing open wr's by huge margins and had been inconsistent. today's superb game doesn't make that stuff untrue, and this witch hunt to blast anybody who said anything critical about sam is still just as stupid as it was then. the vast majority of those quotes are not worth a bump. if someone said he sucks, he's terrible, he'll never get better, he can't beat ou, buechele is better, or something like that, then sure, bump away. but all you're doing right now is reinforcing the extremely noticeable hornfans element to this thread. 

sam was awesome today. focus on that, and not bumping every single critical thing said about sam, as if we all don't remember what's been said in this thread or something. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I went back and pulled these comments from this thread. All of these comments were posted here AFTER our first victory at K-State since 2002. I'll let the words speak for themselves. Moving forward, my greatest hope is that we support our players, cause they're really awesome. 

"Not at all. I just prefer to have a different type of QB than what Sam has to offer." T’Boo Ted Marshall

"...in other words we wouldn't be surprised if blitz packages and disguised coverages lead sam to turning the ball over, or if OU decides to blitz on every single 3rd down and 4+ because sam has proven that he can't hit an open wr even when he has a clean pocket. we won't be surprised if accounting for 6 total offensive points vs OU results in a blowout loss." Goo Punch

"Either they teach Sam how to throw a football or find someone who does. Beck gets paid $800k to coach our QBs." 6th Street

"That first long pass where the WR was all alone and Sam missed him by a mile, I think that there’s no fixing that." XYZ

"I don’t think his football IQ will improve much…" closetojumping

"I don’t think Ehlinger is good enough to merit the other guys not pushing him or not passing him. ...unless Mehlinger just totally shuts it down by being a part of a 12-2 season here this year or something." closetojumping 

"Outside of mocking Lolinger…" closetojumping

"He is inaccurate, that is fact. Completion % be damned. Watch the game with your eyes." Fico

"Half of his completed passes are shit throws that if he was accurate would go for considerably more yardage." Fico

"That is not opinion, it’s fact." Fico

To which Viper responded...

"…Yeah, I'm really not sure why people can't agree with this."

"We would have a much better shot at winning this Sat if we could trade QBs with OU" 6th Street (My personal favorite) 

"Sam could learn a thing or two from Case McCoy on how to hit an open WR." 6th Street (this one is also pretty amazing) 

"...we're still allowed to point out that he hasn't exactly been inspiring a lot of confidence in his play heading into the ou game." Goo Punch

"…because we're winning none of his obvious flaws matter or are allowed to be discussed. because we're winning we all have to sit around slurping our mediocre qb, right?Goo Punch (Goo Punch, I retract my apology)

It’s amazing Derka is getting as much pos rep as he is for “eating crow” and trying to appear as reasonable as he can, before inevitably melting down, which he already has. People here are suckers. For Derka. Lulz. 

13 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I’m so happy for Sam, he fucking balled out today. . I love the way he plays QB, he takes hits and keeps on going. His decision making has been on point since Maryland.  He’s not very fast but makes the most out of every run.  Hookem and Congrats Sam!

Also, can Derka be banned from this thread?  Pegged Sam as a likely transfer candidate before he even stepped foot on campus and has shit on him until today.  Derka you don’t know one thing about how to evaluate QB play or football in general and you should really just shut the fuck up and stick to the basketball board.

what a sensationalist reaction to someone who simply doesn't agree with you when it comes to the talent level of a football player. more hornfans stuff here. stop it. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

Sam Ehlinger (TRSO) thru 6 games: 132/202 (65.35%), 1499 yards, 17 total TDs (11 passing) and 2 INTs       5-1 (3-0)

Colt McCoy (RSSO) thru 6 games: 137/212 (64.62%), 1578 yards, 10 total TDs and 10 INTs          5-1 (2-1)

Get off the kids back and let him lead us out of this abyss of QB ineptitude that we have gone through post Colt.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

It’s amazing Derka is getting as much pos rep as he is for “eating crow” and trying to appear as reasonable as he can, before inevitably melting down, which he already has. People here are suckers. For Derka. Lulz. 

you would certainly be the expert on being a sucker for me. 

8 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

I'll give Derka and 6th Street credit. They willingly ate crow today way before anyone asked them to.

I haven't seen Derka since we moved over to Surly.  I'm glad as I haven't had to add him to my ignore list.

3 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

Sam Ehlinger (TRSO) thru 6 games: 132/202 (65.35%), 1499 yards, 17 total TDs (11 passing) and 2 INTs       5-1 (3-0)

Colt McCoy (RSSO) thru 6 games: 137/212 (64.62%), 1578 yards, 10 total TDs and 10 INTs          5-1 (2-1)

Get off the kids back and let him lead us out of this abyss of QB ineptitude that we have gone through post Colt.

Jeez, I need to rewatch those games. I cannot remember Colt being that bad.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

you would certainly be the expert on being a sucker for me. 

Nope. I’ve never pos repped you for acting like in an ass in a thread, then saying you were wrong, because I know you’ll act like an incredulous twat when people aren’t totally forgiving. Which is exactly what has happened. 

I felt like I was taking crazy pills last year having to argue for Ehlinger over Buechele on Shaggy. Yeah, he had some back-breaking turnovers as a freshman, but his confidence and TOUGHNESS were so easily seen. And his natural poise in the pocket.  The beginning of this season I was a little disappointed in his progress, but today was a huge moment for him. 

We fucking MAULED OU's defense today. We haven't seen that sort of grown man shit in a while. And Sam is a big part of that attitude. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I felt like I was taking crazy pills last year having to argue for Ehlinger over Buechele on Shaggy. Yeah, he had some back-breaking turnovers as a freshman, but his confidence and TOUGHNESS were so easily seen. And his natural poise in the pocket.  The beginning of this season I was a little disappointed in his progress, but today was a huge moment for him. 

We fucking MAULED OU's defense today. We haven't seen that sort of grown man shit in a while. And Sam is a big part of that attitude. 

It was easy to see for anyone who isn’t a moron or entitled whiny bitch, unfortunately much of our fan base falls in one of those categories.

22 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

How many socks has Derka created to give himself rep?

2 minutes ago, elguapo said:

It was easy to see for anyone who isn’t a moron or entitled whiny bitch, unfortunately much of our fan base falls in one of those categories.

People increasingly have so much invested in being right on a message board. And have a lot of bluster and bravado behind that. When you combine that with a .500 program over the last 4.5 seasons and .600 program over the last 8.5 years, it’s going to exacerbate this. 

While everyone appreciates being right, I truly do not give a damn about my predictions. Today’s result didn’t surprise me, but I don’t think Sam has made it or anything. I also would not have been surprised to see him fail. I didn’t think he would, but you never know if kids will develop or not. 

That people here were not seeing that he was, by far, the best playmaker we’ve had since Colt and with some seasoning, he’d likely improve, floors me. They were so invested in Buechele or the next best thing or whatever, but at some point it became about being right. 

34 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Hell, 4 of those INTs came in the blowout loss to KSU and Jordy Nelson.

Shit, can you imagine what happens when the OL is actually above average?

Edited by HtownHorn

I need to eat some crow. Through the Maryland game I did not give Sam much hope to develope into the passer we needed to run this offense. He has grown significantly in the last 5 games and the play of the offensive line probably is not a coincidence. 

I was wrong about Sam. He went toe to toe with Ewok Sooner and beat him. He looked more like the Heisman candidate today. 

2 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

I really hope they don't land Hurts or Bryant, but yeah, none of these three are Kyler Murray. That dude is really good.

If they land one of those guys I’ll really question what the hell is up. They get baker and Kyler as transfers and we’ve lived vee in qb hell for 8 years.

You dont remember the John Chiles movement?

2007 was an indictment on the ineptitude of Greg Davis and Mack Brown. The oline saw a big drop off, Jamaal Charles and Jermichael Finley were wasted and the defense was porous, so bad that Stephen McGee looked like John Elway when he played Texas.

1 hour ago, FizzleFish said:

If they land one of those guys I’ll really question what the hell is up. They get baker and Kyler as transfers and we’ve lived vee in qb hell for 8 years.

the coaches sewing circle QB transfer crap between OU/A&M/Tech has been going on for a while.  I suppose they could get Hurts.  I think Bryant stays closer to Clemson

26 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
29 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:
Could become first Texas QB to beat OU twice in a season. If OU survives T+1.

Maybe. Texas beat Oklahoma twice in 1901. Someone ask Armybrat if the same QB started both games.

Also ask him why the hell we played them twice in 1901.

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

anyone who thought shane was a better option than sam coming in to this season knows jack shit about football.

10 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Coaches played to run out the clock and it took all momentum away from Sam. Took him out of his rhythm. We easily score 60 had we just let him do what he did the whole game. "Good enough to win"?? Lmao. He led us to 48pts and this was after going into a shell for 3 drives or whatever. Best game by a UT QB this decade.

Couldn't have said it better myself. We should have continued to run the ball. Sam was wrecking shop on QB carries.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

You dont remember the John Chiles movement?

2007 was an indictment on the ineptitude of Greg Davis and Mack Brown. The oline saw a big drop off, Jamaal Charles and Jermichael Finley were wasted and the defense was porous, so bad that Stephen McGee looked like John Elway when he played Texas.

2007 was the most depressing 9 win season I've ever sat through. I was at the atm game that year and it was fucking brutal. 

*NVM was thinking of 2006. Neither of them were great. 

Edited by ztejas