The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 10/5/2022 at 2:00 PM, CTC2 said:

I have no recognition of the times we are living in. It’s like all of a sudden the mentally ill, racist, and just dumb people have crawled out from under a rock and life as we knew it for most of our lives is over. 

my gf and I were passing the bong back and forth yesterday and I started bitching about internet trolls and magats and after ripping a particularly large hit she looked at me and said (paraphrasing), "Look, do you get bent out of shape about roaches or mosquitos? Or do you just realize they're part of our space and react accordingly? The people you're bitching about are no different. They found their way into our space and we can sit and complain about it or acknowledge they are here and treat them like the pests they are." It kinda blew my mind and was probably the best analogy for the mindset of these people. We can effectively fumigate the room, as it were, by making their presence irrelevant.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm sure many saw the Dana Loesch clip where she said how she didn't care anything about Herschel Walker's past because the only thing that mattered was taking the Senate (for the GOP.) 

Her opinions are shared by many on the right especially evangelicals. It would be interesting to understand where their line actually falls. Presumably they're ok with election tampering as long as the win. They appear to be ok with a violent overthrow of the US govt, if they don't get their way.

Many on the right now have zero regard if 51% or more of the public want another direction. It's their way or they're looking to burn it down.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

For some of the rioters who broke into the Capitol to overthrow the govt, I don't understand how the penalty for them varies between a month to 3 months. 

I feel like we should be discussing 20 years imprisonment vs the death penalty. Being stupid or failing a coup is not an excuse to get out of a long prison sentence.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

my gf and I were passing the bong back and forth yesterday and I started bitching about internet trolls and magats and after ripping a particularly large hit she looked at me and said (paraphrasing), "Look, do you get bent out of shape about roaches or mosquitos? Or do you just realize they're part of our space and react accordingly? The people you're bitching about are no different. They found their way into our space and we can sit and complain about it or acknowledge they are here and treat them like the pests they are." It kinda blew my mind and was probably the best analogy for the mindset of these people. We can effectively fumigate the room, as it were, by making their presence irrelevant.

I tend to try and kill cockroaches and mosquitos. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

For some of the rioters who broke into the Capitol to overthrow the govt, I don't understand how the penalty for them varies between a month to 3 months. 

I feel like we should be discussing 20 years imprisonment vs the death penalty. Being stupid or failing a coup is not an excuse to get out of a long prison sentence.

You know Twice will be here any second to explain why you are wrong, in a legal sense.  And he's probably not wrong.  But you aren't either.

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm assuming (ass/u/me) there was significant information extracted from each one, all pointing upwards.

BTW, anyone seen Gaetz's "wingman" lately?

28 minutes ago, C-Man said:

And re-booked her for a show in the spring.

She has absolutely blown up in fame in the last 24 hours.  Huge named comics are coming out in droves to back her and celebrate her.  Aside from the potential head trauma, that guy just did her a huge favor (that fucking beer had some serious velocity on it though, that wasn't just some cup of draft beer being tossed at a ballgame).  Moontower Comedy here in Austin already reached out to her agent to book her for 2023.  

Kinda bummed out this guy's identity has not been released yet.  Surely the club took his credit card for the beer.  Would be a damn shame if some server were to leak it anonymously.  He's gonna do 30 days in county, at least a year of probation, be ostracized, and probably lose his job.  And oh yeah, he was completely owned by her wit before the violence started.  

Edited by YGIFS

Roaches and mosquitoes don’t have AR-15s and they aren’t banning books or taking away my bodily autonomy or terrorizing trans kids etc etc.

Ignoring these people will not make them go away.

That’s a terrible analogy.
  • Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

While I think I understand your gf's perspective, I agree with Bama Chick and the others who've pointed out some potential differences. I'll go Godwin on this and point out that the Nazi administration very pointedly used such terms as cockroaches and rats and other vermin to describe Jewish citizens and in an inverse reality to your anecdote, it enabled non Jewish citizens to ignore what was happening to them. See a sign that had a mandated Jewish star in the window and think, oh I will take my business elsewhere thus making the Jewish business irrelevant. We now have trolls and trolls masquerading as elected officials essentially urging a specific percentage of Americans to regard other Americans and immigrating potential Americans in this light of less than. So, while your gf appears to say, treat the trolls as pests, I do believe we are at the stage in the arc of history where they are not going to go away without some severe consequences for their behavior. So if you did mean ignore them, I cannot agree. If you mean there are better strategies than retweeting everything the trolls say, then I agree with that. Jay Rosen, NYU prof,  often takes the press to task for how they frame their questions and their stories, and their ledes. The public that is concerned with how things are progressing needs people who know how to do these types of things and do them well to speak up and speak out and give examples. The difficulty seems to be that the American attention span is shrinking faster than Ben Shapiro's gonads.

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Roaches and mosquitoes don’t have AR-15s and they aren’t banning books or taking away my bodily autonomy or terrorizing trans kids etc etc.

Ignoring these people will not make them go away.

That’s a terrible analogy.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Sigh. Men like Ken don't want to share anything in the sandbox with anyone who isn't exactly like them. Ken, Jesus would have a lot to say about that. Plus, your argument is stale and so been there done that through out history: (rest of his thread is spoilered for length.

Spoiler

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Sigh. Men like Ken don't want to share anything in the sandbox with anyone who isn't exactly like them. Ken, Jesus would have a lot to say about that. Plus, your argument is stale and so been there done that through out history: (rest of his thread is spoilered for length.

Reveal hidden contents

From the extensive replies

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know it won’t make a big difference, but all the rioters should lose the right to vote permanently.

• Hook 'Em 3