The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Former GOP Congressman Joe Walsh:  Trumpworld would happily burn this country down to get what they want.  This is quite an eye-opening interview from a man who supported Trump at one point.

https://www.salon.com/2022/02/11/joe-walsh-on-what-the-left-doesnt-get-trumpworld-would-happily-this-country-down/

Here are the parts that we here all know, but are the most important for regular people to read, imo.

As you say, you were part of TrumpWorld. What do people outside that world not understand about it?

People watching MSNBC or CNN every night hear Rachel [Maddow] and everybody else bemoaning what's going on. What you have there is a bunch of liberals and other good people just talking to each other. There are not really seeing what is going on in this country. This is a battle, a fight for the heart and soul of the country. Too many of those liberals and CNN and MSNBC and establishment Democratic Party types are not paying attention to what the other side is doing. You need to understand your enemy.

I hear from thousands of Republican voters every single day. If there's one message that I try to convey to the MSNBC viewers of the world, it is the following: These people, the Trump folks, the Republican voters of today, they would happily burn this country down to get the country they want. They would happily do it. And they tell me that. I don't think the folks who watch CNN and MSNBC every night really understand that fact.There is an echo-chamber effect among Democrats, liberals and progressives, the NPR and MSNBC types. They refuse to accept that the people living in TrumpWorld and the MAGAverse really believe what they are being told. Those Trumpists don't think they are sick. They don't think they're confused. They don't think they're lost. They think that you folks, the Democrats, the "liberals,"  are the sick and confused ones. The MAGAverse is the real world to them, and all your interventions will not help them.  

What do people in MAGA world tell you?

They are not nuts. All the good New York City liberal types — the elites, I will call them — they just laugh and think all these people are nuts or that they are all bigots. They are not. They're dead-set on what they want to do. Their country, they believe, their 1953 America, has been taken away from them. In the form of Donald Trump, they have somebody who is going to bring it back, step by step. These Trump followers are taking the long view. The MSNBC crowd does not understand that fact at all.

What is the role of race and racism in their version of the "good old days"?

It is a broader and more general view. There's no doubt that race is part of it. And let's be honest, who are we talking about? This was my family. These were my supporters. We're talking about old white men and old white women. That is the Republican Party base. These people are talking about a life where the factory that you worked at was right there in town. Now it is gone. This was a world where men married women and women married men. That's gone. There is the stupid stuff too, such as their belief that back then they could freely say "Merry Christmas." In their eyes now, that's a struggle. I hear this stuff all the time. The country had borders, and nobody could come into this country illegally. In their minds, that's all gone. Now some of this is an issue of race, where they long for a time when in their minds white people reigned supreme.

But as I see it, mostly what they want back is just a time where for them there was right and wrong, and now everything's just gray. In the last 20 years their world has changed so quickly. Trump basically just said, "I'm going to stop it. I'll stop all of this spinning. I'll build a wall. I'll keep brown and Black people out." And that was it. It was over once Donald Trump said that.

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Former GOP Congressman Joe Walsh:  Trumpworld would happily burn this country down to get what they want.  This is quite an eye-opening interview from a man who supported Trump at one point.

https://www.salon.com/2022/02/11/joe-walsh-on-what-the-left-doesnt-get-trumpworld-would-happily-this-country-down/

game of thrones khaleesi GIF

David McCormick, the former CEO of Bridgewater Associates who is running for a Pennsylvania U.S. Senate seat, will air a "Let’s go Brandon" ad during the Super Bowl Sunday, Fox News first reported.

The big picture: The 30-second spot aims to underscore the problems facing the Biden administration — including inflation, rising crime rates, immigration and the U.S.' pullout from Afghanistan — while the "Let's go Brandon" chant can be heard in the background.

Owning the libs by running superbowl ads that say "fuck joe biden" but here's the really, really, ingenious part.....the ad doesn't actually say "fuck joe biden". It says "lets go brandon", but everyone knows it  means "fuck joe biden."  

giphy.gif

Tee hee. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Owning the libs by running superbowl ads that say "fuck joe biden" but here's the really, really, ingenious part.....the ad doesn't actually say "fuck joe biden". It says "lets go brandon", but everyone knows it  means "fuck joe biden."  

giphy.gif

Tee hee. 

Oh, i thought they were working through the sexuality spectrum and had accepted the first three groups, which is very progressive of them. They're stuck at T, though. 

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

She’s fucking crazy …..

Bianca Gracia, a candidate for a Texas Senate seat, recently warned pastors that if they don't vote for her, they'll be held accountable by God because he "appointed" her for the State Senate position.

She also ignores the times Abbott had Texas roll over for Trump, a draft-dodging Yankee from New York City.   

Hey, in case you still wondered whether there's even a vestige of actual "christianity" left on the right......wonder no more.  Check out the venom for.......nuns......at Catholic Charities.....who are providing things like food and clothing to migrants who have been processed and released by CBP:

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2022/02/16/catholic-charities-catholic-vote-migrants-242408?fbclid=IwAR3ZXqpWA9XFbjYSClQx9afmdZn4OdpWqxY9MFS6uL7jciyFonFMOD9m5Cs

The angry emails and phone calls have been pouring in this week, and Donna Markham, O.P., the president and C.E.O. of Catholic Charities USA, has been among C.C.U.S.A. staff shocked by all the vitriol.

“We certainly have received hateful, hateful calls from people who say they are Catholics,” Sister Markham said, “and speaking to us in language that I would never repeat and threatening our agencies. It’s a very sad situation.”

The unpleasantness followed quickly in the wake of press releases and news reports about a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by the political action groups Judicial Watch and CatholicVote. The suit demands records of communication between the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security and of Health and Human Services “with Catholic organizations near the Texas border that were aiding illegal immigrants.”

“I’m mystified by any group that would call itself Catholic that is attacking the Catholic Church and its ministry,” Sister Markham said. “Our work with those who are poor takes its impetus, really, from our Catholic faith, and the Gospel mandate that calls all of us for over 2,000 years, especially as Catholics, to care for those who are vulnerable, homeless, hungry and suffering.

“It’s Matthew 25,” Sister Markham added. “And Catholic Charities in particular has been doing this since 1910. This is really our identity, and we don’t have any intention of stopping this ministry.

“Our work is humanitarian,” she added. “It is not political. It is grounded in our faith.”

Fueling the furious phone calls have been recent coverage and commentary from Fox News and other media, which purport that C.C.U.S.A. and other faith-based humanitarian groups encourage migration to the United States by providing aid at the border. The attacks include commentary from a Texas member of Congress who charged that C.C.U.S.A., which he called the “biggest villain of them all,” has been engaged in what amounts to human trafficking. “Nonprofit groups operating a secretive, taxpayer-funded and likely illegal operation must be honest and transparent about their role in exacerbating the border crisis,” Texas Republican Lance Gooden told Fox News Digital.

There is nothing left of any merit or virtue in the GQP.  Nothing.  It exists solely as a terrorist movement intended to inflict cruelty and pain, acting only in rage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hey, in case you still wondered whether there's even a vestige of actual "christianity" left on the right......wonder no more.  Check out the venom for.......nuns......at Catholic Charities.....who are providing things like food and clothing to migrants who have been processed and released by CBP:

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2022/02/16/catholic-charities-catholic-vote-migrants-242408?fbclid=IwAR3ZXqpWA9XFbjYSClQx9afmdZn4OdpWqxY9MFS6uL7jciyFonFMOD9m5Cs

There is nothing left of any merit or virtue in the GQP.  Nothing.  It exists solely as a terrorist movement intended to inflict cruelty and pain, acting only in rage.

The real tragedy is most of these people don’t understand or care just how unchristian their positions are.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Satchel said:

The real tragedy is most of these people don’t understand or care just how unchristian their positions are.

It's actually even worse.  There is a near perfect overlap between these people, and people who proudly identify themselves as "CHRISTIAN!" every chance they get -- a lotta "Jesus is my savior and Trump is my president!" going on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's actually even worse.  There is a near perfect overlap between these people, and people who proudly identify themselves as "CHRISTIAN!" every chance they get -- a lotta "Jesus is my savior and Trump is my president!" going on.

Kinda off topic, but I couldn’t resist:

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There's a church song I remember from when I was a kid that went "And they'll know are Christians by our love, by our love, yes they'll know we are Christians by our love."

I guess they don't sing that one any more.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Beau Vine said:

There's a church song I remember from when I was a kid that went "And they'll know are Christians by our love, by our love, yes they'll know we are Christians by our love."

I guess they don't sing that one any more.

Just because it's hard to get the right meter and rhyme with "by our unhinged, psychotic hatred."  That's a tough lyric to work with.

But I bet Kid Rock could do it.

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What happens when one of these people is told "hey bud, you know you're basically Bizarro Jesus right? Like you have nothing in common. At all. Does that bother you?". 

Dear .22 caliber Babies Jesus...please help Kandiss Taylor take her own life in a gun-cleaning accident.  

I have accepted that you have called upon me to help evacuate the 25mm voters in this country who are too far gone to save.  Help me get them on the trains, or in this case---the busses.  

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

OMFG 

She's like the real life version of this:

18 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I'd think a baby would have trouble even picking up a .22, but I guess when you got the power of Jesus running through those baby veins, you could have a squad of babies low-crawlin along the gully with a Ma Deuce.

Dude, this is 'Murica, the land where babies regularly shoot and kill people.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

@Brisketexan That dumb twat stole your campaign slogan lol.

Incorrect.  She failed to blame dirty mexicans for everything she thinks is wrong in our country.

It's Jesus, guns, babies, and America for real Americans who don't talk all mexican and shit.  That's the slogan.

9 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

And chicken gizzards from Allsup's.

.....But....I mean......this has merits as well.

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2022 at 12:43 PM, RDCanecutter said:

As in, we are all absolutely certain.

The Spirit Animal of Texas is a Leatherneck Bottle Blonde with a tree frog voice croaking for attention in a Bandera bar as she bums Marlboro Reds from her last month's mistake while making eyes at the college kids who just walked in fumbling at phones and fake IDs.

I wondered whatever happened to Sherry after Sonny got the chair. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1