The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

47 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

There's a guy here in town; has a lifted Ram diesel brodozer.   Trump stickers on the back glass with his A&M decals; has flown a trump flag off of his bumper hitch from time to time.  Pretty much what you picture.

Except this week, he has a Chiefs flag flying off the bumper hitch.  Either he's super conflicted or he is clueless about the whole Swift/Kelce/NFL story.

I found the dichotomy hilarious.

34 minutes ago, F250 said:

That makes sense.

The Chiefs are winners and it's in the nature of aggy to hitch their wagon to a winner to ride the tail coat to a championship.

There are some that love the Chiefs solely for their refusal to bend to lib'rul demands to change their name.

2 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

How old was TS in that video

Swift broke her long-running apolitical approach to publicity in 2018, when she endorsed Blackburn’s Democratic opponents in the midterm elections. Swift said in a statement that Blackburn’s voting record “appalls and terrifies me.”

Swift’s 2020 documentary Miss Americana shows the singer crying as she explains to her father why she needs to speak out against Blackburn, over the latter’s opposition to LGBTQ rights and the Violence Against Women Act. Swift criticizes Blackburn’s policies and calls her “Trump in a wig.”

https://newrepublic.com/post/178606/marsha-blackburn-afraid-taylor-swift

14 hours ago, safe sex said:

In my experience it depends on the type of nurse a person is. Overall I'd say it's about 50/50. 

LVNs are barely nurses which make up a majority. 

I know several RNs and NPs that can't stand their dumbasses. Their job is to pass out meds. Thats it.

LVNs perform crucial duties, especially in SNFs, LTACs, and other dumping grounds of older Americans. They are a critical part of the continuum of care.

But like you mentioned, very minimal education. 

According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are 676,440 LVNs vs 2,986,500 RNs. Healthcare in this country is so fucked lmao

4 minutes ago, safe sex said:

LVNs perform crucial duties, especially in SNFs, LTACs, and other dumping grounds of older Americans. They are a critical part of the continuum of care.

But like you mentioned, very minimal education. 

According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are 676,440 LVNs vs 2,986,500 RNs. Healthcare in this country is so fucked lmao

I did not know there was that much of an imbalance.  How many nurse practitioners are there?  I've noticed over the past few years, I almost never see my primary any more, it's always the nurse practitioner, which is fine.

CNAs: 1,371,050

NPs: 211,280

CRNAs: 41,960

LVNs can be really annoying, because it's just enough education to fool lay people into thinking you know more than you do, and that's a feeling a lot of people enjoy, especially if being "in healthcare" gives you some cachet in your social circles. It all depends on how self-aware and mature the nurse is.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I love Carville.

Carville is one of two funny-lookin famous guys I almost bumped into in person. One time, he was runnin on the bike trail in Alexandria VA. Or maybe I was bikin on the runnin trail, dunno. Another time, he was gettin take-out pizza and had on bright red shoes. Anybody else, I wouldn't have noticed. But he's so damn funny lookin, he draws the eye.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

There's a guy here in town; has a lifted Ram diesel brodozer.   Trump stickers on the back glass with his A&M decals; has flown a trump flag off of his bumper hitch from time to time.  Pretty much what you picture.

Except this week, he has a Chiefs flag flying off the bumper hitch.  Either he's super conflicted or he is clueless about the whole Swift/Kelce/NFL story.

Bruh... it's easy

He is aggy.  Arrowhead Stadium is located in Kansas City, Missouri.  Missouri is the home of The University of Missouri which is a member of the SEC.   If KC wins, aggy can put up a National Champeenship sign on Pyle Stadium.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'm not much on pop culture and have not knowingly heard a Taylor Swift song. If there's only one that I should listen to on YouTube which one is it?

I didn't know if I had either, then I realized they are the soundtrack to half the puppy videos out there.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texasdago said:

Just a reminder that this month MAGA and covert MAGA types will be making all kinds of racists and veiled racist comments on social media... I know I know... more than usual.

image.thumb.png.e77ad455c576845dfbb2476145fc50ff.png

This is the same kind of Liberal pandering that has people thinking Egypt is in Africa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Just a reminder that this month MAGA and covert MAGA types will be making all kinds of racists and veiled racist comments on social media... I know I know... more than usual.

image.thumb.png.e77ad455c576845dfbb2476145fc50ff.png

"WHY ISN'T THERE A WHITE HISTORY MONTH????"

21 minutes ago, safe sex said:

CNAs: 1,371,050

NPs: 211,280

CRNAs: 41,960

LVNs can be really annoying, because it's just enough education to fool lay people into thinking you know more than you do, and that's a feeling a lot of people enjoy, especially if being "in healthcare" gives you some cachet in your social circles. It all depends on how self-aware and mature the nurse is.

Who would be doing immunotherapy infusions? I'd chat with all the nurses, find out where they were from. Many of them drove in from from other towns. The ones from hill towns north and east of here tended to be grumpier and more likely that I'd overhear them grumbling about vaxes. But matches up pretty well with local politics I guess.

Non-related, but a buddy works sound at a local bar that has bands. Every few months he's hanging out with a different Travel Nurse. Everybody seems happy.

45 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Carville is one of two funny-lookin famous guys I almost bumped into in person. One time, he was runnin on the bike trail in Alexandria VA. Or maybe I was bikin on the runnin trail, dunno. Another time, he was gettin take-out pizza and had on bright red shoes. Anybody else, I wouldn't have noticed. But he's so damn funny lookin, he draws the eye.

From time to time I’ll get dinner and an old-fashioned at one of my fave restaurants. Carvel is one of the regulars at that bar, especially if LSU is on the TV.    I’ve had several discussions with the guy, and he is as bright and knowledgeable as he is kooky.   

interesting guy. As a kid, he grew up at one of the few remaining leper  colonies, which is located in Carville, Louisiana.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

From time to time I’ll get dinner and an old-fashioned at one of my fave restaurants. Carvel is one of the regulars at that bar, especially if LSU is on the TV.    I’ve had several discussions with the guy, and he is as bright and knowledgeable as he is kooky.   

interesting guy. As a kid, he grew up at one of the few remaining leper  colonies, which is located in Carville, Louisiana.

When you talk with him, do you start sayin "dis" and "dat?" Cuz I do it just listenin to im. I caint hep it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Who would be doing immunotherapy infusions? I'd chat with all the nurses, find out where they were from. Many of them drove in from from other towns. The ones from hill towns north and east of here tended to be grumpier and more likely that I'd overhear them grumbling about vaxes. But matches up pretty well with local politics I guess.

Non-related, but a buddy works sound at a local bar that has bands. Every few months he's hanging out with a different Travel Nurse. Everybody seems happy.

LVNs can do infusions in Texas, but they need an additional certification for it. I would hazard a guess that most LVNs lack that cert and the majority of infusions are run by RNs, whether they're BSNs or ASNs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm uncertain how many football fans are really pissed off about the Taylor Swift/NFL coverage but I do know the Venn chart would overlap completely with the same guys who get pissed off about football safety rules changes or players talking politics.  Their opinions ignore players who don't know their own names by 50, or they ignore conservatives players/entertainers who mimic their own political beliefs. 

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

2 hours ago, F250 said:

That makes sense.

The Chiefs are winners and it's in the nature of aggy to hitch their wagon to a winner to ride the tail coat to a championship.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There are some that love the Chiefs solely for their refusal to bend to lib'rul demands to change their name.

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

Bruh... it's easy

He is aggy.  Arrowhead Stadium is located in Kansas City, Missouri.  Missouri is the home of The University of Missouri which is a member of the SEC.   If KC wins, aggy can put up a National Champeenship sign on Pyle Stadium.

40 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Uh, if it were in MISSOURI it would be in MISSOURI City.

Checkmate.

I think y'all are missing one other obvious point. San Francisco is full of "fudge packers," according to at least one of our posters on the Football board.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I don't know which accounts are parody accounts. With "fucking Taylor Swift makes you gay" I'm assuming this is parody.

Owen Benjamin Kares Troy-Smith, known professionally as Owen Benjamin, is an American conspiracy theorist and internet personality who has espoused views rooted in white supremacism and antisemitism. He was a stand-up comedian and actor who had minor roles in mainstream film and television between 2008 and 2015

afraid not

5 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

afraid not

She is one of the most famous people in the world, is objectively attractive (how much so depends on your tastes) and is worth billions. These people live in an upside down world.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I think y'all are missing one other obvious point. San Francisco is full of "fudge packers," according to at least one of our posters on the Football board.

PLEASE tell me someone at least broke out the Blazing Saddles line about "Kansas City faggots"???

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

PLEASE tell me someone at least broke out the Blazing Saddles line about "Kansas City faggots"???

Nope, it was glossed over. I reported it within a couple of minutes to the site's owner, who was active on the same page. If I recall correctly, there's a requirement for three "reports" to be made before any action is taken (why 3? I dunno. does that number also apply to racist posts?), so none was taken.

What irked me most was this was only a day or so after a stink was made about the Cloak Room being toxic and also during a time in which there's an effort to make this site more attractive to young people. It doesn't seem to me that allowing homophobic slurs to stay up is going to do that though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

26 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Nope, it was glossed over. I reported it within a couple of minutes to the site's owner, who was active on the same page. If I recall correctly, there's a requirement for three "reports" to be made before any action is taken (why 3? I dunno. does that number also apply to racist posts?), so none was taken.

What irked me most was this was only a day or so after a stink was made about the Cloak Room being toxic and also during a time in which there's an effort to make this site more attractive to young people. It doesn't seem to me that allowing homophobic slurs to stay up is going to do that though.

Which of our shitty right-wing posters was it?

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Ugly knees, WNB

421961954_24611650975146917_153072699616

The rationalizations these guys come up with...yep, that's real ALPHA talking there big guy. Especially the slut shaming. He ought to listen to her song catalog and one song in particular, hehe.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The WSJ editorial board is largely insane and completely different from the paper itself but even the conspiracy talk is too much for them.  They had a piece today about the Taylor Swift thing being an example of how it's basically a party of conspiracy theorists now.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

sat shiva with him a few times in the not too distant past.  my old law partner and Paul Begala were roommates at UT.  he's hilarious...and genuine.  when he found out i went to LSU it was game on.  he's completely full of shit in all the right ways.  

my kinda guy...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Father with daughters are how you end up a middle aged male TS fan.  Her music was annoying to me at first, but having spent the last 10yrs and thousands of miles driving my daughters around to various club sports tournaments,  her songs were always playing since the copilot controls the radio.   When I started to ask my daughters why they connected to her various songs I started to appreciate how she is helping these kids cope with their shit at various stages in their lives.  Now her songs are a soundtrack to many fond memories of being a dad.   I hope she kicks the shit out of these dickheads trying to fuck with her.    #teamswift

You. You sir are a good dad.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1