Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

2 hours ago, Mack Tripper said:

The Rs will get what they want this weekend and there's still four weeks to the election. 

I expect our mailbox to start filling up with all kinds of unfounded shit I will call dark matter, from the dark money interests during the next 4 weeks.  They tend to put things out there leaving little  to no time to refute anything.    I wonder when the SC ruling on doxxing those behind the dark money will be activated. 

2 hours ago, happyfunball said:

Don't steal or vandalize it.

Unless its in the public right of way or, like in my neighborhood, the HOA owned property. Just be 100% sure of where it is and maybe take a picture. I don't know what I'm going to do with the Ted Cruz sign in my trunk, but its been riding there for a few days.

29 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

just out of morbid curiosity - is don jr a draw for you?  As in, you want to hear what he has to say, because you think he's worth listening to?

For me personally? No, not particularly. Just like to support Republicans when the opportunity presents itself, which isn’t very often. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

So Texas was at a 28.3% voter turnout in 2014. At what % of voter turnout does it begin to scare the GOP? Somewhere in the 32-34% range?

I am guessing the actual turnout will be higher than 34% and if you are a Republican that should "scare you to death."

• Like 1

2016 was 59.4% of registered voters and 46.5% of voting age population from the Wikipedia page on the Texas election.

For Republicans to win they really need the turnout 60% or less of the 2016 turnout. If it is 65% or more then the Democrats are showing up in big numbers.

11 minutes ago, RayDog said:

2016 was 59.4% of registered voters and 46.5% of voting age population from the Wikipedia page on the Texas election.

For Republicans to win they really need the turnout 60% or less of the 2016 turnout. If it is 65% or more then the Democrats are showing up in big numbers.

doesn't that sorta assume that people will vote the same way they did two years ago? I don't think that will be the case.

those are some big ass crowds. 

not a big fan of his speech. he's getting into the weeds about immigration in front of a college crowd. focus on student loans, jobs, healthcare, and the youth taking ownership of their future. 

Edited by Bruh Man

2 hours ago, shnsajax said:

So Texas was at a 28.3% voter turnout in 2014. At what % of voter turnout does it begin to scare the GOP? Somewhere in the 32-34% range?

Whatever it is now.  My household is voting, when it usually doesn’t have to.  A bunch of millennials at work are voting, wouldn’t fall in line with this threads goal tho.  Funny because it’s a rainbow coalition of 20 something’s. The guns are what have them voting red - all these engineers that have never hunted in their life are ate up with building and shooting ARs. That and CAD are their only hobbies it seems. And being whiners. 

36 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

those are some big ass crowds. 

not a big fan of his speech. he's getting into the weeds about immigration in front of a college crowd. focus on student loans, jobs, healthcare, and the youth taking ownership of their future. 

Where is he? Depending on the school, immigration is as big of an issue as any. UTRGV, UTSA, Texas State, UTEP, etc.

51 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Where is he? Depending on the school, immigration is as big of an issue as any. UTRGV, UTSA, Texas State, UTEP, etc.

UT and UTSA. I didnt expect the speech to be as long as it was. it went in depth on a several issues. 

Republicans, and Cruz, being foolish on the Kavanaugh stuff.   Plenty of women have worked for, or around, people like Kavanaugh, Trump, etc.  Being Texas, and ostensibly with our share of Good Ole Southern Boys, we have plenty of those types who look down on women. Doesn’t matter that we elected a lesbian for Lt. Gov.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Whatever it is now.  My household is voting, when it usually doesn’t have to.  A bunch of millennials at work are voting, wouldn’t fall in line with this threads goal tho.  Funny because it’s a rainbow coalition of 20 something’s. The guns are what have them voting red - all these engineers that have never hunted in their life are ate up with building and shooting ARs. That and CAD are their only hobbies it seems. And being whiners. 

Sounds like you have an aggy infestation on your hands. Serious condition with no known cure.