Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

Houston Fire department tweeting that evac is lifted and no dangerous substances were present.
It's a weird situation where I hope it was actually a misguided supporter going for sympathy coverage. Not to score political points with it but rather because I prefer a world where campaign workers can open mail without worrying about being killed.

Rest assured, Obama hates Cruz about as bad as you can hate somebody.  He's doing  whatever Beto's campaign thinks is best.  Consider him a "silent commit", and he'll announce if and  when it's appropriate. 

It would probably help Beto more if Obama endorses Cruz. Heads would explode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, relapse98 said:

Thanks Bush.

It gets better or worse depending on your view.  It was a Roger Ailes protégé who helped spread that ad.  It was aimed squarely at old white people, even if people wanted to pretend it wasn’t at first (the mugshot was deliberately chosen out of quite a few photos).  

Even better, the Republicans stole it from Al Gore and some other Democrats who were using the issue against Dukakis in the primaries. 

And ironically, it was a program that was signed into law by a Republican governor years before.  Dukakis just so happened to be holding the reins when it happened. 

As an armchair historian, it’s fascinating how you can basically take the Willie Horton ad, replace Willie with MS-13, and replace the furlough program with “catch and release” or whatever the Republicans are calling it.

How the fuck are you still posting, and Cruz.

The bobs like me, and they know all my negs have come from socks and libtards like you. I don’t understand why you people get so afraid of someone who has a different political view than you do.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Stros said:

The bobs like me, and they know all my negs have come from socks and libtards like you. I don’t understand why you people get so afraid of someone who has a different political view than you do.

no one is afraid of you. also, no one will take you seriously slinging shit like 'libtards' around.

28 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

no one is afraid of you. also, no one will take you seriously slinging shit like 'libtards' around.

Stros is just another con(man)servative. I mean who are you going to believe, Stros or your lying eyes?

https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/texas/state-bureau/2018/10/02/orourke-plans-oct-13-rally-corpus-christi-joe-kennedy-iii/1497426002/

Democratic U.S. Senate hopeful Beto O'Rourke will campaign in Corpus Christi this month alongside Massachusetts Congressman Joe Kennedy III, the O'Rourke camp said Tuesday.

The Oct. 13 rally at the Richardson Performance on at Del Mar's East Campus starts at 10 a.m.

O'Rourke, a three-term El Paso congressman who is challenging Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz in the Nov. 6 election, has been accompanied by Kennedy at several campaign stops in Texas this year, including in a road trip through Houston.

Went to the original fundraising event that we had signed up for last night at Robert Rodriguez's house.  It was pretty cool, got to rub shoulders with Richard Linklater and some other Austin luminaries.  There was Beto beer, Beto cookies with his face on the front in sugar, Beto Whataburger tacos( beef, onions, mustard), and a whole lot of swag like buttons and coozies that we already have a million of. And a good Latino swing/lounge band.  M12 scored himself a giant Beto mug, filled with Beto beer of course.  Beto gave pretty much the same speech he did at the Willie concert.  Listening to it again it occurred to me that he is actually to the left of me on a few of his positions.  I don't care.  I mean, no one (unless you allow Fox News and Rush Limbaugh to define your politics for you) is going to get 100% of what they want out of a politician.  And this whole Tea Part, Evangelical, burn it all down if they don't get 100% of what they want mindset, is a great part of what is causing the damage being done to this country.  
So next week our house turns into a pop-up office.  We'll have people here doing phone banks and organizing block walks for 9 hours a day, 5 days a week.  Yippee.  I'm starting to believe we can actually pull this off.To be honest, I have been of the Brisket mindset for some time, just not as vocal about it, at least here.  I'm not normally a doomsday theorist but this just feels different to me, and very very dangerous and scary.  I have decided to hold out on progressing further down the rabbit hole until after the midterms.  Then I'll decide whether to recommence with the panic or not.  
Oh and to those of you who claim that M12 has outkicked his coverage, he wanted me to tell you all that he is well aware, and to give a big ol' grin and middle finger to each and every one of you    

One more thing, and I was really surprised to find this out, but Justin Nelson, the Democratic challenger for State Attorney General, is within a couple of points of indicted felon Paxton.  Another encouraging sign, maybe.  I just wanted to put it out there for everyone's radar screens.

So wanted to go to this, had a client invite me too but we’re out of town this weekend and some shit gone down with my kids and my baby other momma so it didn’t happen. Glad y’all made it though. Missed Lord Huron at Stubbs too, grrrr.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

With Trump mocking Ford's testimony, are the chances increasing that Cruz cancels all remaining debates?  There's no way in hell he wants to be asked a question on whether he support's Trump's mocking of her, not while he's got Pence and Trump flying in to help him.

What are the chances Cruz does the most spineless, cowardly self-serving thing possible, despite it being directly opposed to the interests of the people of Texas? What are the odds the sun rises in the east?

• Like 3

With Trump mocking Ford's testimony, are the chances increasing that Cruz cancels all remaining debates?  There's no way in hell he wants to be asked a question on whether he support's Trump's mocking of her, not while he's got Pence and Trump flying in to help him.

Misread this earlier, obviously.

13 minutes ago, ERhine said:

Misread this earlier, obviously.

I just picture a debate where Cruz is asked about Trump's mocking of a woman testifying about sexual assault, Cruz says Trump was wrong, Trump says "fuck you and your JFK-killing father and your batshit insane and ugly wife!"