USC v. Texas Discussion - Let It Begin

Wally Pryor

The Tom Herman road to redemption and restoring hope to the UT fan base begins with a big victory on Saturday night. I can’t wait for the haters to be proven wrong. Herman’s track record in big games is excellent. Sam definitely improved in the Tulsa game. Liked his pocket presence. I’m still sticking with my preseason prediction of 9 wins. We win 20-10.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

The Tom Herman road to redemption and hope will be restored to the UT fan base with a big victory on Saturday night. I can’t wait for the haters to be proven wrong. Herman’s track record in big games is excellent. Sam definitely improved in the Tulsa game. Liked his pocket presence. I’m still sticking with my preseason prediction of 9 wins. 

Herman's teams suffered: 

L against Maryland 2017

L against SC 2017

L against OU 2017

L against Maryland 2018. 

What part of this looks excellent to you? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

The Tom Herman road to redemption and restoring hope to the UT fan base begins with a big victory on Saturday night. I can’t wait for the haters to be proven wrong. Herman’s track record in big games is excellent. Sam definitely improved in the Tulsa game. Liked his pocket presence. I’m still sticking with my preseason prediction of 9 wins. We win 20-10.

I hope you're right, but nothing I've seen so far this year gives me any reason to believe that you are.

44 minutes ago, TheAuditor said:

This. 

Any of you coach types have theory on why our zone-read mesh is so awkward/slow?  Don't recall this being a glaring issue last year,  but have sure noticed it in game 1 and 2.   Maybe they are allowing Sam to actually option this year (versus predetermined last year) and he's taking his sweet time.  

Yes. It was slowed down to give Sam more time to hold the ball.

16 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You are a brave soul, and I hope that you are right.

Yeah he fucking crushed it against marquee opponents last year

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, this said:

Herman's teams suffered: 

L against Maryland 2017

L against SC 2017

L against OU 2017

L against Maryland 2018. 

What part of this looks excellent to you? 

58 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah he fucking crushed it against marquee opponents last year

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

His Cougar High coaching record. Wins against FSU, OU, and Louisville. Winning the American conference championship game in 2015. He helped burnish the reputation of the American as a conference so much so that they run ads claiming that they’re a Power 6 conference. That wouldn’t happen without the big wins Herman had. The “This is Texas” tagline is going to mean something after the game Saturday night. The narrative of Texas football is changing. I put my money where my mouth is by buying season tickets. Hop aboard the train.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

His Cougar High coaching record. Wins against FSU, OU, and Louisville. Winning the American conference championship game in 2015. He helped burnish the reputation of the American as a conference so much so that they run ads claiming that they’re a Power 6 conference. That wouldn’t happen without the big wins Herman had. The “This is Texas” tagline is going to mean something after the game Saturday night. The narrative of Texas football is changing. I put my money where my mouth is by buying season tickets. Hop aboard the train.

Those UH teams would have smoked Ehlinger and this group of clowns by 40.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Key Bar downtown is the official USC happy hour spot tonight. Pray for me...met a buddy here and @ 100 Trojans arrived.

Every one of them will have a Trojan polo or trojan Reyn Spooner on.  Most will have a trojan hat or visor on indoors.  They will try to one up each other on buying the most expensive tequila.  And there will be at least 3 of them who will be either completely blackout drunk or looking for a fight.  None of which could ever win one.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Whenever someone brings up VY's knee being down, it's like - you realize it still would have been first and goal, right?  I'd like our chances to still get 6 there.

And after we score, we don’t rush and miss the extra point, AND a minute or more is run off the clock meaning USC doesn’t get their FG just before halftime. 

• Like 1