The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Yikes Well GIF - Yikes Well Good Luck - Discover & Share GIFs

Meh.  The movement is made of nothing of bullies who bulldoze ahead until they get punched in the face.  That's always the case with bullies.

You don't stop them with negotiation, appeals to authority, or any of that shit.  You wheel around, punch them in the fucking face and make them bleed, and they back the fuck down because they're all pathetic cowards at heart.

Act like a 4th grade bully, get dealt with like a 4th grade bully.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Doesn't really sound like this guy was all that MAGA-hypocritical from the sparse  info in the bit. 

Nope, he didn't bash the LBGTQ's like a lot of Republicans, and even said in his last speech/sermon/whatever that it was in his home and he wasn't harming anyone and was just between him and his wife.  There was no reason to out him.

Shame, and the Christians rushed out to defend the 1819 group that outted him.

• Rage+1 2

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nope, he didn't bash the LBGTQ's like a lot of Republicans, and even said in his last speech/sermon/whatever that it was in his home and he wasn't harming anyone and was just between him and his wife.  There was no reason to out him.

Shame, and the Christians rushed out to defend the 1819 group that outted him.

Well, if he would have just hurt the right people, he could have continued wearing your wife's thong panties 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

On 10/23/2023 at 12:54 PM, RDCanecutter said:

I think the main complaint with the men in the truck was that the Jews had let them in.

Sooooooo….. I had to re-up my concealed carry permit, and this was as good a Saturday as any. The instructor said that in the last week or two most of the people signing up for his class were Jewish, as they all expressed that they were very concerned about their safety. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Do as I say, not as I do …..

small town Alabama mayor and pastor !

Well….bye gif

I know that sounds harsh, but you can just about count on him coming down horribly on anyone who is gay or transgender in his community. I would bet he has caused a lot of pain to young gay people over the years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Sooooooo….. I had to re-up my concealed carry permit, and this was as good a Saturday as any. The instructor said that in the last week or two most of the people signing up for his class were Jewish, as they all expressed that they were very concerned about their safety. 

Since 2016, I’ve advised more than a few Jewish people on procuring a firearm.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Well….bye gif

I know that sounds harsh, but you can just about count on him coming down horribly on anyone who is gay or transgender in his community. I would bet he has caused a lot of pain to young gay people over the years. 

Actually, the guy apparently didn't hate on any LBGTQ folks, and even gave a sermon/speech after being outed, the day before he died talking about, saying that it wasn't harming anyone.   And that may have been why 1819 News targeted him - he was doing it in private, but wasn't hatin' in public.

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Do they even try to justify it?  What is their argument as to why it is bad?

I would guess that the standard talking point is "it's a price cap."

Price caps are, generally speaking, a very blunt instrument and not something we want to go around imposing willy nilly.

But in certain circumstances, like these, probably justified.  It's actually somewhat narrow in that it only applies to Medicare.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Actually, the guy apparently didn't hate on any LBGTQ folks, and even gave a sermon/speech after being outed, the day before he died talking about, saying that it wasn't harming anyone.   And that may have been why 1819 News targeted him - he was doing it in private, but wasn't hatin' in public.

I hope that’s true. I didn’t see this quote.

“Yes, I have taken pictures with my wife in the privacy of our home in an attempt of humor because I know I’m not a handsome man nor a beautiful woman either,”

I’m not buying that he took the pictures “in an attempt of humor.”   But what he and his wife did for their own pleasure is none of my business.   I may be entirely wrong, but the fact that he took his life seems to me to mean that he thought the sin he had committed was so unpardonable that he could not go on living.   Again, I might be wrong, but those actions seem in compatible with someone who had no issues with transgender or gay lifestyle.

Maybe he is that rare southern Baptist minister who counseled young gay teens in his church that being gay was not their fault, or the worst of sins and an affront to God.    

I guess what is more sad is the fact that his culture and church community have such a negative opinion of cross dressing and anything gay-ish that he felt he had to take his own life.   That speaks to a far deeper problem than whatever his personal views were. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Isn’t suicide a super bad sin also?

Of course it is, more for Catholics than Protestants, but a major sin nonetheless.

I will surmise that this guy lived a double life, maybe not acting on it outside of marriage, but that his shame and self loathing took over once "caught".  The sad thing is, if that's true, he didn't do anything wrong but was so wrapped up in his chosen path that he felt that suicide was the only way out.

Or, there could be a much more salacious or even sinister story at play that just hasn't come out.

I honestly don't think of suicide as a way out for people who aren't deep in depression or caught in a trap from which they know they can't escape.  Who knows with this guy?

50 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Brushy Creek getting rid of fluoride in their water.   I expect MAGA will push hard to do the same elsewhere (I'm not saying this was MAGA behind this)

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/does-your-water-have-fluoride-why-some-cities-are-moving-towards-removing-it/

The cities of Round Rock and Georgetown do not fluoridate.  

On 9/3/2023 at 6:37 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

University of Texas Phrenology Dept. Chair weighs in on Jimmy Buffett

https://x.com/richardhanania/status/1698324054384754805?s=46&t=WQWp8jCL9d3WDAPBWICDFQ

University of Texas Liberty and also Race Science Institute Fellow weighs in on the  Randian liberated morality of the Übermenschen.

• Rage+1 1