The movie you just watched

F250

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Searching for something to watch on a flight I settled on Pan’s Labyrinth. Wow, what a great movie. It definitely puts the grim in fairy tale. Del Toro at his best. Not for kids for sure.

I remember watching Pan's Labyrinth, Children of Men, and the Korean monster movie The Host all in theaters around the same time in 2006. All three were great, grim tales that still stick with me today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/16/2023 at 12:07 PM, Buzzrock said:

Searching for something to watch on a flight I settled on Pan’s Labyrinth. Wow, what a great movie. It definitely puts the grim in fairy tale. Del Toro at his best. Not for kids for sure.

It's my favorite movie 

I don't think it's necessarily for everyone, but I love it 

Caught the latest Indiana Jones on a flight and I have to say, I didn't hate it. I expected it to be pretty bad but I liked it better than Crystal Skull (low bar I know). The de-aging stuff is pretty incredible, although it breaks the suspension of disbelief when he starts talking. I guess that's the next thing they will tackle.

Spoiler

I kinda thought they should have left him in the past, but then I was glad when they didn't. It would have created far too many plot holes (and there were plenty already).

Five Nights at Freddy’s was actually pretty good and funny. There was a lot of laughing during the movie at the showing I went to. It was definitely an 80’s throwback type of movie. The ghost kids manning the giant robot animals was all kinds of humorous. It was probably meant to have more horror, but I didn’t care. A good one-off movie to watch in your spare time if you come across it once it streams.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 2:27 PM, UpperWestside said:

Five Nights at Freddy’s was actually pretty good and funny. There was a lot of laughing during the movie at the showing I went to. It was definitely an 80’s throwback type of movie. The ghost kids manning the giant robot animals was all kinds of humorous. It was probably meant to have more horror, but I didn’t care. A good one-off movie to watch in your spare time if you come across it once it streams.

I saw this with my kids last night. It was a pretty entertaining movie. I agree, it was definitely an 80's throw back.

Anatomy of a Fall. French film I hadn't heard anything about other than seeing it on the Alamo Drafthouse website. A bit of a murder mystery/courtroom drama that toes the line to thriller. Really liked it. At times the courtroom scenes felt like a 90s trial movie throwback, and overall enjoyed watching the story unfold. 

What Happens Later with Meg Ryan and David Duchovny. This was a good movie and the two of them had great on-screen chemistry. It is definitely worth spending a free afternoon or evening watching this when it is available for streaming. I liked the premise and how they looked back at their former selves and loves while being stuck in the airport. Not a long movie for those who have short attention spans which is another good thing. I would watch this again. 

10 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Anatomy of a Fall. French film I hadn't heard anything about other than seeing it on the Alamo Drafthouse website. A bit of a murder mystery/courtroom drama that toes the line to thriller. Really liked it. At times the courtroom scenes felt like a 90s trial movie throwback, and overall enjoyed watching the story unfold. 

This was something I contemplated seeing this evening, but I knew I would not have time to see it due to when it started here. I am going to watch it though.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/27/2023 at 12:27 PM, UpperWestside said:

Surprised to see relatively decent review.  I was entertained because I enjoy bad 80s slasher type movies. I think it fit that mold.  I enjoyed it but I have low standards in general and if someone said the plot was thin and laughable, I’d have to agree with that.  

33 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Surprised to see relatively decent review.  I was entertained because I enjoy bad 80s slasher type movies. I think it fit that mold.  I enjoyed it but I have low standards in general and if someone said the plot was thin and laughable, I’d have to agree with that.  

Oh the plot for sure was pretty thin, but those camera shots of ghost kid robots on the security cam was funny. Sometimes good movies are simple and just make you feel nice when it is over. 

Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse

Fast pacing.  Amazing animation.  Smart/funny dialogue with plenty of references to surprise.  Was disappointed when it ended (because it ended, not because of the story/plot).  I've never done psychedelic drugs, but I imagine this movie would melt your brain if you were tripping while watching.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

A Haunting in Venice.

On Hulu.

My favorite of the Branagh Hercule Poirot movies so far. Not great but I enjoyed it more than Orient Express and it was light years better than the Nile abomination.  Very creepy and startling.  Venice and the palazzo are the best characters imo. Worth a watch.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, hdmovieslounge said:

We are all aware of the things that movie producers like Quentin Tarantino and actors like Al Pacino are known for. Of course, the guns, the slugs, and the sheer machismo. All of this is made possible by the peculiarity of the characters, the sets, and, for the most part, their universes. hdmovieslounge

The AI is getting smarter!

15 hours ago, RPM said:

Reminds me of an extended Nora from Queens episode without Grandma. Has it's moments. If you like Awkwafina, you'll enjoy this.

I would watch the 2000 and 2003 Texas/blowu games on repeat before I'd watch 10 seconds of a movie with bottled water brand name and sandra ohfuckareyouugly

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The Persian Version.

This is my favorite movie I have watched since I saw Jojo Rabbit (My all time favorite movie) on opening night (And about 8 more times taking various friends to see it) and I would say this is a must see movie. Hard to really quantify how good this was to watch. We need more movies like this to be made. I will gladly watch this again.

• Hook 'Em 1

I went to the "wayback" machine for Operation Petticoat. Cary Grant, Tony Curtiss, Joan O'Brien, Marion Ross, Dick Sargent, Gavin MacLeod and others.  1959. Comedy and in color.  Funny as hell.  Grab your sweetie, bowl of popcorn and blanket for the couch as the weather cools off this week.  Here's the IMDB link if ya' wanna pre-scout it.

Operation Petticoat (1959) - IMDb

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I went to the "wayback" machine for Operation Petticoat. Cary Grant, Tony Curtiss, Joan O'Brien, Marion Ross, Dick Sargent, Gavin MacLeod and others.  1959. Comedy and in color.  Funny as hell.  Grab your sweetie, bowl of popcorn and blanket for the couch as the weather cools off this week.  Here's the IMDB link if ya' wanna pre-scout it.

Operation Petticoat (1959) - IMDb

That was a very good movie.

• Like 1